Login

russian armor

Relic COH2 MM face ...

• This thread is locked
23 Oct 2014, 22:59 PM

Hi,

As some of you may know I wrote some really bad posts regarding the match maker last days.

Then I dig the internet, a little, and have found a person /I assume/ responsible for COH2 match maker.

Is this true this guy has film business education ?? :)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/pqumsieh

Nothing personal I just followed this post on official COH2 forum.

"Peter Qumsieh killed the game because he likes how the game is ATM, even if 90% players don't, it's ok for him. "

23 Oct 2014, 23:03 PM
Donator 11

peter qumsieh is the balance guy and may have something to do with match maker.

I suggest you chill and try the beta
23 Oct 2014, 23:07 PM

Beta is almost dead - just few players only, but it has better game play filling for sure.

But as there are no players and all have the same "rank" it's useless for testing mm.

As I wrote, just wanted to confirm, nothing personal.

23 Oct 2014, 23:13 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 23:07 PMQmaPL
Beta is almost dead - just few players only, but it has better game play filling for sure.

But as there are no players and all have the same "rank" it's useless for testing mm.

As I wrote, just wanted to confirm, nothing personal.

Not many were on tonight but I believe Relic were also streaming Ardennes Assualt so maybe some people were watching
23 Oct 2014, 23:16 PM
Donator 11

Qma, really? Why all that hate? Peter is, as it was said, responsible for the ballance, and that is what the quotation you made applies to (by some people ofc). The matchmaker is mostly ok as you cannot do much here, elo system is much older than the game itself. The problem is that there is not enough players for it to work properly and you can blame sega pricing for it or the fact that the game is much more difficult than 95 percent of modern games.
23 Oct 2014, 23:18 PM
Patrion 14

LOL
okay, this thread is locked.

First of all, without Peter Qumsieh, the state of the game would be far worse, trust me. Secundo, "
"Peter Qumsieh killed the game because he likes how the game is ATM, even if 90% players don't, it's ok for him. "
is pure bullshit.
thrid, where is the respect brah, for real?
24 Oct 2014, 07:42 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 22:59 PMQmaPL
Hi,

As some of you may know I wrote some really bad posts regarding the match maker last days.

Then I dig the internet, a little, and have found a person /I assume/ responsible for COH2 match maker.

Is this true this guy has film business education ?? :)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/pqumsieh

Nothing personal I just followed this post on official COH2 forum.

Let me answer you.

Peter Qumsieh is a Relic developer who generally focuses his attention on balance/design for COH2. He is not, in any way, responsible for the matchmaking system of COH2.

He studied many things outside videogame design (which he studied, despite what's written on Linkedin). He is definitely not considered "the one who killed the game" and whoever said so was very unrespectful towards him since he brought many improvements to the game (like the weapon profiles redesign being the most noticeable).

We have a very strong moderation towards people that offend Relic Entertainment here because we respect them besides the choices they make on the game.

That said, your post, the way it's written, sounds a lot like you are looking for someone to consider responsible for the matchmaking system and you are directly and indirectly questioning his value as developer just because he attended a film business school (where, just FYI, he studied Videogames Design).

You can realize by yourself the reason this thread got locked and will stay locked, because the sense of your thread is very very ambiguous and it makes a Relic developer appear:

a) Like the cause of a problem
b) Like an incompetent developer due to his past preparation

Hence, thread locked. :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %