Login

russian armor

Units clumping up even MOAR!

23 Oct 2014, 20:32 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 20:10 PMRomeo
It doesn't matter where the explosion is in relation to the cover.

Really? Well, color me suprised. I still probably won't wait around for the nade to blow though :}
24 Oct 2014, 10:34 AM

This change makes cover more powerful but at the same time it makes grenades more powerful.
24 Oct 2014, 12:42 PM

Squad-wipes gonna be so frequent, arty and mines will be very powerful. :(
25 Oct 2014, 16:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 20:10 PMRomeo
It doesn't matter where the explosion is in relation to the cover.

I thought the whole point over cover in COH is that it is directional?
25 Oct 2014, 16:32 PM

I thought the whole point over cover in COH is that it is directional?

For projectiles.
25 Oct 2014, 20:24 PM
Senior Caster Badge

I haven't play the beta a ton but I think I prefer it this way. As others have pointed out, this is a cost you pay for being able to get people into cover without worrying about them wandering out, and although this does up the micro requirement, I think it's a good sort of additional micro rather than stupid busywork (like microing towards fires in a blizzard).
25 Oct 2014, 20:32 PM

I don't have the Greyhound commander, but I think because of the clumped up squads in the Beta has to do something with this: Canister shot wiped out 3/5 squads. Don't know if that's usual or not. I'm guessing the beta changes gave a little buff to the canister shot ability, or maybe I was just lucky.
26 Oct 2014, 04:39 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Greyhound canister shot wiping capabilities, is the only thing good on that thing.
26 Oct 2014, 05:32 AM

Yeah units clump a lot more with this system, however it is for the best. I get to angry seeing my green cover squads be suppressed by poorly placed HMG, especially in the early game where such an event results in your cut-off being disconnected.

Mortars, artillery and any other in-direct fire units as a result have received a siginificant buff in their ability to cause squad wipes. However, for mortars and artillery I believe the current cover system is fine because they have a long set-up time, long cooldown time on barrages and the fact you can easily put pressure on these units.

The only unit that is incredibly lethal now for indirect fire units is the USF M8A1. That M8A1 is squad wiping like crazy when squads are in cover, is highly mobile and quite tricky to actually kill on some maps. I think the M8A1 may have to receive a decrease in its autoattack fire rate in order to compensate for the cover changes.
26 Oct 2014, 05:38 AM

So far I'm loving the cover changes and infantry responsiveness. I'm enjoying it so much, I'm actually having trouble loading the standard game to play with friends as they haven't installed the beta yet.
26 Oct 2014, 06:09 AM

So i noticed it while playing the beta.

Units do use cover very nicely, they however do it at the sacrifice of their own "safety"...

They simply clump even more than they did before. I smell countless squad wipes and rage posts.

Yes, big time. When hiding behind cover, my conscripts got squad wiped on more than one occasion by mortars.

No clue about grenades being more deadly because of this new cover system tweak, but mortars? Definitely. I foresee a lot more mortar and artillery use because of it.
26 Oct 2014, 09:25 AM

I think the funny note to make here is we wanted our units to get the fuck into cover, but now that they do we want them to get the fuck out because of nades, etc.

Relic is basically "WTF do these gamers want?"
26 Oct 2014, 11:08 AM

I think the funny note to make here is we wanted our units to get the fuck into cover, but now that they do we want them to get the fuck out because of nades, etc.

Pretty much.
26 Oct 2014, 11:56 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

But now the input delay is reduced ini the beta so I prefer how it is in the beta where your units stay in cover while you can still dodge grenades
26 Oct 2014, 12:45 PM

In my opinion its a great improvement. Nades are easier to dodge because of the better response time. At the same time if you land a good nade and the oppenent is not paying attention it deff can wipe squads.

So it requires more skill in the end. #ESPORTS
27 Oct 2014, 02:30 AM

support teams also got pretty much hit hard with this as well, ive noticed a single grenade will often wipe the entire crew. i can see the 120mm getting squad wipes a lot more consistently as well, and the stuka is just gonna tear through weapon teams even better.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★