Login

russian armor

Vet up OKW with Ostheer Elite Troops

23 Oct 2014, 20:15 PM

I was jsut fooling around with AI hard battles and i noticed that you can use Ostheer Elite Troops Doctrine to vet up OKW forces this is amazing as you can vet up a KT or JT or a stuka not sure if this is intended
23 Oct 2014, 20:39 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

Sure, you can vet KT, JT, Stuka, but it costs a fortune in fuel to do so, and they have to sit in base while you do it.
23 Oct 2014, 20:40 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

yep been that way since wfa launch. I don't think relic has made an official statement on it. I'm honestly surprised we don't see it happening more often because like you said it's pretty insane.
23 Oct 2014, 21:12 PM
Honorary Member Badge

It can be done, OKW units are usually quite expensive so it costs a lot to vet them

OKW is already an "all your eggs in one basket" faction, so putting more MP and fuel into already high fuel high MP vehicles is pretty risky

This also means that the OKH guy is putting most if not all of his fuel into VET, so that means he is often working T1-T2 and relying on his Tiger Ace as the only armour
23 Oct 2014, 21:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 20:39 PMOhme
Sure, you can vet KT, JT, Stuka, but it costs a fortune in fuel to do so, and they have to sit in base while you do it.

it does cost a lot for KT or JT but im sure there must me some unit in OKW that benifits more without costing a lot. say like raketen.
23 Oct 2014, 23:57 PM

It's real handy for open maps, rank up a kubel to 3 stars :D
24 Oct 2014, 02:19 AM

Luftwaffe Supply is the better support for OKW, dat 16 minute King Tiger.
24 Oct 2014, 21:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

The cost of the ability is quite prohibitive. In my experience, you are better off getting a tank of your own than wasting a bunch of resources vetting up an OKW unit. Mortars are tried and true for vetting, but front line units are generally less optimal.

Don't forget that your enemy will earn veterancy faster as a result of you vetting units (Veterancy gains go up when fighting vetted units).
25 Oct 2014, 08:54 AM

It locks the Ostheer player in a doctrine that has no OFFMAPS. In the current B4 Meta this is really important, because you wont have Stuka dive bomber to take them out. So if you pick Elite doctrine and they pick B4, your pretty much fucked XD thats why we dont see it often.
25 Oct 2014, 15:31 PM

on rare occasion i use it with an okw mate and have him put his mech truck in the base so that when he's repairing his tanks i can hit them with vet. that said, it's 25 fuel every time. it costs an extra 75 fuel to get a panther to vet 2. i like to use it on my tanks so i can have blitz from the time they roll out of my base. tagging an extra 25-whatever fuel on a unit makes it absolutely TERRIBLE when you lose said unit. it does make those tanks that get extra armor at vet 2 a lot tougher, but at a pretty high cost. if you build tons of fuel caches it can be useful, but in most circumstance, not so much.
25 Oct 2014, 15:52 PM

its a huge resource sink but ive seen once a panther commander veted to 5 in a 2v2 with it
anyways if you want to try some other cool combos try luft supply doctrine :D your okw buddy will love you
26 Oct 2014, 10:57 AM

I have tried this on Rakettenwerfer and Obersodalet, both were useful, if you have enough fuel.
27 Oct 2014, 04:03 AM

i have used it to vet stuka,its vet fast and be very useful ...decrease recharge and better range
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 25
unknown 3
unknown 6
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %