Login

russian armor

American Commanders, we need some power.

31 Oct 2014, 13:13 PM

I will be so disappointed if rangers have 2 bazookas like vcoh if bazookas are still in current state. Also, I hope rangers have the IRL helmet insignia as well
31 Oct 2014, 15:17 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

They have thompsons, bazookas, grenades, smoke grenades, and demo charges in the most recent relic official stream preview
31 Oct 2014, 15:18 PM

Awesome, can anyone tell me if rangers have been confirmed for multiplayer?
31 Oct 2014, 15:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

They have not been confirmed for multiplayer. Relic has been pretty vague on the subject. They will definitely not be added to multiplayer with the release of Ardennes Assault. Afterward, nobody knows.
31 Oct 2014, 15:41 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

dont really see the difference between rangers and thompsons paras.
31 Oct 2014, 15:58 PM

Lol, you want more firepower when you already have the Priest "Godlike" artillery unit, rifles with Bars and LMG upgrades that trump anything the Germans can throw at them barring the Obersoldatens, and finally Shermans that can squad wipe easily.

No, the US doesn't need anymore firepower since they already have enough.

The Lmg and the priest are both doctrinal so it is acceptable that they are dangerous. As the fallshemjager are, as the Panzerfüsilier's are. Anti inftry units with strong anti tank ability's. I want something like this. even if the us army is equal to the okw army, there commanders are not.

Lets instead, work on creating commanders that will be both be appetizing and potentially cannibalistic. I gave some op examples, I would love to hear how you might tone them down. Whilst being realistic and generous with the American army we are trying to improve in this thread.
31 Oct 2014, 16:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

5 man squad, smoke grenade and bazooka, demo charge is not on a timer.

Also they can put away their bazookas similar to how sturmpios can put away their minesweeper.
31 Oct 2014, 16:05 PM

unfortunately with relics reluctancy to change faction structure strong commanders will be the only way to bring usf to the level of the other factions . but the OPs suggestions were really OP :P
31 Oct 2014, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 16:01 PMRomeo

Also they can put away their bazookas similar to how sturmpios can put away their minesweeper.

O_O

Guards need this for their PTRS...
1 Nov 2014, 07:12 AM

like to see them 6 man though. more importantly though, are they tough enough to stand up to lmgs? armed to the teeth but if they are going to melt to lmg fire like all allied elite infantry, then whats the point?
1 Nov 2014, 07:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 16:01 PMRomeo
5 man squad, smoke grenade and bazooka, demo charge is not on a timer.

Hyped.
1 Nov 2014, 07:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Nov 2014, 07:12 AMwongtp
like to see them 6 man though. more importantly though, are they tough enough to stand up to lmgs? armed to the teeth but if they are going to melt to lmg fire like all allied elite infantry, then whats the point?

Jeez, they already have the highest DPS of any unit in the game, with the possible exception of IR StG Obersoldaten (which I can't check because I don't know which file they use).
1 Nov 2014, 08:07 AM

Jeez, they already have the highest DPS of any unit in the game, with the possible exception of IR StG Obersoldaten (which I can't check because I don't know which file they use).

so are shocks. except without the extra man and infantry armor, i dont see them being very useful, sounds like they are going to be a prime target to bleed mp from.
1 Nov 2014, 20:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2014, 15:58 PMLoki

The Lmg and the priest are both doctrinal so it is acceptable that they are dangerous. As the fallshemjager are, as the Panzerfüsilier's are. Anti inftry units with strong anti tank ability's. I want something like this. even if the us army is equal to the okw army, there commanders are not.

Lets instead, work on creating commanders that will be both be appetizing and potentially cannibalistic. I gave some op examples, I would love to hear how you might tone them down. Whilst being realistic and generous with the American army we are trying to improve in this thread.

They're too effective for their costs though. Whenever I go up against a US player, I fear them deploying a Priest because that single unit seems to make me lose games vs the US. I know from experience that the US have plenty of instant-kill units that make playing the OKW feel like hell on Earth, but the important part is realising that these trump cards(Falls, Panzer Fusiliers, priest and etc) are all different from eachother.

Why do you think the OKW or the Wehrmacht don't have an artillery unit like the US, or why the US doesn't have a unit like the Obersoldaten? Asymmetrical balance is at work. If you give the US an Obersoldaten equivalent and still allow them to have the Priest unit, you'll never be able to win as the Germans.
1 Nov 2014, 20:24 PM

Us don't need strong commanders to be buffed, we don't need a red army 2.0
1 Nov 2014, 21:59 PM

still waiting for my jeep//
2 Nov 2014, 01:43 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

They're too effective for their costs though. Whenever I go up against a US player, I fear them deploying a Priest because that single unit seems to make me lose games vs the US. I know from experience that the US have plenty of instant-kill units that make playing the OKW feel like hell on Earth, but the important part is realising that these trump cards(Falls, Panzer Fusiliers, priest and etc) are all different from eachother.

Why do you think the OKW or the Wehrmacht don't have an artillery unit like the US, or why the US doesn't have a unit like the Obersoldaten? Asymmetrical balance is at work. If you give the US an Obersoldaten equivalent and still allow them to have the Priest unit, you'll never be able to win as the Germans.

Stuka ?
2 Nov 2014, 01:46 AM

DEFENSIVE COMMANDER

2 cp Advanced Defences

Rear Echelons can construct reinforced barbed wire and fighting positions, and also lay 5 point mines.

2 cp Riflemen Field Defences

3 cp M1919

5 cp 76 mm AT gun can be called in.

5 cp armor can be put in "hull down" position

2 Nov 2014, 01:46 AM

Commander suggestion :

Breakthrough Exploitation Company :

Assault Engieneers

Riflemen Flares

Time on Target Artillery Barage

Calliope 9 CPs upgreadable on an already existing sherman for 200 munitions and fixing permanently the shot type the one the tank had before the upgrade being finshed

Easy 8
3 Nov 2014, 23:00 PM

DEFENSIVE COMMANDER

2 cp Advanced Defences

Rear Echelons can construct reinforced barbed wire and fighting positions, and also lay 5 point mines.

2 cp Riflemen Field Defences

3 cp M1919

5 cp 76 mm AT gun can be called in.

5 cp armor can be put in "hull down" position

Hot Danm this is cool!

Commander suggestion :

Breakthrough Exploitation Company :

Assault Engieneers

Riflemen Flares

Time on Target Artillery Barage

Calliope 9 CPs upgreadable on an already existing sherman for 200 munitions and fixing permanently the shot type the one the tank had before the upgrade being finshed

Easy 8

And this, but fucka grease gun. Those dudes need Thompsons if not 5 men.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★