russian armor

Open Beta first impressions

PAGES (8)down
22 Oct 2014, 08:28 AM

i think usa still good in 1v1 the problem lies in 2v2, 3v3, 4v4
22 Oct 2014, 09:27 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

The beta seems to perform much worse for me, long black screen between loading and starting the game. alt tabbing no longer is instantly but a painful resolution switch fest. Plus the freezes seem to occur more often. I play at the same settings

But bars are now nice, riflemen can now do something mid/late game. the captain is able to hit the kubel with bazookas and the high price for the 50cal is finally justified with proper controls and retreat. jagdtiger funny enough seems to occasionaly snipe infantry now but he might've always done that. Never used it much.

havent tried OKW and the vanilla factions are locked afaik. Really wanted to test the new strafes
22 Oct 2014, 09:39 AM
22 Oct 2014, 09:47 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

The beta seems to perform much worse for me, long black screen between loading and starting the game. alt tabbing no longer is instantly but a painful resolution switch fest. Plus the freezes seem to occur more often. I play at the same settings

Were you using modified launch options before?
22 Oct 2014, 09:57 AM

isnt BAR supposed to be like DP28 with a flat dps profile and ability to fire on the move.
22 Oct 2014, 10:04 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Were you using modified launch options before?

Ye I use -forceaudio and -nomovies but that shouldn't matter during games should it

maybe it was my pc with a random program interfering, I only played ~1 hour after all
22 Oct 2014, 10:06 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Ye I use -forceaudio and -nomovies but that shouldn't matter during games should it

I wouldn't think those would. I thought you might be using the ones for running the game in windowed fullscreen.
For the record, I am also getting noticeably worse performance.
22 Oct 2014, 10:09 AM

"We heard you hate blobbing, so we brought the BAR blobs back" :snfPeter:

22 Oct 2014, 10:25 AM
Donator 11

I didn't notice much if any improvement to responsiveness of units, its still a quarter of a second delay on command to action. The minimap on observer mode is way too small. Anyone with a understanding of competative RTS knows you stare just as much on the minimap as the main screen to have an understanding on whats happening on the battlefield at any given moment which is something thats critical to observering. No idea why its so small even on max size that you barely can see any units.
22 Oct 2014, 10:27 AM
Patrion 14

My units were definitely way more responsive, I love it <444>3 Apart from that not much I can say, just played one game. But the responsiveness is just beautiful <444>3
22 Oct 2014, 11:35 AM

So, not sure why nobody asks but :

How can i get into public open beta?

Thanks
22 Oct 2014, 11:36 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Open Steam, you should see Company of Heroes 2 - Beta in your library if you have at least one between Company of Heroes 2 and Company of Heroes 2: The Western Front Armies
22 Oct 2014, 11:37 AM

So, not sure why nobody asks but :

How can i get into public open beta?

Thanks

I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread but, you just open your steam library and find Company of Heroes 2 Beta (or similar).

Should be there.
22 Oct 2014, 11:37 AM

"We heard you hate blobbing, so we brought the BAR blobs back" :snfPeter:

every OKW Obers spammer blobs too...who cares ?
22 Oct 2014, 11:49 AM

Ok, after playing some matches, I must say ISU/Jagdtiger were hit really, really bad with the nerf stick.
I don't have a problem with manually targeting units, but they don't hit anything reliably now, since they can't target units directly.

It's like they removed the ability to shoot. All the can do now is attack ground. That doesn't work against anybody with proper micro since you can simply move your units all the time and avoid being hit at all.

I would've found it much better if they can't auto shoot, but rather you need to click for every shot.

They are working like sturmtigers now.
Hitting tanks with sturmtigers is impossible against good opponents, since units that are moving are not tracked.

I rather fear is possible to take out ISU with a single puma out now or a jagdtiger with a single wolverine.
22 Oct 2014, 12:00 PM

Lots of positives, i'm looking forward to it :)

Saying that, i'm a wee bit worried about Ost early game vs USF on some maps, which is a wider map balance issue I guess. Same goes for USF on Langre vs OKW, where i'd still worry for USF in the very early game.

Aside from that, the core design of OKW is still the same, so little has changed for them, which is a shame and needs to be addressed, although that may take a whole patch I imagine latter down the line.

Tank call in system still the same and Soviet T4 requires some love.

Finally, is the Ostruppen buff an error or am I missing something on why they needed that? :/

Overall though, these are very early first impressions and i'm quite enthusiastic :)

22 Oct 2014, 12:03 PM

I agree. I think the ISU and JT were over nerfed tho.

I agree, but I don't mind them being overnerfed. The game is much better without these tanks.
22 Oct 2014, 12:15 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 12:03 PMGreeb

I agree, but I don't mind them being overnerfed. The game is much better without these tanks.

Totally agree, i'm really happy about these changes. I just hope Relic doesn't undo them.
22 Oct 2014, 12:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 12:03 PMGreeb

Agreed.

I wonder if we see triumphant return of elephant because of that or if ost players will still have a hard-on for tigers.
22 Oct 2014, 12:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 12:17 PMKatitof

Agreed.

I wonder if we see triumphant return of elephant because of that or if ost players will still have a hard-on for tigers.

Why return? Elephat is useful unit all the time. All you need is good support.
If ISU can hardly hit anything right now it leaves SU without long range AT. Prepare for IS2 in every game crushed by Elephant.
I dont get these changes. I mean Jadgtiger should be albe to auto-fire but not through obstacles.
Same with ISU, just reduce AoE. Make it more like Brummbar rather than making it useless.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS