Login

russian armor

What the garden is this chat moderation bullpudding?

24 Oct 2014, 23:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 13:34 PMRomeo
I totally understand people wanting to opt in to this, but what I don't understand is how people can downplay some of the verbal abuse in this community as if it's no big deal. Like seriously have you seen some of this stuff?
Dude you're acting like these people are waking you up in the middle of the night with their hollering calling you and your mother worthless freeloading pieces of shit. Its CoD speak brah, and the internet. Your acting like their words are actually offending you is a 1st world problem. If you actually gave a shit about verbal abuse you'd be working with at risk children not playing a stupid fucking video game. The real problem here is affluent white children playing video games feeling their entitled some sense of political correctness.

Now Ive read my post 4 times already. Where am I illogical? Am I missing a comma or added one too many?

Im saying E-sports will never be accepted until such times that the Gamer community grows up. I know what to expect of the interwebs, I live and work here. When you see something you don't like do you shrug and say "Hey thats life" and grin and bear it or should you try to change it?

I guess its either a sense of entitlement or unrealistic expectation that I was trying to point out in your last post that you seem oblivious to. You are correct, if there is something wrong or something that could be done better -- IN MY OPINION -- you should change it, do it better. That however, is not a universal feeling. In the sense of the internet, I feel that it is perfect as it is. I would go as far as to say that the people who agree with me -- that the rage, hatespeak, and trash talking are a part of video games -- vastly outnumber people like you. People like you being people who want either sportsmanship or a more "friendly" community.

Now we're getting into semantics as to whether the majority make something correct but I think that's bullshit. The simple fact is you should be able to say whatever you want so long as you aren't actually threatening somebody. I mean I can say I'm going to fuck your mom until she explodes but my ability to actually find her and do that are slim to none, so there's nothing really to worry about.
24 Oct 2014, 23:32 PM

If you get mad and start cussing during a competition you loose. Plain and simple. Any drop in focus and that's it. IF you get mad you start to tense up and that is it, you can't catch that puck, strike that drive, clear the bar. you see it all the time in youth competitions.

Friendly banter is trying to get the guy you are competing against to loose his cool while you keep yours, cussing is horrible for this (and also while avoiding any technical fouls.). Don't know why but cursing at someone gets you mad, often madder than the other guy.

Athletes train hard not to get mad but to live in the second and just shrug it off. When you see someone rage you don't see them competing anymore for a while. They need to cool off and refocus.

The myth that "regular" sportsmen are just as bad as gamers is a nothing but a myth used to excuse the horrible behaviour of gamers.

On a lighter note athletes and gamers have more or less the same diets. Though athlets, atleast in the world of T&R do drink more than gamers.
There's some much conjecture and opinion in your post.

Listen. The fact is there are more recorded videos of professional athletes behaving "badly" -- talking shit. Than behaving well. We're excluding their broadcasted games, because I know I'm not the same guy in front of my boss that I am at home. Some guys are the same, some guys aren't. But the fact is a majority aren't because of policy or whatever, and we have youtube to confirm what I said is a fact. Now before you say "duh of course they get recorded doing bad things than good things." I would agree, however how are you going to prove your point? There's no empirical proof. There is however for my argument.

Also, being calm cool and level headed is only how some people compete. One of my friends Robert was the most raging angry mother fucker you've ever met on a basketball floor until he got off. Sound like somebody? Kobe Bryant? The fact is this kid got scouted for the NBA. I used both a personal and professional anecdote. And we both know your point here is moot because it is an opinion. Some people play while their hot, some people play while their cold. Might as well have not even said anything here jbourne.

Friendly banter is not as you define it. Friendly banter, I'm willing to bet by 90% of the populace is never trying to offend anyone... ever, because its friendly -- asshole. If you can't see the lack of logic in your arguments I'm just going to stop replying. At least say "my definition of friendly banter." How old are you?

Also, who said gamers were the worst "trash talkers?" God damnit kid I'm going to make you start citing your sources. Do you ANYTHING about sports, ANYTHING? Do you know what happens in real sports? Nikki Lauda talked shit to Michael Schumacher. Wanna know what happened next? Michael Schumacher fucks Nikki Lauda's wife. You ever hear about something like that in E-Sports? What about the stuff that happens off the field like the Broncos QB getting shot in a drive by because the last team he played against he talked shit to a blood on the other team. Kid your head is so far up your own ass. There's no REAL threat of violence or struggle or qualm in E-Sports. Its just words.

I'm from a place where words cause real violence. Like say the wrong thing and you might get shot. While you might not get shot in sports you're a hell of a lot more likely to get cracked in the face, have your wife cuckolded, and overall have your life affecting in some very negative way. You wanna know why kid, competition. Here you're acting like me saying I'm going to fuck your mother is going to end the world. Give me a fucking break.
25 Oct 2014, 00:27 AM

Wow I feel sorry for you that you have to live in a place where violence and threat of violence is everyday things. Equally I don't know about any QB. I don't watch NFL. Nothing against the sport, it is just not in my culture to pay attention to that sport. I do hope this incident was regarded as something horrible and something to work against rather than something we have to accept because of sports.

Yes I fully understand I might be in a minority about how E-sports should devolope and that cursing/bad mouthing is a part of it as it stands today. Im just saying I don't fancy it nor that it should be condoned. If Im in a minority or not doesn't bother me.If my own oppinion are wrong, that isn't impossible, I will change my opponion. But as I see it, not cursing at eachother is a step in the right direction.

Yes I understand people aren't trying to be mean or anything, but as I've said before, Irony doesn't do well in text. I still don't see how I make logical errors, sure I might make assumptions without any data to back it up, or base my assumptions on things I personally have experienced, something that is anecdotal. But I don't see how I'm illogical.

Also, who said gamers were the worst "trash talkers?" .

That would be me, atleast I think. All I'm saying is that alot of people whats e-sports to be a part of reuglar sports, but they do not put the effort in into making it a sport, because of the lack of sportsmanship.

I do know what happens in real sport, I participate in them. :D Now sure T&R doesnt include tackling your opponent but the things you cite seems to be nitpicking extrordinare. The examples you give is what regular sports use to show exactly how NOT to act. Or does the racing community think that was an ok thing to do? When the golf community makes a big deal out of somebody behaving badly, should we then use this as an excuse to behave equally poor?
Or try to be better than that?

And a final question: Why do you feel the need to refer to me as "kid"? Is this some kind of effort of yours push the sematics that I am not old enough to understand the workings of mankind? I assure you, that you are correct I do not know all there is to know about the human experience at the tender age of 24.

25 Oct 2014, 01:31 AM

That would be me, atleast I think. All I'm saying is that alot of people whats e-sports to be a part of reuglar sports, but they do not put the effort in into making it a sport, because of the lack of sportsmanship.

Wrong, its the lack of athleticism.:lolol:
25 Oct 2014, 03:21 AM

Censorship for nubs:

War Thunder Edition:
fuck/fucked = privilege/privileged
shit = floral
gulag = country park
noob = Ace

CoH2 Edition:
fuck = garden
shit = pudding

Cmon folks, what's the rest of CoH2's most-glorious system?

EDIT: Added WT bonus...
Whinewaffe/Whinerwaffe = typical Axis fanboy brigade
Freedumbs = typical 'Murica won the war uneducated types/licensed and registered professional Grumman fanboys (this would be myself)
Royal Whineforce = typical British fanboy brigade
'Noble benefactors'/Soviet Bias! = typical Soviet fanboy brigade
25 Oct 2014, 03:47 AM
Honorary Member Badge

my personal favorite is steam forum censors "Nazi" with flowerpowerjunkie
25 Oct 2014, 04:06 AM

Its CoD speak brah, and the internet. Your acting like their words are actually offending you is a 1st world problem.

Okay so you say acting offended is a first world problem. But before, you said:

Talking shit is a staple of video games. Is anybody else outraged that you can't say fuck or anything like that in the beta without virtual nanny saying "please be nice?"

I mean dude, you're the one outraged (like seriously you used the word 'outraged') about not being able to use a couple curse words in a videogame. Maybe you need to re-evaluate all these words you've typed on this topic when you consider the implications of that: You're actually mad because of not being able to say curse words in a video game.

25 Oct 2014, 04:24 AM

Rackham, if you live in such a dangerous place where people are so violent, move to a place worth living in. Don't be outraged because some people want to rise above that kind of thing.
25 Oct 2014, 04:51 AM
Coder Red Badge

Alright, this thread has gotten sufficiently ridiculous.

Is anyone willing to argue that these censorship features should be imposed on everyone instead of letting players opt into/ out of them? If so, I'd love to hear why you think that way.
25 Oct 2014, 05:56 AM

I like feature! No need to turn it off. Don't behave like kids. This is just a way to rear you guys. Growing up is a painful process, u got to life with it.
25 Oct 2014, 06:18 AM

Should be an opt feature, not forced on to everyone. I'm weird but I enjoy some of the trash talk people throw at me, always makes me laugh
25 Oct 2014, 06:45 AM
Donator 33

I agree with the sentiment that it won't actually improve the chat in any way. People who wish to be unpleasant don't need to rely on swear words.

More useful would be a mute function. It's always off by default, but you can mute a player for the rest of the match with one click. They should be notified that somebody has muted them. Possibly a huge number of mutes in one day could automatically escalate to prompt someone to look into it.
25 Oct 2014, 07:57 AM

I love it when someone rages when I own them. It makes the victory that much sweeter.
25 Oct 2014, 08:29 AM
Patrion 14

The group with the biggest tendency to be racist and loutish are, in my experience, Russians. Is it racist to point that out?
25 Oct 2014, 09:07 AM

Just a dumb question from me - If you're observing a game and write something in the chat, are the other observers able to view it?
25 Oct 2014, 14:18 PM

The group with the biggest tendency to be racist and loutish are, in my experience, Russians. Is it racist to point that out?

No they are caucasian (most of them at least).
25 Oct 2014, 16:01 PM

Wrong, its the lack of athleticism.:lolol:

WTF did I write? :D Hahha sorry everyone, I should refrain from drinking too much and going on the forums.

But to get back to topic. In public games, standard should be that the filter is on, with a choice to opt-out. Private games should have no filter.
25 Oct 2014, 18:13 PM

I don't really care. Seems to me like people who feel like venting during the game get even more enraged when their curses are censored. Mute button would be nice I guess.
25 Oct 2014, 18:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Just a dumb question from me - If you're observing a game and write something in the chat, are the other observers able to view it?

nope the players cant' see it. though i believe there is a way to chat with the other obsers.
25 Oct 2014, 18:58 PM

Permanently Banned
bm 4 lyfe
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment