Login

russian armor

Ardennes Assault Questions

21 Oct 2014, 19:14 PM

Hi, I just have a couple Q's about Ardennes Assault:

1: If you buy it without owning COH2 or COH2:WF, do you get access to any multiplayer features?

2: How many maps are in single player? It said 7 scenarios I think, but there is about 12 pieces of the map to fight over so I would've thought 12.

3: How many maps are in multiplayer? How many of these 7 or 12 can be played in multiplayer?

Please don't reply with the price or if you're getting it or not, I just want some info about it.
Thanks
21 Oct 2014, 19:20 PM

1) Its a standalone single player campaign, you'll get no multiplayer.
21 Oct 2014, 19:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2014, 19:20 PMKatitof
1) Its a standalone single player campaign, you'll get no multiplayer.

Thanks, I thought as much.

The other Q's still stand :)
21 Oct 2014, 19:34 PM

Hi, I just have a couple Q's about Ardennes Assault:

1: If you buy it without owning COH2 or COH2:WF, do you get access to any multiplayer features?

NO

2: How many maps are in single player? It said 7 scenarios I think, but there is about 12 pieces of the map to fight over so I would've thought 12.

i think they said that there are 18 missions, so probably 18maps

If you want to know more try watching Quinn Duffys reveal of AA in London at EGX i think that is where he said there are 18 missions.

3: How many maps are in multiplayer? How many of these 7 or 12 can be played in multiplayer?

there are already two maps added to multiplayer but i think relic will add more so my guess will be about 5 maps for multiplayer, which will be added to automatch map pool for free

In this thread is a lot of info on AA

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/113546-ardennes-assault-the-master-thread

and here you can watch some relic old streams including AA presentation and AA campaign gameplay

http://www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment/profile/past_broadcasts

Hope it helps!
21 Oct 2014, 19:40 PM

im on my phone atm but I belive there 18? Dont quote me though. There a few forums here on coh 2.org with interview s on aa(about 3-5), apparently there alot of side missions as welladding more gameplay and replayatability, and if you pree oder you get an extra command companey (not sure if you can only have 3 a play through or if it will let You use 4) I suggest you look from some of the links sorry I cant be much for help
21 Oct 2014, 19:52 PM

I think 18 has been thrown around because there are 18 scenarios. On the steam page for it, it says:
18 ALL NEW SCENARIOS
Engage in a dynamic campaign across the Ardennes landscape consisting of 11 missions and 7 engagements inspired by the events of the Battle of the Bulge. The campaign progresses with dynamic bonus objectives that change on different playthroughs, giving more replay options than ever before.

11 missions and 7 engagements leads me to believe there are 7 maps.
However, the map itself is made up of 16 regions so perhaps 16. I've been scowering through the past livestreams looking for solid info but there is none.

I've also reached out to relic for a review copy so I can inform people about their purchase.
21 Oct 2014, 20:00 PM
Donator 11

I'm very surprised that it would lack any multiplayer. One might have thought that players would be given access to the U.s army to draw some of them into the game and buying other components
21 Oct 2014, 20:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2014, 20:00 PMArray
I'm very surprised that it would lack any multiplayer. One might have thought that players would be given access to the U.s army to draw some of them into the game and buying other components

Would've certainly helped buff the allies search amount.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★