Login

russian armor

Luftwaffe Supply Doctrine in 1v1

20 Oct 2014, 17:43 PM

Im curious as to who uses this Doctrine in 1v1?
I have recently been trying out this Doctrine myself and am having some success with it. Mostly vs USF. I would like to post replays soon.

The way I see it, the most annoying thing to me playing against US is the lack of map control in early game and how much it can reduce the resources income (especially fuel), slowing down tech and the arrival of German Panzers.

But using this Doctrine I find myself more easily holding off US early because of the medical Supply buff, and as long as I have one fuel point, I can drop (for a low cost of 200mp) 50 fuel very quickly, enabling me to tech to T3 and be in range for a 13-15min P4.

I open with standard build : 3-4 Grens, HMGs ...T2 then Pak and Pgrens. I use the medical drop as often as I feel its useful. When I have space, I drop fuel, go T3 and get a fast P4 which puts a huge dent in a mid game strategy for US (they wont expect it so soon).

After that you can either drop more fuel or munitions, if you want to use the FireBarrage or Stuka Bomb strike, which are both very useful. Personally I use the Fire Barrage most of the time...as it is faster and clears out AT guns and MGs rapidly.

I havent tried this vs Soviets (cuz lack of heavy tanks) , but It possibly could work if you use the fuel drops to go to T4 and get some panthers.

2 questions for you guys....1: Anyone use this doctrine in 1v1 and can post replays? 2: What does the medical supply buff do EXACTLY??? (cuz it seems to buff BOTH attack and defense)

Thanks!!

21 Oct 2014, 15:30 PM

Can't say I own the doctrine, but one thing that immediately pops out in your build that would combine nicely with the doctrine is the halftrack. Medical drops+the halftrack reinforcement would be a fairly potent combo to keep you on the field(and easier to use then a forward healing bunker).
21 Oct 2014, 17:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2014, 15:30 PMBryan
Can't say I own the doctrine, but one thing that immediately pops out in your build that would combine nicely with the doctrine is the halftrack. Medical drops+the halftrack reinforcement would be a fairly potent combo to keep you on the field(and easier to use then a forward healing bunker).

Very cool! ...I will try this, I am unused to the HT I must admit. But I see how this combos well.
23 Oct 2014, 17:09 PM
Patrion 310

I haven't tried this in 1vs1, but works very well in 2vs2 for a panther/p4 or KT rush.. Especially supporting OKW for a KT rush and with the coming nerf to ISU and AT gun vets, KTs will become even more powerful than before. KT + volks shreaks blob + pak40/pak43 + zero artillery (fortification doc)/incendiary bombs to counter AT guns = gg.

Without the lategame power of ISUs, I can imagine alot of shocks players will go either IS2 or B4 and Luftwaffe doc should work good against both as panther rush counter IS2 and OH stuka bomb hard counter B4. Also without the B4 and IL-2 bombs from ISU doctrines = no soviet hard counter to pak43.

For these reasons fortification doc + luftwaffe doc will have amazing synergy with the coming patch imo. At least borderline op if you ask me. Guards button nerf, ISU nerf and AT guns vet nerf all give indirectly buffs to KT as soviet have even less options to deal with it.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★