Login

russian armor

What do you think of an SU-85 buff?

23 Oct 2014, 23:48 PM

I find that the Su-85 works well when on maps with large open spaces but on more limiting maps it can be rather bad due to not having a turrent combined with poor pathing of vehicles. Removing three point turns and fixing the overall pathing when it comes to reversing would help the unit out alot.

Another issue is that German Tanks have useful veterency at all ranks where as Soviet vehicles only have 2 ranks of veterency which are useful. Giving it a useful Vet 1 with better pathing would fix most of the issues. A slight price decrease wouldn't be bad either.
24 Oct 2014, 00:31 AM

Ill say it again -

Su-85 isnt effective vs. OKW because of schreckblobs, but...
The su-85 obviously doesnt deal with volks and that is what maxims are for.

The random max speed boost caused by blitz makes the su-85 redundant because the tank can blitz faster than the su-85 can rotate (at least when the su-85 is using focused sight), causing the su-85 to miss, and the tank can simply overcome the su-85 with its jet boosters. And thus, countering the counter.

Thats not fair... :/
24 Oct 2014, 02:31 AM
Patrion 28

i don't think there is a single tank that can rotate it's turret faster than a medium tank can drive around it. obviously this means non-turreted tanks are worse off.
24 Oct 2014, 14:51 PM

I think that is the point of having faster tanks come and flank non-turreted tanks. Currently, the SU85s biggest advantage, range, is only a marginal advanatgae. You will get at most, 2 shots off before you have to reverse. Versus Panthers, that is not enough. Don't even talk about using SU85s to fight KTs or Jagdtigers
24 Oct 2014, 15:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 14:51 PMNinjaWJ
I think that is the point of having faster tanks come and flank non-turreted tanks. Currently, the SU85s biggest advantage, range, is only a marginal advanatgae. You will get at most, 2 shots off before you have to reverse. Versus Panthers, that is not enough. Don't even talk about using SU85s to fight KTs or Jagdtigers

I agree with the JT but the rest is just a massive l2p issue.
24 Oct 2014, 15:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 14:51 PMNinjaWJ
Add a second SU-85/ Zis or any other AT support into the equation and the 60 range (+ spotting) is the best advantage of any non doc tank in the game. Because what happens then: Panther moves up to SU-85 and its support and loses half of its health, it cant circle and dies if it doesn´t retreat instantly.

What you described there was some bad usage of a Su-85, without support. And even then it can reverse and the Panther might win with a sliver of health.

I shudder if I remember the OP Su-85 right after release.
24 Oct 2014, 16:11 PM

man just dropp this game before relic cant fixing this problems and waiting when axis be 100% in searching.
24 Oct 2014, 16:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 16:11 PMfaus515
man just dropp this game before relic cant fixing this problems and waiting when axis be 100% in searching.

I can smell a lot of L2P issues in your posts.

SU-85 is awesome but only when you get vet.
Panther should not scare SU-85. Put mines on sides, stick together with Guards or Cons with AT Nades and that's it.
24 Oct 2014, 16:53 PM

The unit is more or less fine if utilized correctly. Underperforming slightly, but there are a ton of units out there that are off alot worse right now.

I'd suggest a frontal armour buff, just enough to deflect shrecks at max range and a slight accuracy buff. Anything beyond that would just go overboard and result in vicious su85 spam again. Dont wanna go back to those days.

The problem I see with the Su85 right now is really not that the unit is bad. Its just that with the Jackson and a more or less more potent(than it was a few months back) t-34, the Su85 sees alot less action cause ppl tend to prefer turreted tanks for flanking and other stuff. Plus the shreck blocks make it kinda hard for the Su85 to survive very long, especially lategame and with the wonky pathing at times. But this is not really a problem with the unit itself. Its much rather a faction design problem or other units overperforming, especially in team games(where as they might be 100% fine in 1v1 and even 2v2).

Giving the su85 more range, like suggested by ciez, would just turn it into an "elefant light" for the soviets. Dont need more 3454434 range tanks in the game. Especially now that they kinda nerfed the isu and jagd. No need to add a new one to the list.
24 Oct 2014, 17:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 15:49 PMButcher
Add a second SU-85/ Zis or any other AT support into the equation and the 60 range (+ spotting) is the best advantage of any non doc tank in the game. Because what happens then: Panther moves up to SU-85 and its support and loses half of its health, it cant circle and dies if it doesn´t retreat instantly.

What you described there was some bad usage of a Su-85, without support. And even then it can reverse and the Panther might win with a sliver of health.

I shudder if I remember the OP Su-85 right after release.

Yes I forgot to add that I always support my Su85s, either with AT nades, ZiS guns or another tank + Mark Target.

The matchup with Ost is almost in a good spot. I think the Panther buffs kinda swayed it towards Ost. It has a really tough time against OKW though. Schreck blobs make it hard for the SU85 to stay and fight, while the massive armor of the KT and Jgdt make it impossible for the SU85 to penetrate
24 Oct 2014, 19:24 PM

I can smell a lot of L2P issues in your posts.

SU-85 is awesome but only when you get vet.
Panther should not scare SU-85. Put mines on sides, stick together with Guards or Cons with AT Nades and that's it.

great joker i think. very funny write about l2p and some people say about mines and another shi* that not working good. i think u big pro and we need u video about mines cons and funny dying guard by 2 shots by pz4 or blobs shreks with mg42 spam by cover . master we waiting u teaching.
so dont write simple things
24 Oct 2014, 19:54 PM

An Su-85 buff is warranted I believe(but it has to be a fair one, like a speed increase or something)
The SU-76 also needs a buff ffs(maybe a faster reload time?)
24 Oct 2014, 20:35 PM

whispers buff "stug3","su-76"
24 Oct 2014, 20:51 PM

stug jp4 and the su85 could use a rotation buff
24 Oct 2014, 21:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 20:51 PMJaigen
stug jp4 and the su85 could use a rotation buff
My main concern on the StuG is that it often hits the ground when shooting at infantry if there is the slightest height difference. Don´t know about the other vehciles, but its most notable on the StuG as that´s supposed to fight infantry.
24 Oct 2014, 21:59 PM
Donator 11

Unit is fine, its the teching thats not fine and callin mechanic. If tech costs and callins are fixed im sure we will see more su85
25 Oct 2014, 09:05 AM

And give the Su-85 some anti infantry capability, please.

As for now, it does not suit as a T4 tank at all, even a Zis does the job better.
25 Oct 2014, 10:12 AM
Patrion 28

fuck no, the main gun is already better than the V. it's an AT gun on wheels, not a generalist medium tank.
25 Oct 2014, 17:51 PM

No need to become a smaller version of the ISU-152 but at least it should be able to cause some reliable damage to infantry like Panther and Stug with MG upgraded. Especially with those Shrek blobs running around the map.

And decrease T4 cost AND Su-85 cost so that Soviet player can go both T3 T4 when needed (play commanders with no call in tanks), please.

25 Oct 2014, 21:03 PM

At least make it spammable. Getting more than 2 is a liability when you can save up for a call-in
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★