Login

russian armor

Beta performance

Does the game and beta run fine for you?
Option Distribution Votes
67%
33%
Total votes: 54
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
23 Oct 2014, 09:33 AM

We know that coh 2 when it comes to performance its really on the downlow. I can play BF4 Ultra with a constant 60FPS, here Im having problems with 60FPS on the lowest of the low but the Perf in the beta has even worsen. I dont know about you guys, but I generally dont need fancy graphics in coh 2 but really smooth gameplay so I can execute my plans perfectly. Maybe coh 2 can consider Mantle for its AMD users or optimize the game another way? Since optimization and Balance are both very important factors.
23 Oct 2014, 14:55 PM

Permanently Banned
Specs?

beta runs better for me
23 Oct 2014, 14:59 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

have you tried boosting your settings? Supposedly the game actually runs faster on medium-high settings than lowest for some people for whatever reason. The beta feels smoother than live to me.
23 Oct 2014, 14:59 PM

I have a beast of a PC which can run every game on +60 FPS, this Beta is horrible for me. (Ok that's a bit over the top, but it doesn't run smooth, less smooth than COH2)
23 Oct 2014, 15:18 PM

I have no issue with it. In fact, it runs better on beta.
23 Oct 2014, 15:55 PM

No beta doesnt run better.
Why dont you just test it? I get 66 avg fps with coh2 and 57 fps with the beta. This is a huge setback as every patch relic makes makes the performance worse. I can take it but earlier I was on a comp who could not take it so I know the feeling. In a othervise good patch this is just sad.

The good thing is that we now, with the beta, actually can witness how each patch makes the game worse.
23 Oct 2014, 16:24 PM

Permanently Banned
Why dont you just test it? I get 66 avg fps with coh2 and 57 fps with the beta. This is a huge setback as every patch relic makes makes the performance worse. I can take it but earlier I was on a comp who could not take it so I know the feeling. In a othervise good patch this is just sad.

The good thing is that we now, with the beta, actually can witness how each patch makes the game worse.

Ur performance is within margin of error.
23 Oct 2014, 16:31 PM

Ur performance is within margin of error.

So it does run better?
23 Oct 2014, 16:33 PM

Haven't played the beta but the game in general needs optimization for sure!
23 Oct 2014, 16:39 PM

You know performance varies with hardware and drivers, right? Or do you think your experience is the only true experience?

Beta performance is about the same for me as the regular game.
23 Oct 2014, 16:51 PM

It's definitively slower in 4vs4, i say 5-10% slower.
23 Oct 2014, 18:32 PM

I don't think the Beta imported your graphics settings from the live version, make sure they're the same before you draw performance conclusions.
23 Oct 2014, 18:53 PM

I don't think the Beta imported your graphics settings from the live version, make sure they're the same before you draw performance conclusions.

I can confirm that the beta DOES NOT import the graphics settings.
rly
23 Oct 2014, 20:50 PM

I'm playing from Sweden and actually experience much worse input delay in the multiplayer beta than before. Single player is good. Does anyone have an idea why this might be? Almost unplayable now.

Like if I play from a more remote server now or something.
23 Oct 2014, 21:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 20:50 PMrly
I'm playing from Sweden and actually experience much worse input delay in the multiplayer beta than before. Single player is good. Does anyone have an idea why this might be? Almost unplayable now.

Like if I play from a more remote server now or something.

Did you try to play another match and rule out any internet issues on your end? Input delay certainly is less in the beta.
rly
23 Oct 2014, 21:26 PM

Did you try to play another match and rule out any internet issues on your end? Input delay certainly is less in the beta.

Played several games for two days, but I cannot totally rule out that there is another reason I guess. I will tro play the non-beta again tomorrow. Do you play from Europe?
24 Oct 2014, 03:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 21:26 PMrly

Played several games for two days, but I cannot totally rule out that there is another reason I guess. I will tro play the non-beta again tomorrow. Do you play from Europe?

From Finland, so practically the same area - although I saw a Relic dev replying to your issue in another thread so hopefully you'll get it sorted :)
24 Oct 2014, 05:37 AM

For me, beta version has a lot better performance than live. I hope this really carries over to the live version. Beta feels so smooth, pretty.

That being said, Coh2 was never optimized to begin with. The game barely uses the hardware its running on compared to other games.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★