Login

russian armor

Riegel mines

24 Oct 2014, 05:53 AM
Senior Editor Badge

So the Ostheer meta has been boring to me, lately. I've been playing with the StC clan a lot recently playing big team games. As a result, I've been trying some weird, under used/non tiger commanders, and the Elefant commander is really beginning to shine brightly, but not because of the Elefant.
But the riegel mine.

This nasty piece of German engineering is a fucking monster when compared to the tellers. I don't know about damage, but hell, this thing will immobilize all the time (or so it seems; I haven't specifically tested this). The best part is, they're only 50 munitions just like the teller mines now, but they will immobilize a vehicle.

I literally spam them. I just played a game where I spammed them so hard I didn't have enough munitions to get LMGs on all 3 of my grens!

They really work wonders, especially against soviets. They will even immobilize heavy tanks, like the ISUs.

I recommend them to anyone who wants to play as Ostheer.... in 1v1 I'm not too sure because Tigers are still beasts, but against Americans, when you're beating back hordes of BAR rifles and you're just hanging in there, a riegel mine right in front of your Pak, you can say "good day" to the now defenseless tank (unless the gun crew hops out and de crews your pak, then repairs the crit, and drives away).

It's just so much better than the teller because it's the same cost and is guaranteed to immobilize. If I'm wrong, someone correct me.
24 Oct 2014, 12:56 PM

Yup, guaranteed to immobilize, very nice mine.
24 Oct 2014, 13:03 PM

Even nicer is that when you do get an Elefant, you can give it spotting scopes, or get a 221 with scopes and see all the things.
24 Oct 2014, 14:01 PM

NEVER used it...but what you say is very encouraging :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 38
unknown 25
Mexico 14
Germany 913

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %