Login

russian armor

The 105 Howitzer's counter-attack suggestions

23 Oct 2014, 03:01 AM

The Stationary Howitzers beta change is good.

Perhaps the howitzers can be usefull again. Perhaps...

The 105 howitzer's counter ability should be a counter to allies stationary artillery and mobilizable artillery.

Suggestions: Ostheer 105 Howitzer and panzerwerfer's counter-attack ability no longer automatically barrage Motars, Zis3 and 105mm bulldozer, maybe they should only counter Katyusha, priest and stationary howitzers. And please make the counter more accurate, compared to soviet 152 howitzer's precision barrage. I have used 105's counter ability to counter a priest , it had 6 shots but no one shot hit the priest. The priest just didn't move any more...

23 Oct 2014, 05:22 AM

I Would also add it would be nice if you could still barrage normally while in counterattack mode. Presently you sort of forgoe normal barrages if nothing in range barrages
23 Oct 2014, 05:57 AM

Actually if you use german howitzer in live patch on infantry it will miss rapidly while soviet howitzers ussually direct hits every time. Lefh has something wrong with target profiles. It rapidly hits katushas + any other vehicles at max range while ignores infantry. Relic should take a close look at it.
23 Oct 2014, 06:32 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 05:57 AMVIPUKS
Actually if you use german howitzer in live patch on infantry it will miss rapidly while soviet howitzers ussually direct hits every time. Lefh has something wrong with target profiles. It rapidly hits katushas + any other vehicles at max range while ignores infantry. Relic should take a close look at it.

Hmm... I got 30 kills in my last 2v2 with the lefh on Road to Kharkov. I actually prefer to shoot at vehicles for the first couple of barrages because doing lots of damage to the single vehicle grants a lot of experience for veterancy.
23 Oct 2014, 09:58 AM

Hmm... I got 30 kills in my last 2v2 with the lefh on Road to Kharkov. I actually prefer to shoot at vehicles for the first couple of barrages because doing lots of damage to the single vehicle grants a lot of experience for veterancy.

I have used them for really long time. Ussualy with my 2 howtizers I managed to get about 20 kills if I'm lucky (ussualy base bombing) while soviet 1 howtizer get twice more kills than that.
23 Oct 2014, 11:17 AM

to be usefull ability, it should counter all kind of artillery such as mortars, bulldozer sherman... And it should be a bit more accurate than standard barrage. And maybe a bit furhter firing range than standard barrage. Mortars using this ability arent usefull since targets should be in firing range. But when u activate this ability, you have no option to move it forward to get enemy into range.
23 Oct 2014, 11:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 11:17 AMErguvan
to be usefull ability, it should counter all kind of artillery such as [...] bulldozer sherman...

Not really sure about that :unsure:
25 Oct 2014, 07:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 11:17 AMErguvan
to be usefull ability, it should counter all kind of artillery such as mortars, bulldozer sherman... And it should be a bit more accurate than standard barrage. And maybe a bit furhter firing range than standard barrage. Mortars using this ability arent usefull since targets should be in firing range. But when u activate this ability, you have no option to move it forward to get enemy into range.

Counter motar is a waste of this counter ablity...It is a Howitzer. Let motar's counter ability counters the enemy motar. Let howitzers counter the real thing they really need to counter.

It seems that 105 Howitzer will counter all of the projectile shots even from SU76. Already this ability is not that usefull because you just cant control it. Now it is a waste of cooldown time to counter motars and SU76...

I found that Katyusha and Priest became more and more. The German army really need some unit to counter these 2 long range mobilizable artilleries. So RELIC pls change the counter ability to make it more usefull. And pls make the counter more accurate, it is so unaccurate now. Shooting out 6 shots, no one shot hit the priest or Katyusha which just dont move any more... It is a joke about this ability.
25 Oct 2014, 07:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2014, 07:30 AMatouba

Countering motar is a waste of this counter ablity...It is a Howitzer. Let motar's counter ability counters the enemy motar. Let howitzers counter the real thing they really need to counter.

It seems that 105 Howitzer will counter all of the projectile shots even from SU76. Already this ability is not that usefull because you just cant control it. Now it is a waste of cooldown time to counter motars and SU76...

I found that Katyusha and Priest became more and more. The German army really need some unit to counter these 2 long range mobilizable artilleries. So RELIC pls change the counter ability to make it more usefull. And pls make the counter more accurate, it is so unaccurate now. Shooting out 6 shots, no one shot hit the priest or Katyusha which just dont move any more... It is a joke about this ability.
26 Oct 2014, 10:17 AM

Not really sure about that :unsure:

It is better to shot at bulldozer or mortars than waiting a firing artillery to shot at... That's why I like the way it is. I cant find enough MP to counter mortars with a mortar and howis with a howi. I prefer to use "all in one" solution.

And also I dont wait this ability to destroy a target whenever it is used (if the changes that I told are done). Imo it is enough to make the enemy feel "it is needed to micro my unit to dodge counter fire". Forcing him to make more micro on his units is a good way to tire the player.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS