Login

russian armor

Open Beta Changelog

PAGES (14)down
22 Oct 2014, 23:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 13:32 PMJohnnyB

Never used it again since it received that range nerf.

Hence it didn't get nerfed

Jadg and ISU got nerfed because people believed them to be wicked op

Elephants on the other hand were considered extinct

All in all I am now taking a hard look at Ostwind spam into Elephants
22 Oct 2014, 23:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 14:17 PMBurts
Also, if the jagtiger and isu-152 stay the same, i predict the isu-152 will still be quite often used.

You can still fairly easily predict infantry movement and oneshot capping squads from afar.
And given the heavy nature of alot of axis tanks, it will still be able to hit the occasional heavy.
And the AT wall will prevent any heavier tank short of maybe the panther of flanking it.

The JT, given the mobily of allied tanks and completely innefective againts infantry, will be forgotten.

Think about it guys, something does indeed need to change.

Well until they do something about the maps, "mobility" is largely irrelevant.

The ISU cannot shoot through walls and the Jagd can, are you leaving out this "small" detail on purpose?
22 Oct 2014, 23:48 PM

These changes look really, really nice. One small thing I'd like to commend Relic for is improving the readability of their patch notes. They did a fantastic job actually explaining what each change does. Before, I was oftentimes confused about whether a value changing meant it became more or less accurate, for example. Now it's clearer!
23 Oct 2014, 02:47 AM

Good patch and good work except some old stories.

1.The WC51 car back to CP 0, maybe it's fine, but do you know what time Ostheer can get out a 222? 45 fuel(T2 tech) + 15 fuel(T2 building) + 15 fuel(222 unit cost) = 75 fuel. Ostheer needs 75 fuel and extra 55 munitions to make a usefull 222. Relic you nerfed pak40 and said that "it opens up the use of light vehicles" ?

lol....You just don't know how the 222 will be countered by allies at 5-6 min of games. The usless Ostheer T2 can not become usefull because of the tech cost and the timing. The pak 40 is the only usefull unit they can build now! And Ostheer is the only faction who have no early light viehcles. The other factions have WC51, kubal and M3A1.

2.The Stationary Howitzers change is good. I have not tested the beta so I don't know if the 50KG stuka bomb can destroy the B-4 like before. Obviously, the B-4 is better than soviet 152 and ostheer 105 Howitzers.

Suggestion: ostheer 105 Howitzer and panzerwerfer's counter-attack ability no longer automatically barrage Motars, Zis3 and 105mm bulldozer, maybe they should only counter Katyusha, priest and stationary howitzers. And please make the counter more accurate, compared to soviet 152 howitzer's precision barrage.

The german needs something to counter the mobilizable artilley units like Katyusha and priest. Because Katyusha and priest's range is too long to counter. OKW have nothing to do on large maps. Ostheer have panzerwerfer but its range is short, and the 105 Howitzer's counter is so unaccurate.
23 Oct 2014, 03:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 15:10 PMspajn
I really hope they do something about Company of Callins in the next patch. Keep up the good work Relic!

I don't understand why they just don't revert back to how it was in the early beta where you still had to build the actual tech buildings to get your commander specific tanks. I think this would alleviate a lot of the call-in issues.
23 Oct 2014, 04:49 AM

I like the changes to the ISU-152 and JT but perhaps relic should have taken it further? I could see both units performing like a Sturmtiger-light with a longer cooldown on their shots (~20-25 seconds) but in return greater firepower.
23 Oct 2014, 06:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2014, 14:17 PMBurts
Also, if the jagtiger and isu-152 stay the same, i predict the isu-152 will still be quite often used.

You can still fairly easily predict infantry movement and oneshot capping squads from afar.
And given the heavy nature of alot of axis tanks, it will still be able to hit the occasional heavy.
And the AT wall will prevent any heavier tank short of maybe the panther of flanking it.

The JT, given the mobily of allied tanks and completely innefective againts infantry, will be forgotten.

