Login

russian armor

2 panzer grenadiers with 4 shrecks always get wiped

25 Oct 2014, 06:01 AM

ive noticed that whenever i get 2 squads of panzer grenadiers with 4 shrecks one squad gets wiped every time either to a grenade or to 1 shot from sherman HE round, it strange that it is happening very consistently
25 Oct 2014, 06:05 AM
Benefactor 392

Try not to clump your unit.
25 Oct 2014, 09:29 AM

Try not to clump your unit.

well i do put them seperately but when attacking a tank they need to close in to fire shreck i use sprint from stormtrooper doctrine to close in as soon as i stop and fire the shreman wipes one squad :(
25 Oct 2014, 12:41 PM

PGs are weak, not worth getting them at all, without shrecks they die to tanks, with shrecks they die to inf.
25 Oct 2014, 13:41 PM

Oh no, i cant counter one of usf' heaviest tank with just infantry, Relic help me!

my point was that when its one squad sherman doesnt do squad wipes you can volley atleast 2 times and retreat
but if you have 2 squads suddenly the RNG system goes crazy and wipes one out most of times.

im new to this faction started playing this last week so im trying stuff out and this is the forum to discuss
so im asking for help.

sherman is a medium tank not a heavy US forces have no heavy tanks so far.

i like to bait the tanks into panszer shreck ambush squad 2 squads will eat tanks
25 Oct 2014, 15:59 PM
Benefactor 392

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2014, 09:29 AMImSkemo

well i do put them seperately but when attacking a tank they need to close in to fire shreck i use sprint from stormtrooper doctrine to close in as soon as i stop and fire the shreman wipes one squad :(

Are you chasing the tank? if you are please stop, that is asking for a dead squad.
remember always to (right-click drag so that your troops stay unclumped when sitting still) and be aware on how your unit moves.

Also you have to baby sit the unit once you give them shreks.

If you have way to much trouble with p-grens, then you should start using the paks.

As you put that you ambush the tank with p-grens, paks are a lot better at this.
25 Oct 2014, 18:35 PM

hey, try to make 1pzgrnader ;)
26 Oct 2014, 01:06 AM

Shermans currently are pretty nuts vs INF with the HE round, no point in trying to counter them with PGrens. I'd suggest you put those munitions into some teller mines and buy a PAK.

Pgrens without Shreks are fine vs INF on some maps.
26 Oct 2014, 19:00 PM

Yes PG with Schreck are not worth it vs US unless you go assault or mechanized doc which allows you to put Schrek PGs in 250 HT then flank tanks quickly while PGs can fire out the top.
26 Oct 2014, 21:41 PM

If you are going against Americans I would advise against building Panzer Grenadiers as you need to deal with the heavy infantry presence. Grenadiers are a much better option especially if you can manage to Panzerfaust an enemy tank to allow for your Pak to pick it off.

Build teller mines often and as early as you can. Usually you can expect a light vehicle (usually armored car or the flak halftrack) or a stuart early on. Place them on roads and on your flank areas. Also place them along your retreat path. In the event that you need to fall back players will often over extend and chase to get some extra kills which would allow you to punish them for that.

If you do make Panzer Grenadiers with Panzershreks, try to keep them near a Pak to protect it from getting circle strafed.
27 Oct 2014, 04:26 AM

If you are going against Americans I would advise against building Panzer Grenadiers as you need to deal with the heavy infantry presence. Grenadiers are a much better option especially if you can manage to Panzerfaust an enemy tank to allow for your Pak to pick it off.

Build teller mines often and as early as you can. Usually you can expect a light vehicle (usually armored car or the flak halftrack) or a stuart early on. Place them on roads and on your flank areas. Also place them along your retreat path. In the event that you need to fall back players will often over extend and chase to get some extra kills which would allow you to punish them for that.

If you do make Panzer Grenadiers with Panzershreks, try to keep them near a Pak to protect it from getting circle strafed.

i feel panzer grenadiers are much better vs US they turned the tide for me in this battle
http://www.coh2.org/replay/25928/panzer-grenadiers-save-the-day-eat-hordes-of-rifles
11 Dec 2014, 20:11 PM

The unit at present is useless - nobody can afford so much manpower wasted + munitions to just wait for the tank closing in on a AT. Even a semi skilled player won't do that - they will shoot for a while and withdraw the tank to repair. If they overextend you will be able to utilize panzegrenadiers but again this is your opponents' mistake. Having invested so much manpower and munitions into AT and panzergrenadiers they will kill you with infantry with support of a tank.
11 Dec 2014, 20:20 PM

The unit at present is useless - nobody can afford so much manpower wasted + munitions to just wait for the tank closing in on a AT. Even a semi skilled player won't do that - they will shoot for a while and withdraw the tank to repair. If they overextend you will be able to utilize panzegrenadiers but again this is your opponents' mistake. Having invested so much manpower and munitions into AT and panzergrenadiers they will kill you with infantry with support of a tank.

I don't get shreks on them, I just use them as mid range damage dealers. Engage enemy at long rage with LMG Grens then bring a PGren squad to flank. The only time I would consider getting Shreks on PGrens is if the enemy goes very vehicle spammy.
20 Dec 2014, 22:14 PM

I don't use them with shrecks.It was only to confirm that they are not too good, not to say overpriced for their performance. I guess they shreck upgrade would make more sense if you could buy them separately for 60 munitions.
20 Dec 2014, 22:15 PM

I don't use them with shrecks.It was only to confirm that they are not too good, not to say overpriced for their performance. I guess they shreck upgrade would make more sense if you could buy them separately for 60 munitions.
28 Dec 2014, 01:09 AM
Benefactor 340

i think in this situation you are going against the wrong tank, Shermans are super powerful against infantry i normaly use shrecked up pgrens against su-85 or jacksons or other thanks that suck against infantry

however pgrens seem to have less armor on all levels (with or without shreck)they have to be intensely microd and are often not worth the investment considering the cost of the unit its self and the shreck upgrade especially when playing against USA
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★