Login

russian armor

Dealing with OKW as US in 1v1?

25 Oct 2014, 20:27 PM

How is it done? I can handle the other army with relative ease but against these I fail every time. In early game they locked down an area with a kubel so I flanked and took the rest of the map until I brought out an M20 to kill it, along with a sturm squad and an MG. Then I bring on a AAHT to punish him while he is behind but he just brings in a puma and kills it (despite being backed by bazooka teams and cannon active), and sends a volks blob to kill my M20. By this point I have little fuel because my capping rifles are being outclassed by fallscrimjaeger (that how you spell it) which left me with no Scott/Sherman to deal with them. I did manage to get an M8 and nearly took 2 para squads out. (each with 1 man) A little back and forth for a while before he brings on a panther against my terrible AT squads + 1 AT gun.

Most games against OKW end similarly unless they are really bad because even when I wipe multiple squads early game his units are simply better. (Or at least it seems like it)
Anyway, what am I doing wrong, is it just a L2P issue?
25 Oct 2014, 20:59 PM

Well vs OKW I usually skip the AAHT unless I find a forward medic truck (meaning no puma), the m20 is a must if you cant kill kubel with just rifles and you can also plant a few mines as they immobilize tanks and one shot pumas.

If the panther goes down as soon as it comes out due to a mine it is gg for most players.

I think having more than one light vehicle as US becomes to much too micro.

As far as counters to falshims doctrinal, paratroopers with LMG or Thompson, infantry company for the LMG on rifles these are just the most efficient ways in my opinion.

Stock counters to falshm a sherman with HE rounds or m8, but when falshm spawns they are really squishy, just dont charge at them from a distance since they deal good damage at all ranges.

If you are not going airborne try teching to captain instead of getting the AAHT its more useful in the long run, if you are airborne you can just drop an AT gun so you can go straight to major and get a sherman much more durable and the AI with HE rounds very good, the n8 is also good but ever since the direct fire was removed it can no longer keep a puma at bay.

Next patch I believe there will be a significant buff to bars so you can try bars on rifles to fight those falshm but once they vet 3 and up, use tanks or arty don't bother with infantry you will take heavy casualties and bleed a lot of mp.
25 Oct 2014, 21:28 PM

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try :)
26 Oct 2014, 18:10 PM

A little back and forth for a while before he brings on a panther against my terrible AT squads + 1 AT gun.

From what i have faced i feel that jacksons are much better investment than an AT gun, US AI are not that bad in their role but they get easily de-crewed for some reason and its frustrating to give an OKW player your AT.

Jacksons perform better vs panther get atleast 2 of them out in dont get more than 1 sherman. Try these bad boys man they are awsome make sure you use some armor pen bulletins if you have.

i also feel that AAHT is better than sherman as you can bait them into jacksons pluse it supress the panzer fussi blob

here is a replay where Tiger ace gets shredded in seconds with 3 jacksons ( although intial use of them is a bit sloppy but you can see a good AAHT harrasment to deny his infy pushes and jacksons to cover his tank pushes.
http://www.coh2.org/replay/25586/why-you-should-not-send-tiger-ace-in-fog-of-war
26 Oct 2014, 18:54 PM

Yeah I love the Jacksons but as I said I was fuel starved. The AAHT + Jackson combo looks nice though. Does the M15 actually stand up to shrek blobs?
27 Oct 2014, 03:56 AM

I like Bazooka Riflemen blob with 2-3 Sherman's packing HE rounds and some elite infantry or Greyhounds for extra punch.
27 Oct 2014, 10:13 AM
Donator 22

you can win with m15 vs shrek blobs, but you need to be very very micro intensive and do some smart play to overwelm your opponent.

You can't just send your m15 in front line vs heavy schreks blob, you have to send 1/2 riflemens to scout, then you place your HT , to make it shoots on FIST ONE volks squad place the arc of fire dots on it (so you will basicly be just in range to shoots, sorry, my english ain't that good) , with the HMG and the auto cannon of the HT you will suppres the first volk squad, others will need to split to get the HT, if not they will just be pinned before shooting, if they split, just hit and run, you will be ok, take care of street or close range engagment, and it will be fine, if you can be flanked, just suppres or pin one/2 volks squad then retreat the HT , riflemens will do the jobs.
28 Oct 2014, 01:01 AM

Awesome thanks for the tips, and I understood what you meant :)
28 Oct 2014, 16:14 PM

Awesome thanks for the tips, and I understood what you meant :)

if you are having trouble with a lot of early kubels consider choosing elite rifle mans as you can at nade the kubels

following replay he claimed to be a pro and got his a@@ kicked with vet rifles them kubels got flanked hard

2 Nov 2014, 05:15 AM

I feel your pain, man. This is literally me every game against OKW as US Forces. I got into 1v1 recently, and I have won all my games against Ostheer, no matter the rank or strategy of the enemy player. Sadly, as soon as I load into a game against an OKW, I lose, it takes me a long time to lose, but I always lose in the end. They claim that OKW takes a long time to collect resources, but they have such effective units to take the whole map away from your rifleman army early game. I have tried using M1919s with my Rifles, but the OKW infantry still dominates me (Especially those grenades the OKW infantry have that can wipe a rifleman squad if you aren't careful.) I usually build 4 rifles, skip ambulance, get a Lt., then a Cpt., and lastly a Stuart. By this point I am replacing my lost riflemen and giving them Bazookas or M1919s. It seems like Maj. is out of reach at that point. I lose my Stuart to a puma or a shrek blob. I have tried various tactics, but it always comes down to the same result. I can keep a game going for a long time with my geared up riflemen, but it's merely a waste of time.

Any strategy I could use to be on top of OKW?
2 Nov 2014, 05:50 AM

I feel your pain, man. This is literally me every game against OKW as US Forces. I got into 1v1 recently, and I have won all my games against Ostheer, no matter the rank or strategy of the enemy player. Sadly, as soon as I load into a game against an OKW, I lose, it takes me a long time to lose, but I always lose in the end. They claim that OKW takes a long time to collect resources, but they have such effective units to take the whole map away from your rifleman army early game. I have tried using M1919s with my Rifles, but the OKW infantry still dominates me (Especially those grenades the OKW infantry have that can wipe a rifleman squad if you aren't careful.) I usually build 4 rifles, skip ambulance, get a Lt., then a Cpt., and lastly a Stuart. By this point I am replacing my lost riflemen and giving them Bazookas or M1919s. It seems like Maj. is out of reach at that point. I lose my Stuart to a puma or a shrek blob. I have tried various tactics, but it always comes down to the same result. I can keep a game going for a long time with my geared up riflemen, but it's merely a waste of time.

Any strategy I could use to be on top of OKW?

You need to work on your build order mate watch some replays of pros.

Try this build for early map control vs OKW, choose Rifle company, get 2 RF + 1vet callin RF(handy against those Kubel) and get to fuel point and guard it, build FP with REs if you have to. get LT out and now based on your map control decide on calling M20 or holding back for M15 by doing this you are forcing him to get puma out. if you give him even 1 fuel point you will see a puma in under 6-7 mins so get your zooks researched asap.

i prefer M20 against OKW as the mines will kill puma in one hit plus you get early map control and for M15s cost you can research both BAR and zooks and keep calling in vet RFs.

watch out for AAHTs they are pain to deal with if you go this route. after this get to major if you have upper hand. if you dont you have lost the match as the next thing you will see is a luchs and its hard to deal with in this build order.
2 Nov 2014, 13:49 PM

SPAM RIFLES
SPAM BAR
SPAM M20
SPAM M20 MINE

GG
GG

GL HF

GG
2 Nov 2014, 17:35 PM

SPAM RIFLES
SPAM BAR
SPAM M20
SPAM M20 MINE

GG
GG

GL HF

GG

Serious answers please, there is no way you have enough munis to "spam" Mines and Bars. Getting more than one M20 also seems pointless.

Also a quick update, I have been having success with Rifle Company. Vet rifles are nice but the main reason is the Easy 8, I feel I can get it out quick enough to have significant impact and regain map control. It also saves me from getting a Major which is often not an option for me if I get far enough behind. Might be at a cost when he brings the super heavies though (KT), but I haven't reached this stage of the game with this strat. Panthers are easy pickings with 2 well micro'd EZ8s.
3 Nov 2014, 01:35 AM

I find that once you take out the Kubel, it's better to just grab the Captain, then Major if you don't see the Medic station. Then you'll have access to the M8A1 Howitzer and Jacksons to deal with the Puma and OKW infantry. Up until that point, your riflemen should be able to handle OKW infantry with grenades and smoke.

You could then try to unlock BARs for your riflemen for additional anti infantry, but at this point, you'll be seeing Panzers. So maybe just stick with Bazookas all the way through.
10 Nov 2014, 11:24 AM

There are many good points here. I personally go Lt+airdropped ATG for mid game AT power, and sometimes get a couple of Bazookas, Then straight for a Jackson and one M8. BARs also do good damage since the OKTOBERPATCH.
E8 is good, but pro OKW players invest their fuel for a KT and Shrek Vokls when they see vetted Rifles. They also are not very good versus frontal armor of a Panther, and if the panther is supported, it's hard to flank it.
10 Nov 2014, 22:40 PM

do bazookas really work? i never use them..
11 Nov 2014, 10:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2014, 22:40 PMViento
do bazookas really work? i never use them..

Against Light and medium armor they are fine. They also sometimes penetrate the rear armor of some heavies like tiger. They are very good against Puma.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★