Login

russian armor

Open Beta first impressions

PAGES (8)down
24 Oct 2014, 14:00 PM

I find that cover works much better than it has ever done in the series. Even small objects that provide green cover, like trucks, can easily protect an entire squad now, and none of them go off trying to pick flowers or something. Infantry combat has already improved fairly dramatically because of this, and I can now beat rifles with grenadiers with some consistency if I use cover well. Me likes.
24 Oct 2014, 17:00 PM
Benefactor 341

I feel as if the Relic staff member who wrote this specific line, did so in a casual manner. A 25% accuracy modifier is a HUGE buffer, especially at zero veterancy. No wonder all of the "more-experienced" Soviet players have been spamming those things. I've probably lost several games as of recently, solely due to losing numerous squads and armor due to this error. I am glad to see that they fixed this and am happier to see that Relic is keeping true to their promise of providing (semi-regular) patches to improve the overall user-experience of COH2.
24 Oct 2014, 17:10 PM

"received accuracy" means they take more damage, not deal more damage. ;)
24 Oct 2014, 17:33 PM

I feel as if the Relic staff member who wrote this specific line, did so in a casual manner. A 25% accuracy modifier is a HUGE buffer, especially at zero veterancy. No wonder all of the "more-experienced" Soviet players have been spamming those things. I've probably lost several games as of recently, solely due to losing numerous squads and armor due to this error. I am glad to see that they fixed this and am happier to see that Relic is keeping true to their promise of providing (semi-regular) patches to improve the overall user-experience of COH2.

I believe +25% received accuracy meant that they took 25 percent MORE damage. This was a mistake that existed for like a month and a half before they fixed it
24 Oct 2014, 17:43 PM
Patrion 310

Well the ISU ist lost for the game now. Is there no other solution to fix the *gamebreak* problem? I had the fealing this was the one heavy with a chance to stemm the heavy tank flood.

I think the gameflow isn now great with beta. The units react swiftly. :thumbsup:
24 Oct 2014, 17:57 PM

...beta feels great, might be my new gpu but i think that's not the major part.

Unit responsiveness is so much better, keep it going relic!
24 Oct 2014, 18:39 PM

Agreed, the unit response times and behavior are much better now. Cover change is awesome too.
24 Oct 2014, 19:24 PM

what is input delay reduce?? i didnt get it what input what delay?
24 Oct 2014, 19:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 19:24 PMViento
what is input delay reduce?? i didnt get it what input what delay?

Menas that if u clicked your unit to move to a location, it would take a little bit of time before the command "processed". It was only for a very small amount of delay but it is annoying and could be costly, especially for grenade dodge for example
24 Oct 2014, 19:45 PM
Benefactor 341

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 17:33 PMNinjaWJ

I believe +25% received accuracy meant that they took 25 percent MORE damage. This was a mistake that existed for like a month and a half before they fixed it

Now that you mention it, I do remember reading a thread somewhere along the line that said that accuracy buffs directly modify the overall DPS output of units, which would make your statement correct. I'm glad they fixed the mistake, but it's kind of disappointing that they would let something like this happen and go unsolved for a month. >_<
24 Oct 2014, 19:48 PM

Likin' the faster response times on the Open Beta, but, uh, performance wise, the beta takes a bit more of my computer power. #Sadface #ToasterNoLike
24 Oct 2014, 20:30 PM

Now that you mention it, I do remember reading a thread somewhere along the line that said that accuracy buffs directly modify the overall DPS output of units, which would make your statement correct. I'm glad they fixed the mistake, but it's kind of disappointing that they would let something like this happen and go unsolved for a month. >_<

Yes it was the only AT gun that had this awful bug. Crews dropped a lot faster because of this

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 19:48 PMVonIvan
Likin' the faster response times on the Open Beta, but, uh, performance wise, the beta takes a bit more of my computer power. #Sadface #ToasterNoLike

Yes it ran a lot slower for me as well

24 Oct 2014, 22:25 PM

Permanently Banned

PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight