Login

russian armor

I.R. Halftrack - Uses, tips etc

23 Oct 2014, 19:24 PM

So I had a look but couldn't find much in the way of info on this interesting unit.

I would like to get some feedback from different players about how you all use it and if you think it's worthwhile or how to get the most out of it.

I used it for the first time in a long while the other day with the LeIg and it actually seemed to be quite useful. I was on Faymondville approach and I was able to use the LeIg to bombard units performing repairs, capping points or setting up garrisons while thinking they were safely in the Fog of War.

It was also just generally handy to know where units were moving around the map so I could move to intercept them before reaching my cut-off or sending squads to go de-cap where they weren't.
23 Oct 2014, 19:29 PM

Well... you use it when you have no spotting scopes or you badly need to know where the flanks coming from or where you have to set up an ambush for incoming oponent tanks
24 Oct 2014, 04:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 19:24 PMMadeMan
So I had a look but couldn't find much in the way of info on this interesting unit.

I would like to get some feedback from different players about how you all use it and if you think it's worthwhile or how to get the most out of it.

I used it for the first time in a long while the other day with the LeIg and it actually seemed to be quite useful. I was on Faymondville approach and I was able to use the LeIg to bombard units performing repairs, capping points or setting up garrisons while thinking they were safely in the Fog of War.

It was also just generally handy to know where units were moving around the map so I could move to intercept them before reaching my cut-off or sending squads to go de-cap where they weren't.

I hate the fact that the enemy will know you have IR HT as it highlights the units for enemy as well had it been incognito it would have been great but as of now the opp will be aware of its presence and they will avoid or mislead you knowing that you have got one.
24 Oct 2014, 16:03 PM

^They show up for the enemy too? Odd, it's so rarely used that I can't recall ever having played against an OKW user who had one.

Even so, there's probably not too much they can do about it, considering they still need to be able to cap etc. It does mean you'd have to be more aggressive with the IR HT which is a pain and makes it vulnerable.
24 Oct 2014, 16:10 PM

It works well with Jagdtiger. It's really good on certain maps like Ettelbrück too.
24 Oct 2014, 17:18 PM

I sometimes get one when I'm playing a low-tech, med-truck only, game and using JP4s for AT duties rather than going for a Panther. They work really well with JP4s because the JP4s are not that fast so having the position of enemy tanks in advance gives you more time to get your JP4s to the right place.

25 Oct 2014, 10:00 AM

It works well with Jagdtiger. It's really good on certain maps like Ettelbrück too.

This. You can spot the enemy ISU and push it from a certain point so your infantry won't get obliterated while attacking this point / area of the map, as they would have to spot the ISU for your JT.
26 Oct 2014, 11:01 AM

In 1v1s it's a waste of fuel IMO. But in team games (specially 3v3+) it's very useful if one of the players brings one in.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★