Think about it guys, something does indeed need to change.

Hmmmm.... you're damn' right! More than this, engaging from max distance is different for ISU and for JagdTiger.
If we think at JagdTiger engaging from max distance an allied tank, this one can quickly disappear in FOW. Not really the case of an infantry squad that is capping, for instance. If not one-shoted by ISU, they will throw themselves to the ground, then they will try to run. just enough time maybe for ISU to fire again. I think under the new circumstances, ISU got the advantage.
23 Oct 2014, 06:22 AM

Price never justifies performance

Edit: Im sure there will be more to it later.

Oh, really? So what are you telling me it's that (not reffering to this case necessarely) for a pile of mp and fuel I should get something verry questionable? If so, then thank you, I will chose a cheaper unit that actually can be used even if it hasn't this "performance". It would be much more "echonomical wise".
23 Oct 2014, 07:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 06:22 AMJohnnyB

Oh, really? So what are you telling me it's that (not reffering to this case necessarely) for a pile of mp and fuel I should get something verry questionable? If so, then thank you, I will chose a cheaper unit that actually can be used even if it hasn't this "performance". It would be much more "echonomical wise".

I think you shouldn't bother, they are too busy blobbing double BARs right now and rushing WC51, and are happy that OKW is slightly nerfed. Nobody cares about Wehr, which is now in dire trouble against early WC51. But you know, hey, German players have to shut up. I stopped posting in this forum a while back, when i saw allies crybabies reigning supreme. Not that anyone cares, though. The patch seems good otherwise, quite a few interesting ideas and features. It's just bad that Wehrmacht is impacted by Oberkommando (much needed, i can agree with this) nerfs.
23 Oct 2014, 07:13 AM

WC51 is really no different from an M3 now and can't have a flamer in the back until CP3....
23 Oct 2014, 07:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 07:10 AMSlaYoU

I think you shouldn't bother, they are too busy blobbing double BARs right now and rushing WC51, and are happy that OKW is slightly nerfed. Nobody cares about Wehr, which is now in dire trouble against early WC51. But you know, hey, German players have to shut up. I stopped posting in this forum a while back, when i saw allies crybabies reigning supreme. Not that anyone cares, though. The patch seems good otherwise, quite a few interesting ideas and features. It's just bad that Wehrmacht is impacted by Oberkommando (much needed, i can agree with this) nerfs.

Did it feel good to get that out of your chest?

I care about Wehr, but you don't seem to care that Gren LMG's are a bit.. crazy in this current build? Without counting the beta patch.

Also how is Wehr in trouble with WC51? They have fausts from the beginning (also MG). As said above, it's not a different situation from M3.
23 Oct 2014, 07:25 AM
Patrion 14

WC51 is really no different from an M3 now and can't have a flamer in the back until CP3....

I do not know exact stats of the two units but if what you are saying is correct, wc51 should come out a little later. Remember when m3 could come out at like 1 min mark? Then it was considered too strong and got higher fuel cost so it comes out later.

If same is the case for the new wc51, it should get a recharge timer when the game begins, like the elite riflemen, and not moved to 1cp
23 Oct 2014, 07:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 07:17 AMFlamee

I care about Wehr, but you don't seem to care that Gren LMG's are a bit.. crazy in this current build? Without counting the beta patch.

Also how is Wehr in trouble with WC51? They have fausts from the beginning (also MG). As said above, it's not a different situation from M3.

Well I honestly don't understand why people are so scared by lmg grenadiers. The base squad, the grenadiers, are so easilly killable. Yes, they have abilities, they can fight infantry, light vehicles and faust tanks but why are they so scarry? Lmg or not lmg equipped they are quite fragile and will disappear in a second if not carefully baby-sitted. Not the case of cons and rifles! Even if you are a bit careless you will still remain with 1 or 2 goofies in the squad that you can say "oh shit!" and quickly retreat when you finally see they are in trouble. Same thing with the volksgrenadiers. But poor grenadiers, they are the big loosers among main infantry squads.
23 Oct 2014, 07:52 AM

Ok, so, having messed around a bit, I think I can confidently say that the manual fire actually improves the ISU's performance significantly. The ability to choose where and when to place your shells allows for far more consistent squad wipes. Plus, I now know precisely when I have another shot ready to go, which is a huge advantage in tank battles.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 07:38 AMJohnnyB

Well I honestly don't understand why people are so scared by lmg grenadiers. The base squad, the grenadiers, are so easilly killable. Yes, they have abilities, they can fight infantry, light vehicles and faust tanks but why are they so scarry? Lmg or not lmg equipped they are quite fragile and will disappear in a second if not carefully baby-sitted. Not the case of cons and rifles! Even if you are a bit careless you will still remain with 1 or 2 goofies in the squad that you can say "oh shit!" and quickly retreat when you finally see they are in trouble. Same thing with the volksgrenadiers. But poor grenadiers, they are the big loosers among main infantry squads.

Probably because they get the LMG upgrade relatively early and then absolutely shit out damage which causes squad wipes on the allied side if they stop paying attention for a moment. They really aren't that weak either - at least against other infantry (and, to be honest, with the way inf behaves in cover now, they really aren't that much weaker vs AoE either).
23 Oct 2014, 08:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 07:52 AMCrysack

Probably because they get the LMG upgrade relatively early and then absolutely shit out damage which causes squad wipes on the allied side if they stop paying attention for a moment. They really aren't that weak either - at least against other infantry (and, to be honest, with the way inf behaves in cover now, they really aren't that much weaker vs AoE either).

It's true I didn't test them in Beta yet, I only tested USF and OKW. This new green cover system may reduce a little of their handicap, maybe.
23 Oct 2014, 09:00 AM

Well, for JT and ISU. I think that a simple lockdown would be a very decent "fix".
Let's say a JT, he will have little smaller range AND cant shoot trough buildings until u lock the unit in place, and to "unlock" it again to get it moving it will need like 5-6 seconds, and while unlocking it can't shoot or rotate. While locked it act's normal like before. For ISU lets say that if u don't lock the unit in place then u need to press reload after every shot and it cant move while reloading, or it reloads a lot slower. With lock it is "normal" and to unlock it u need 5-6 seconds... And that would be a decent start for adjusting this two unit... So guys what u really think about this?
23 Oct 2014, 09:04 AM
23 Oct 2014, 09:29 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 02:47 AMatouba
Good patch and good work except some old stories.

1.The WC51 car back to CP 0, maybe it's fine, but do you know what time Ostheer can get out a 222? 45 fuel(T2 tech) + 15 fuel(T2 building) + 15 fuel(222 unit cost) = 75 fuel. Ostheer needs 75 fuel and extra 55 munitions to make a usefull 222. Relic you nerfed pak40 and said that "it opens up the use of light vehicles" ?

OMG, it's not like OKH main infantry have Panzerfausts is it?

lol....You just don't know how the 222 will be countered by allies at 5-6 min of games. The usless Ostheer T2 can not become usefull because of the tech cost and the timing. The pak 40 is the only usefull unit they can build now! And Ostheer is the only faction who have no early light viehcles. The other factions have WC51, kubal and M3A1.

Panzergrenadiers?

222?

251?

All far from useless.

23 Oct 2014, 09:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 07:17 AMFlamee

Because it ads additional strength to usf to an already very painful early game in the usf vs ost matchup. usf starts stronger then the soviets and have access to the very powerful m20 and quad. combine this extremely expensive tech of the ost and you are are going to once again see massive issues.

Basically the only way ost can survive early game is the use of mg42 and snipers then along comes the dodge and fucks that plan up.
23 Oct 2014, 09:38 AM

OMG, it's not like OKH main infantry have Panzerfausts is it?

Last time i checked the okw have volks with shreks pupchen and much easier access to puma's and flacktracks then the ost has to 222.
PAGES (14)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS