Login

russian armor

Idea for new statistic to track

25 Oct 2014, 05:54 AM
Donator 22

I think it would be cool if the game could track won/loss record by commander chosen. Be kind of cool to see a "leaderboard" based on the results too.

i.e. In addition to best 1 v 1, 2 v 2, in Ostheer, OKW, etc....also one that has best won/loss record for Ostheer Spearhead Commander or American Infantry Commander...etc.

I wonder if this would be possible?
25 Oct 2014, 05:58 AM

Neat idea, I like it, should weed out the power gamers from the true innovators...
25 Oct 2014, 06:12 AM

I believe this was proposed before, but people were opposed because it would just reinforce the stale meta even further by outright showing you the nest commanders.
25 Oct 2014, 06:20 AM
Donator 22

I believe this was proposed before, but people were opposed because it would just reinforce the stale meta even further by outright showing you the nest commanders.

I doubt it would do much to reinforce that which is already known by the community. In any case, it would give players something to work towards just like it does with factions. Most folks are aware of Axis dominance in large team games for example. However, I sincerely doubt that people are influenced to play Axis because of leader boards.
25 Oct 2014, 19:23 PM
Donator 22

25 Oct 2014, 19:27 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I assume Relic already has a statistic like this (not that they ever do anything with it anyways). I can see no benefit for having the rest of the community knowing these stats though. It would just cause people to pick the most used ones instead of the others because they don't want to feel like they are getting the short end of the stick.
25 Oct 2014, 19:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

oooh, that would be a good one.
26 Oct 2014, 04:37 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I would love seeing which commanders are being used. It's not like we don't know this but it would be interesting/sad seeing the actuall difference of usage.
26 Oct 2014, 05:10 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2014, 19:27 PMTobis
I assume Relic already has a statistic like this (not that they ever do anything with it anyways). I can see no benefit for having the rest of the community knowing these stats though. It would just cause people to pick the most used ones instead of the others because they don't want to feel like they are getting the short end of the stick.

Isn't this already happening?

Its not like many people pick any Ost doctrines without an Elephant or Tiger (for example). Besides, its just showcasing the top 10 or so folks in each doctrine, and your own record on your player card with different doctrines. Would be interesting information. I personally would take it as a challenge to see if I could get a good record with the less used doctrines.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 25
Peru 19
unknown 7
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %