Login

russian armor

Let me clear up some things about Relic and AA

PAGES (7)down
24 Oct 2014, 10:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 07:24 AMJohnnyB

In a world where everybody thinks 40 EURO is to much, this phrase of yours sounds pretty odd ya know?

I'm not everybody then

24 Oct 2014, 11:25 AM

say what you want, but if AA doesn't give you some extra commanders or something like that, it's totally not worth it, even if campaign is awesome, it's max 6 hours of playing
24 Oct 2014, 11:53 AM

say what you want, but if AA doesn't give you some extra commanders or something like that, it's totally not worth it, even if campaign is awesome, it's max 6 hours of playing

So a campaign that has 18 missions which probably all take about an hour and you can complete in multiple ways is 6 hours?
24 Oct 2014, 11:59 AM
Benefactor 115

The guys working on the game day to day are cool people. The upper management is total shit and inept.
24 Oct 2014, 12:07 PM

Yay, AA is cheaper in Brazil, so I'll buy it.

One question Napalm (dont know if you're allowed to say something about this), but will AA have Co-op missions?

Btw Cynthia if you are reading I'm sorry for the stream trolling, creepy foot fetish was just the first thing that got me a ban so I kept at it <444>3

What the f**k
24 Oct 2014, 12:22 PM

I don't see how people are crying about 40 bucks, if that's to expensive then its time for a new job, that being said I might buy AA as a treat for relic if the patch is to my liking
24 Oct 2014, 12:24 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Hello world :D
24 Oct 2014, 12:31 PM

One question Napalm (dont know if you're allowed to say something about this), but will AA have Co-op missions?

Unfortunately no. The said it in another thread. It is 100% sure:(

I don't see how people are crying about 40 bucks, if that's to expensive then its time for a new job, that being said I might buy AA as a treat for relic if the patch is to my liking

For us in Europe it is 50 US Dollars and for me in Greece it is like a 100. So dont jugde if you dont know(to be polite to you). If it is OK with you then get it but dont come here and try to be smart or whatever.

24 Oct 2014, 12:34 PM

So a campaign that has 18 missions which probably all take about an hour and you can complete in multiple ways is 6 hours?

Based on what was shown in the stream yesterday(AI spammed volk+puma against Paratroopers & bazooka rifles), a typical mission shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to complete.
24 Oct 2014, 12:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 06:15 AMJohnnyB

You can recognize such people by the fact that in more than 90% of their posts are arguing in one side's favor. I think that the most dangerous for balance are those who are constantly defending Allied, because they think that they have the "moral" advantage (if you like Axis side and defend the balance if they are exagerrating you probably are a hidden nazi). These people forget that it's just a game, and, in order to be enjoyable, it needs as much balance as it can get. Easy victories are frustrating both for the winner and the looser.

I don't think "moral" is ever a factor. There are people out there who do favor a side. There are players with Axis bias because they think the Axis were l33t and had all the cool kit. And Allied players who would prefer not to fight under a flag that perhaps at some point flew as an occupier over their own country or had slaughtered their people. But neither of these means that by definition that players opinion is not considered and balanced.

It is absolutely possible for someone to play little of a faction and still understand how that faction works hand have VALID opinions on it and on balance. It takes longer to understand a faction you play against and don't play yourself, but it can certainly be done.

As an aside, I do believe that there are some in Relic who believe in the version of history where the German kit was so much better and where the Germans were ubersoldaten and that they have tried to design a game around that version of history. It is a load of hooey and one day when I have the time to do it I will put together the whole argument against it.
24 Oct 2014, 12:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 07:16 AMNapalm
AA is not an expansion. It is a new game that happens to share a program Short Cut.

Standalone doesn't mean New Game.

Relic didn't invest the money needed to make a new game, but they're trying to charge us as if it is.
Sorry but that is greedy, more than 25€ for AA is too much.

If all of us applied that logic, tomorrow every single DLC would cost 50$ or more.
Is not a question if you can or cannot afford the game, is a matter about fair pricing, and most people thinks that 50$ (in europe) for a expansion is too expensive.
24 Oct 2014, 12:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Hmm

Replay Value?

Achievements?

Replay value seems much higher than the vanilla campaign, and I have played 60 missions in that

I would suggest that most people here however will:

Be multiplayer gamers

Have a higher skill level a beat the AI fairly easily

Therefore:

An SP Campaign isn't appealing

But just because it is not appealing to people here, doesn't mean people won't buy it
24 Oct 2014, 12:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 12:42 PMGreeb

If all of us applied that logic, tomorrow every single DLC would cost 50$ or more.
Is not a question if you can or cannot afford the game, is a matter about fair pricing, and most people thinks that 50$ (in europe) for a expansion is too expensive.

This!!!
+1
24 Oct 2014, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 12:39 PMAvNY

As an aside, I do believe that there are some in Relic who believe in the version of history where the German kit was so much better and where the Germans were ubersoldaten and that they have tried to design a game around that version of history. It is a load of hooey and one day when I have the time to do it I will put together the whole argument against it.

Well this "version of history" is pretty damn (garden :p) widespread since in all video games based on WW2 the german gear and vehicles are superior, more or less. It's so widespread that makes you think it has sonmething true in it, actually. No?
Further, I don't base my opinions related to these things on videogames though, I just highlight this fact for you.

But I don't want to discuss on and on about this topic, let's talk in private if you want untill a mod shuts us up because we derail the tread :).
24 Oct 2014, 13:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 13:06 PMJohnnyB

Well this "version of history" is pretty damn (garden :p) widespread since in all video games based on WW2 the german gear and vehicles are superior, more or less. It's so widespread that makes you think it has sonmething true in it, actually. No?

No
24 Oct 2014, 13:26 PM

This thread more than anything explains our relation to power. A guy who founded a clan out of pure ressentiment becomes a advertising machine.
24 Oct 2014, 13:36 PM

Napalm looks like a true German. :megusta:

24 Oct 2014, 13:46 PM
Coder Red Badge

I visited Relic twice during alpha and beta, met tribalbob and some other designers, toured the offices, did all that fun stuff. It definitely gives you a different and unique perspective on the game and how it's being developed, and it greatly narrowed the focus of my criticism of the game.

That being said, I don't think the fact that the developers care about the game and its community makes the game itself immune to criticism, and I don't think it gives people enough reason to go out and spend their money. If you think the game is worth its price, you should buy it; if you don't, you shouldn't. I don't think appealing to the community in this way is the right thing to do; Relic is a company, not a charity, and while they employ some excellent people, you're purchasing a product, not an abstract idea.

If there's anything people should take away from this topic, it's the fact that there are real people behind this game who really care, and those facts should be factored into your criticism of the game itself if and when that criticism is given. If you have a problem with the game, extending that to a problem with the people behind the game is a silly thing to do, because while you might know the game, you know absolutely nothing about those behind it. This should be common sense, but it's often lost in the sea of anonymity that is the internet.

Asking that a product be judged on the merits of its creators and not on the quality of the product itself is not a smart thing to do, in my opinion.
24 Oct 2014, 13:50 PM

This thread more than anything explains our relation to power. A guy who founded a clan out of pure ressentiment becomes a advertising machine.

Ah c'mon man. True, but a little to harsh, don't ya think?
24 Oct 2014, 14:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 13:46 PMInverse
I visited Relic twice during alpha and beta, met tribalbob and some other designers, toured the offices, did all that fun stuff. It definitely gives you a different and unique perspective on the game and how it's being developed, and it greatly narrowed the focus of my criticism of the game.

That being said, I don't think the fact that the developers care about the game and its community makes the game itself immune to criticism, and I don't think it gives people enough reason to go out and spend their money. If you think the game is worth its price, you should buy it; if you don't, you shouldn't. I don't think appealing to the community in this way is the right thing to do; Relic is a company, not a charity, and while they employ some excellent people, you're purchasing a product, not an abstract idea.

If there's anything people should take away from this topic, it's the fact that there are real people behind this game who really care, and those facts should be factored into your criticism of the game itself if and when that criticism is given. If you have a problem with the game, extending that to a problem with the people behind the game is a silly thing to do, because while you might know the game, you know absolutely nothing about those behind it. This should be common sense, but it's often lost in the sea of anonymity that is the internet.

Asking that a product be judged on the merits of its creators and not on the quality of the product itself is not a smart thing to do, in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure he based the decision to buy AA on that he got to play it for 2/5 hours. And also he isn't saying they are immune to criticism because they care about the game, he's talking about non-constructive criticism.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS