Login

russian armor

Let me clear up some things about Relic and AA

PAGES (7)down
24 Oct 2014, 22:09 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

I had a fun chat with them on Twitter today! I do believe the folks are pretty much alright I just think the Managment is crappy! They offered me to visit them in Vancouver. Although the chances are low I would see this as a good sign :)
24 Oct 2014, 22:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 21:56 PMOhme
Napalam and Relic,
Sitting in a tree.
K-I-S-S-I-N-G.

First comes blood,
then comes courage,

then comes an game
in his steam game basket!

Dang son,

what have you been smokin' :D
24 Oct 2014, 22:17 PM

Permanently Banned
Great u had a good time at relic.

As a college student i simply cannot spend $40 on a single player only expansion.

I wish relic all the luck in the world selling AA...
24 Oct 2014, 22:26 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 14:37 PMInverse

He states that the community should pre-order AA as a sign of support for Relic, and the majority of the post recounts the merits of the development team, with only a tiny snippet about how he played, but can't talk about, the game and enjoyed it. It's a very emotional appeal to the community.

If he had said people should pre-order AA because he played it and thinks it's worth the money, there's nothing wrong with that. But he added that the pre-orders should be done to support the developers, and that's what I disagree with. It dilutes what was otherwise an excellent post with an excellent message.

+1

its probably not intentional but napalm sure does come off as "brainwashed" that said it sounds like hes excited about it which is probably a good sign.
24 Oct 2014, 22:59 PM

Napalm got a t shirt and signed copy of WFA.

Paid Relic Shill Kappa
25 Oct 2014, 00:52 AM

Napalm, i want to thank you for your post. It actualy moved me, gave me some hope and also a better idea of what they have to deal with at Relic. You are a lucky bastard to have spent some time with them ! I will try to be more considerate in my upcoming posts (I'm not always). Cinthia is playing the game ? Great ! I wish my wife did too. Then again, maybe not ... Anyway thank you for your insights.
25 Oct 2014, 00:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 03:10 AMNapalm

I would ask the community to support Relic. Consider pre-ordering AA as a sign of that support.

Price is not a problem for me and I like singleplayer сampaigns. But I have two reasons not to buy AA and support Relic.
Firstly, it is vCoH2 campaign. Campaign was really offensively for most people from former Soviet Union. I was not one of shitstormers, but I was frustrated and now Relic release MERICA-PAK-YEAH-сampaign.
Secondly, it is new multiplayer content starving and bugs. Too few new content, too few maps, too few commanders, too few bug fixes.
25 Oct 2014, 02:00 AM

Suggesting to pre-order games to support a company is probably as anti-consumer as it gets. Wait for reviews and feedback. I can't be the only one who felt burned by the CoH2 CE pre-order months in advance, to arrive at a game that we totally didn't expect/want. Things are better now of course, but I could have just waited the 8-10 months it took for them to fix the game and saved myself quite a bit of money. Its not even about the price, its just that expectations were not met and it was a huge disappointment.

Honestly if you want a better game, you don't give these companies free passes by pre-ordering. Now thats out of the way, your words are promising and I am eager to see what this new expansion actually brings to the table.

Vaz
25 Oct 2014, 02:07 AM

Agree with happy phace, economically it's a stupid thing to do in the current capalist environment Sega/Relic work under. They are to be rewarded for a superior and relevant product. If they are making what people don't want and aren't willing to buy, they are to be punished with low returns. Someone there CHOSE to do single player only. Did the single player players have any real incentive to buy wfa? Maybe for skirmishes, but if they wanted a campaign or even something like TOW, they were shit out of luck and shouldn't buy. Supporting this would send the message that this is more of what we want. If you want multiplayer stuff, just buy the multiplayer stuff to send the right message.
25 Oct 2014, 02:08 AM

Suggesting to pre-order games to support a company is probably as anti-consumer as it gets. Wait for reviews and feedback. I can't be the only one who felt burned by the CoH2 CE pre-order months in advance, to arrive at a game that we totally didn't expect/want. Things are better now of course, but I could have just waited the 8-10 months it took for them to fix the game and saved myself quite a bit of money. Its not even about the price, its just that expectations were not met and it was a huge disappointment.

Honestly if you want a better game, you don't give these companies free passes by pre-ordering. Now thats out of the way, your words are promising and I am eager to see what this new expansion actually brings to the table.

cant agree any more
raw
25 Oct 2014, 05:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 06:15 AMJohnnyB
Well the fact that they actually read these forums concerns me a little bit. Sure, it's verry good for showing that they care and stuff. But the quality of posting it's low, the quantity of bias here is strong and can carry you away.

They are grown up men and women and professional at the job we pay them for. Right?

I wouldn't worry.
25 Oct 2014, 06:38 AM
Donator 11

Ipkai you can't claim Relics upper management is complete assholes without explaining why. This is unconstructive criticism and doesn't help anyone.
25 Oct 2014, 10:35 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2014, 06:38 AMspajn
Ipkai you can't claim Relics upper management is complete assholes

I didnt

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2014, 06:38 AMspajn
without explaining why. This is unconstructive criticism and doesn't help anyone.

They set the communication policy of not saying anything till a feature is out or only communicating to the player base when it's a damage control situation.

Take war spoils for example, on day one they could have explained why duplicate items dropped and explained how the system worked but instead they took over a month to explain the situation and let everyone guess what it was about with no information.

They are in charge of the social media policies, the most annoying aspect of it is giving grass roots events very little to no exposure on their social media channels. The TFN tournament where Fatal put up $1000 of his own money got one post on their facebook page during the entire event and that post was made when the event was over. I find that fucking disgusting.

The integration procedure they have at the studio is terrible, every patch will have a list of ninja changes and unintended changes the length of a football field as well introducing old bugs or completely new ones that never even surfaced during alpha testing. Maxims freezing on retreat being a good example of that.

They decide to have their dev team work on about twenty features at once and a lot of them coming out in a half assed state and won't get improved until more dev time is devoted to them in the future.

I've said this to them in private and they chose not to respond to the issues I and many other people highlighted.
25 Oct 2014, 11:54 AM

I don't know if this is under NDA although it most likely is. Does anyone know of any new units that are coming with the Ardenness Offensive? I know that we have Rangers, but for the time being that's all I know.

Did anyone else spot some units hidden away in a screenshot/video somewhere?
25 Oct 2014, 12:06 PM
Patrion 14

^ Even if their are, Relic have said all new content in AA is for the single player game. As others have said, in my opinion quite rightly, lets get the WFA units settled, balanced and integrated into the wider CoH2 ecosystem first.
25 Oct 2014, 12:11 PM

Comrade napalm , your devotion to relic is highly suspiciuos..

You should think about your actions tovarisch.
25 Oct 2014, 12:34 PM

@Napalm,

thank you for taking the time to share your impressions. It's appreciated.
25 Oct 2014, 13:02 PM

I thought I was supporting the game by playing it.
25 Oct 2014, 13:10 PM

I've been with relic since the first of DoW series. I worship them as a game developer, and when THQ got shutdown I was only worried about relic and their RTS titles. I know my way around 3D and game developing to some extent, and I have the feeling that they enjoy what they do and they love the games they make, and are not in the industry just for the money (not like many other developers). Because it is not possible to create something like this without passion. Keep it up guys.
25 Oct 2014, 13:15 PM

I pre-ordered Rome 2 Total War and got burned BAD by that game. Since then, there are very few companies I will pre-order from and Relic isn't one of them. Plus, as has already been stated a lot, $40 for a single player only campaign that doesn't really do much of anything new(according to the little we have seen on the game)just doesn't do it for me. Maybe when it is $10-20, but $40 is at least 2 times too much.

Given how many bugs persisted in multiplayer for years and how forgettable and un-replay-able the soviet single player was for COH2, I feel little to no enticement for this product even after a price cut to $20. I am sure Relic has good people working for it and I give my verbal support that they keep supporting the game, but they haven't garnered enough trust with me (and a large portion of the community, IMO) to offer a $40 single player expansion.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 23
Russian Federation 46
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %