Login

russian armor

What the garden is this chat moderation bullpudding?

25 Oct 2014, 20:51 PM

Wow I feel sorry for you that you have to live in a place where violence and threat of violence is everyday things. Equally I don't know about any QB. I don't watch NFL. Nothing against the sport, it is just not in my culture to pay attention to that sport. I do hope this incident was regarded as something horrible and something to work against rather than something we have to accept because of sports.

Yes I fully understand I might be in a minority about how E-sports should devolope and that cursing/bad mouthing is a part of it as it stands today. Im just saying I don't fancy it nor that it should be condoned. If Im in a minority or not doesn't bother me.If my own oppinion are wrong, that isn't impossible, I will change my opponion. But as I see it, not cursing at eachother is a step in the right direction.

Yes I understand people aren't trying to be mean or anything, but as I've said before, Irony doesn't do well in text. I still don't see how I make logical errors, sure I might make assumptions without any data to back it up, or base my assumptions on things I personally have experienced, something that is anecdotal. But I don't see how I'm illogical.

That would be me, atleast I think. All I'm saying is that alot of people whats e-sports to be a part of reuglar sports, but they do not put the effort in into making it a sport, because of the lack of sportsmanship.

I do know what happens in real sport, I participate in them. :D Now sure T&R doesnt include tackling your opponent but the things you cite seems to be nitpicking extrordinare. The examples you give is what regular sports use to show exactly how NOT to act. Or does the racing community think that was an ok thing to do? When the golf community makes a big deal out of somebody behaving badly, should we then use this as an excuse to behave equally poor?
Or try to be better than that?

And a final question: Why do you feel the need to refer to me as "kid"? Is this some kind of effort of yours push the sematics that I am not old enough to understand the workings of mankind? I assure you, that you are correct I do not know all there is to know about the human experience at the tender age of 24.

Sorry about calling you kid man. We're actually the same age. Its just typically when somebody our age is willing to type a wall of text -- having been in college forces them to cite sources out of habit. So seeing you post so much of your opinion was a bit off putting and made me think you were a bit younger than you actually are.
26 Oct 2014, 16:53 PM

Company of Heroes 1 had the option to Enable/Disable Language Filters, it should be the same with Company of Heroes 2. Adding a mute function would also be nice as well.
26 Oct 2014, 22:01 PM

If you actually gave a shit about verbal abuse you'd be working with at risk children not playing a stupid fucking video game. The real problem here is affluent white children playing video games feeling their entitled some sense of political correctness.

This is an ... odd position to take. So complaining about online harassment/abuse is an "affluent white children" thing? You're aware that online harassment disproportionately targets the EXACT SAME people who are disproportionately targeted for abuse in real life? Women, gay people, trans people, people who aren't white, etc.

It's easy to say, "whatever, it's a game, just ignore it!" but for lots of people it ISN'T just in the fucking game, it's in all fucking time kind of thing. I don't know why you're insisting that we need to go out of our way to protect this precious, oh-so-valuable environment.

That said, you are, in general, completely correct. The chat filter is a nice gesture but it doesn't achieve anything because you can easily harass people without swearing, just like how you can swear without harassing people...

27 Oct 2014, 01:59 AM

There really isn't a logical argument for forcing this filter on people. Make it an option (which can be on by default when the game is first installed) - everyone shouldn't have to pay because a few people are sensitive to written text. I'm generally against taking away the freedom to choose from people.

Seriously, this mandatory chat filter is pretty ridiculous. We're playing a WWII game full with constant death and swearing for a start.

We all have huge e-weiners and I'm going to make damn sure you smell my huge stinky one.

:lol:

EDIT: I'm surprised some people actually consider in-game shit talking to constitute some form of post-traumatic stress. I thought this game was for adults? Build a bridge and get over it. It's written text from someone probably halfway across the world. If words over the internet impact you so much then you will never be happy and I don't know how you get on in the world. And people stop making this into some political 'anti-discrimination' thing. People are assholes regardless of background. No I'm not being 'insensitive' I'm being realistic.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 44
Germany 777
unknown 20
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L