Login

russian armor

Company of Heroes 2 - Not for SEA players ?

23 Oct 2014, 08:47 AM

Greeting other Asian players in here.

- I live in Vietnam, the same country ( and even the same city ) as SturmTigerGiap.

- For sometimes when Relic start to use their sever in America, I found it very hard to play this game as Asian living in SEA area. Why? Because our connection to America always stay around 240ms, that's mean we got 2.5s delay input into this game so we are always at a disadvantage I guess?

- I'm just wondering if you guys got the same problem as me? If yes, can you list your ping and delay input?

Oh yeah I start to play this game again because I heard there new patch coming but with this constantly delay input, I think I will seriously delete this game. Guess the only thing we play as RTS game is Starcraft 2 lol
23 Oct 2014, 08:56 AM

240ms is 0.24sec, but add the input delay thats still in the LIVE version and youre above playable. i advice you to try the beta or wait for the patch. things might improve for you by about 30-40% (since your current delay should be around 420ms [ping+input delay])
23 Oct 2014, 09:03 AM

I'm not sure it really matters. Apart from the fact that the coming patch will reduce the delay significantly, the rest of us run into the same issues when using matchmaking. I know that I get matched with Russians frequently despite living in Australia.
23 Oct 2014, 09:36 AM

Ohhh, that explains it.

I will wait for the patch then, really really hate it when they took 2 seconds to understand my command.
23 Oct 2014, 09:46 AM

I am in Singapore. The last time there was a noticeable lag was in September when the typhoon severed the underwater cable. The lag was 2 seconds or more. Otherwise I have never experienced any sustained latency in game even when matched with a player in Europe (halfway across the world). Perhaps you need a faster service provider in Vietnam. Good luck!
23 Oct 2014, 10:02 AM

I'm in Malaysia and my lag is only about 0.7s. I don't know how to check the ping but I used a stopwatch to measure the delay. It's definitely not so bad. The best we could do is wait for EU / Asia servers in the future.
23 Oct 2014, 11:27 AM

But I have to say 0.7s is IMO really bad, sorry...
0,7s is a ping of 700 which is in EVERY OTHER game a factor that makes it absolutely impossible to play.
23 Oct 2014, 11:54 AM

But I have to say 0.7s is IMO really bad, sorry...
0,7s is a ping of 700 which is in EVERY OTHER game a factor that makes it absolutely impossible to play.
I've beaten BreakingBrad and ItzDusty in a 2v2 with that input lag. Not so bad I say.
23 Oct 2014, 11:56 AM

AFAIK, there are ongoing maintenance problems between SEA and the US, due to a broken cable on the sea floor:

http://thenextweb.com/asia/2014/09/17/internet-speeds-across-southeast-asia-crash-yet-another-undersea-cable-breaks/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia-America_Gateway

You can't blame relic for this one. The problems still persist.
23 Oct 2014, 12:00 PM

AFAIK, there are ongoing maintenance problems between SEA and the US, due to a broken cable on the sea floor:

http://thenextweb.com/asia/2014/09/17/internet-speeds-across-southeast-asia-crash-yet-another-undersea-cable-breaks/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia-America_Gateway

You can't blame relic for this one. The problems still persist.
Yup but my ISP claims it would be done by October 6th, which is 17-18 days ago.
23 Oct 2014, 12:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 12:00 PMsteel
Yup but my ISP claims it would be done by October 6th, which is 17-18 days ago.

I know, all the sources say Oct 6th, but it's clearly not the case. They've found 2 breaks so far, who's to say there aren't more? You'll have to keep on to your ISP.
23 Oct 2014, 12:12 PM

I know, all the sources say Oct 6th, but it's clearly not the case. They've found 2 breaks so far, who's to say there aren't more? You'll have to keep on to your ISP.
Oh yes, I just remembered. My ISP likes to tell lies about this kind of things. So in the end I'll have to wait until they actually announce it's fixed. :(
23 Oct 2014, 12:29 PM

anyone knows the ip of the battle server ? would be nice to be able to ping it
and
23 Oct 2014, 13:01 PM

Before the beta patch my command latency was 17/30 frames (=560ms) (measured with FRAPS). In the beta patch, my command latency is only 8/30 frames (270ms)! The difference is incredible and makes the game playable.

My ping to the battle server is 250ms (can't remember the IP, did this test long ago). I'm in Europe. Anyway, what matters is your actual command latency in-game and not your ping.
23 Oct 2014, 13:04 PM

Same here. I'm living in same city with Kyle in Vietnam and i always got huge input delay. 240-300ms latency but felt like 1s delay:(
23 Oct 2014, 13:17 PM
Coder Red Badge

240ms is 0.24sec, but add the input delay thats still in the LIVE version and youre above playable. i advice you to try the beta or wait for the patch. things might improve for you by about 30-40% (since your current delay should be around 420ms [ping+input delay])

240ms latency in an RTS isn't playable, honestly. I personally can't really play at anything above 150ms if I'm trying to be competitive. 240ms is just insanely slow, you can't react to anything.

This is one of the issues with the new battle server setup. Consistent latency, but potentially far higher latency depending on how far away you are from the server cluster you're connecting to. All you can really hope is that Relic adds more servers worldwide, but given how small CoH2's multiplayer base is right now that might be wishful thinking.
23 Oct 2014, 13:18 PM

This is my case too. I remember vCOH old server the ping is very manageable but with COH2 the ping really hurt controlling.
23 Oct 2014, 13:22 PM
Coder Red Badge

The reason it was better in vCoH is because it was pure P2P, so when you played someone you connected right to their machine. If they were sitting beside you, that meant you'd have practically zero latency; if they were on the opposite side of the world, your latency would be insane. In CoH2 you send and receive all of your commands through the battle servers, which means your latency depends on your distance to the servers, no longer your distance to your opponent. It's amazing if you're close to the servers, but awful if you're not.
and
23 Oct 2014, 13:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 13:17 PMInverse

240ms latency in an RTS isn't playable, honestly. I personally can't really play at anything above 150ms if I'm trying to be competitive. 240ms is just insanely slow, you can't react to anything.

This is one of the issues with the new battle server setup. Consistent latency, but potentially far higher latency depending on how far away you are from the server cluster you're connecting to. All you can really hope is that Relic adds more servers worldwide, but given how small CoH2's multiplayer base is right now that might be wishful thinking.

Actually, I tested out command latency in StarCraft 2 and I found no difference in my command latency between the american servers and european servers (around 250ms). So there seems to be a base latency that is independent of your ping.

With the upcoming CoH2 beta it seems like the command latency will be comparable to SC2 no matter if you are in the US or EU, I'm quite happy with that.
23 Oct 2014, 14:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 13:17 PMInverse

Actually, Inverse is right. As a Vietnamese player, I ( and Giap ) always at a disadvantage because our delay would always be so high...

In the old COH, even it was P2P but there wasn't much lag compare to COH2 when they using the new " sever system "

To be honest, I'm gonna wait until the patch come out, see if they can lower the game input delay a bit ( I know that they can't do anything about the distance or put a sever in SEA cause this game got a really low player base ) and test it out.

If I got lucky, maybe I will still stick around here to complain about the balance or performance issue for a while. If not then goodbye 130$ game, I will just keep focusing on CS:GO -_-

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★