Login

russian armor

Issues that plague a German player

• This thread is locked
25 Oct 2014, 15:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2014, 09:12 AMSierra
This thread was created at the insistence of user 'Daathus"

Volksgrenadiers are very lackluster and die quickly for core infantry.. Sturmpioneers lost a lot of their capability when they basically got a range nerf. Fallschirmjaeger are just waaay too flimsy for the price you pay for a 4-man squad that clumps

If Volksgrenadiers are to be a "meat shield" to draw attention for superior closer range squads, they need to be more durable.

Volksgrens die quickly with or without vet, priests, ISU-152's Shocks, Rifles etc instagibbing them as soon as they come into view doesn't help.

Jaeger Lights are okay, but the doctrine they are part of kind of sucks, Ostwind is expensive and only good for a short time, comes in way too late. Everything on the Special Forces doctrine comes in way too late. LeIG for OKW sucks, right out.

The entire Elite Armored doctrine sucks, and the Panzer IV Ausf. J's are never worth getting, despite that they come obscenely late to make a difference.

German MG's cannot suppress anything it seems and often don't fire until Allied units make it halfway through the long part of their firing arc!

Learn 2 Play
25 Oct 2014, 15:25 PM

Not sure if trolling
25 Oct 2014, 18:33 PM

You're using OKW wrong, don't treat them like an army, treat them like you're the Soviets at Stalingrad. Spam Volks, spam Panzerschrecks whenever you can, and get Obersoldaten and wait for a Panther. Fast Puma / Luchs is optional, but will make-or-break your game if you lose them before getting decently close to Panther.
25 Oct 2014, 19:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Sierra is absolutely not a troll. Having met the guy in teamspeak and playing a few games with him I can say that with certainty. He really truly believes everything he is saying.

He also told me that he doesn't view game balance discussions as a means to achieve a fair game, but a means to convince the devs to tip the odds in favor of your favorite faction.

A quick look at his player card and steam profile reveals that he's quite experienced with the game (several hundred hours) but not particularly skilled and extremely biased. No surprises there.

So what you end up with are his arguments, many of which are perfectly valid but get undermined by his tone, intent, and outright delusions. Sadly because of this we end up with a lot of equally invalid counter-arguments, most of which are ad hominem.

Arguing with him is therefore a complete and total waste of time. It can't accomplish anything.
25 Oct 2014, 19:37 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2014, 19:15 PMRomeo
Sierra is absolutely not a troll. Having met the guy in teamspeak and playing a few games with him I can say that with certainty. He really truly believes everything he is saying.

He also told me that he doesn't view game balance discussions as a means to achieve a fair game, but a means to convince the devs to tip the odds in favor of your favorite faction.

Not sure if you are trying to be a troll trolling about a troll not being a troll to troll the people calling him a troll.
25 Oct 2014, 19:41 PM
Patrion 14

I think we all established the usefulness of this thread.

Edit : unlocked due to popular request.
25 Oct 2014, 21:33 PM

Permanently Banned

A quick look at his player card and steam profile reveals that he's quite experienced with the game (several hundred hours) but not particularly skilled and extremely biased. No surprises there.

So what you end up with are his arguments, many of which are perfectly valid but get undermined by his tone, intent, and outright delusions. Sadly because of this we end up with a lot of equally invalid counter-arguments, most of which are ad hominem.

Arguing with him is therefore a complete and total waste of time. It can't accomplish anything.

Tell him to play all factions.

reasons being one faction becomes boring.

Playing all faction will change his perspective on the game.

25 Oct 2014, 21:35 PM

Kappa is the best twitch emote in my opinion
25 Oct 2014, 21:44 PM

why did this topic get unlocked?
25 Oct 2014, 21:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2014, 09:20 AMVaz
LOL

You are truly in another reality. I can't take you serious man, can you provide some replays and references? What your saying here is almost all completely the opposite of what I observe in games. The exception being volks vet0 they die to anything(perfectly fine, they are the cheapest base infantry, less than cons). The other exception is panzerIV J sucks, it does suck.

Provide some replays with time references or as far as I'm concerned this is just a trollpost to be lol'd at and then ignored. Seems to me like your playing really badly and ignoring fundamental principles of coh then complaining about being a career punching bag. I know there is some people that I stomp that would say the same things you are saying. Truth is, they just played very badly and it's not about the units they used, any units of any faction under their command would fail.

Listen Vaz, you never play Axis, you have no right to comment on axis balance and you certainly have no right to speak to another forum member as if he's an idiot when you have no idea what you're talking about.

this is just a trollpost to be lol'd at and then ignored.

Learn to communicate better, this is terrible. "omg lol what dafuq you fool, post replays, lol" - this is not the language of someone with something useful to say. Stop posting until you actually open your mind and play axis.
25 Oct 2014, 22:04 PM

Permanently Banned
Stop posting until you actually open your mind and play axis allies.

/thread

pls lock
25 Oct 2014, 22:07 PM

Not sure if being willfully delusional is better or worse than being a troll, however.
Vaz
25 Oct 2014, 22:57 PM

Listen Vaz, you never play Axis, you have no right to comment on axis balance and you certainly have no right to speak to another forum member as if he's an idiot when you have no idea what you're talking about.

this is just a trollpost to be lol'd at and then ignored.

Learn to communicate better, this is terrible. "omg lol what dafuq you fool, post replays, lol" - this is not the language of someone with something useful to say. Stop posting until you actually open your mind and play axis.

My player card is there for people to see, I have played axis many times and been quite successful. More successful than I have been with allies. I have yet to start playing OKW. Sierra is to be treated as a troll and I could honestly care less to communicate to trolls in the way you see fit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 104
Peru 42
United States 30
United States 24

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %