Login

russian armor

Let me clear up some things about Relic and AA

PAGES (7)down
24 Oct 2014, 14:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 03:10 AMNapalm

I would ask the community to support Relic. Consider pre-ordering AA as a sign of that support.

If there's one thing I've learned in my 20 years of gaming (holy shit I'm 30), it's that you never preorder. Wait for that shit to come out. Find out if it's broken or not. Then, if you still want it, buy it.
24 Oct 2014, 14:37 PM
Coder Red Badge

I'm pretty sure he based the decision to buy AA on that he got to play it for 2/5 hours. And also he isn't saying they are immune to criticism because they care about the game, he's talking about non-constructive criticism.

He states that the community should pre-order AA as a sign of support for Relic, and the majority of the post recounts the merits of the development team, with only a tiny snippet about how he played, but can't talk about, the game and enjoyed it. It's a very emotional appeal to the community.

If he had said people should pre-order AA because he played it and thinks it's worth the money, there's nothing wrong with that. But he added that the pre-orders should be done to support the developers, and that's what I disagree with. It dilutes what was otherwise an excellent post with an excellent message.
24 Oct 2014, 14:42 PM

Many interesting points on this topic. Not sure where I stand on this.

I am surprised you preordered AA. You can spend your money however you wish, but you said you haven't played the vanilla singleplayer. I think completing that would be a good way to compare AA and its $40 price tag.

This thread more than anything explains our relation to power. A guy who founded a clan out of pure resentment becomes a advertising machine.

Anyone can give me some background on this statement?
24 Oct 2014, 14:47 PM

Just don't preorder / buy it on steam. Then you can get it for 17 to 20€ D:
24 Oct 2014, 14:53 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 14:42 PMNinjaWJ
Anyone can give me some background on this statement?

Napalm founded the angry bears with the red bear because they were both angry at how broken the game balance was at the time. The mentality was if we have to lose, let's at least lose together.
24 Oct 2014, 14:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 14:53 PMRomeo

Napalm founded the angry bears with the red bear because they were both angry at how broken the game balance was at the time. The mentality was if we have to lose, let's at least lose together.

Ohhh ahhaa. why not just quit :D:D:D:D
24 Oct 2014, 14:56 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Because in spite of the bugs and balance, the game is still the best game in the world.
24 Oct 2014, 15:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 14:56 PMRomeo
Because in spite of the bugs and balance, the game is still the best game in the world.

Are you serious?
24 Oct 2014, 15:07 PM

Nice post for the 1000th one Romeo :)
24 Oct 2014, 15:17 PM
Donator 11

TOP 3 RTS for me, but best game in the world... that must be sarcasm.
24 Oct 2014, 15:17 PM
Patrion 14

+1
24 Oct 2014, 15:18 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 15:17 PMkamk

TOP 3 RTS for me, but best game in the world... that must be sarcasm.

Why would it be? I can't think of any game that I've spent so much time on as on Company of Heroes. Surely there are plenty of people here who can say the same.
24 Oct 2014, 15:27 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 15:18 PMCptEend

Why would it be? I can't think of any game that I've spent so much time on as on Company of Heroes. Surely there are plenty of people here who can say the same.

Oh, so did i, and will continue in future.
I'd still rate other games higher, from completely different genres though.

In the end 2 out of my top 3 RTS are COH 1 & 2, followed by Dawn Of War 1, another Relic game... i guess i like their "touch".
24 Oct 2014, 15:29 PM

COH2 is far from one of the best games out there, but that is opinion hard to debate. However, I do encourage you to keep in mind the way in which the game was released and supported.

I agree entirely with Inverse. I am happy you liked your time Napalm at Relic, but I simply refuse to support them any further. I did not buy COH2 expecting to wait nearly 1.5 years before we could get out of the beta. I participated in the beta to try to iron out the bugs before hand.

Regardless of the people at Relic who are involved, the company sold an incomplete project as a finished polished item and that soured my opinion of them badly.
24 Oct 2014, 15:33 PM

My apologies i am a where of the retarded pricing polices my fellow euro players have to deal with and wasn't directed towards you, Americans on the other hand no sympathy 40 bucks doesn't break the bank. Also napalms surprise visit by no means is a sign of him selling out despite its faults coh2 is a great rts and I don't want to see it fail
24 Oct 2014, 15:37 PM

say what you want, but if AA doesn't give you some extra commanders or something like that, it's totally not worth it, even if campaign is awesome, it's max 6 hours of playing

Hmm

Replay Value?

Achievements?

Replay value seems much higher than the vanilla campaign, and I have played 60 missions in that

I would suggest that most people here however will:

Be multiplayer gamers

Have a higher skill level a beat the AI fairly easily

Therefore:

An SP Campaign isn't appealing

But just because it is not appealing to people here, doesn't mean people won't buy it

There are a lot of things I want to say about this but I cannot in regards to the content and replay value. This community is multiplayer based, there is no doubt about it. AA will have an impact to the multiplayer scene and I fear some members aren't understanding this.

• Some of the new shiney things I experienced in AA should make their way into multiplayer at some time. I did not ask this questions directly but my business senses were tingling. Relic would be absolutely silly/naive not to do so.
  • Some customers will buy AA and make their way into multiplayer. A larger online player base is good for all of us.
24 Oct 2014, 15:41 PM

QFT

I haven't taken any game seriously before except for CS:GO which I was pretty competitive back then.
24 Oct 2014, 15:44 PM

Fool me once, shame on me.
Fool me twice, shame on WFA.
Fool me thrice, I ain't buying shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
24 Oct 2014, 15:46 PM

The guys working on the game day to day are cool people. The upper management is total shit and inept.

This is something important to note. By the time I was doing the office tour upper management was not really around. If I'm invited back at some point I will reach out to them to have a conversation. I spent 5 hours there using up peoples time, over staying my welcome was not high up on my priority.
24 Oct 2014, 15:50 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 15:46 PMNapalm
.... I spent 5 hours there using up peoples time,...

Good to know.
Now we can blame YOU for everything!

I am wondering as well how some business decisions get made. It often seems like the "deciders" are not in touch with the playerbase (/consumers) at all.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS