Login

russian armor

Does anyone have hope?

21 Oct 2014, 00:12 AM

@Steel, you realize that even if you preserve the LeFH18 and Stuka zu Fuss, they take FOR-FRIGGEN-EVER to rank up and get vet right?

You can use a stuka zu fuss regularly and make tons of kills for an entire game and still not achieve Vet-3 or Vet-4 (Incendiary Barrage) or Vet-5

Vet-4 is the interesting part, and that incendiary barrage costs 100 muni but comes in way too late. By the time you have the option you've either already won the game or lost.
21 Oct 2014, 00:13 AM

Permanently Banned
I think the balance is fine

:foreveralone:
21 Oct 2014, 00:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2014, 00:12 AMSierra
@Steel, you realize that even if you preserve the LeFH18 and Stuka zu Fuss, they take FOR-FRIGGEN-EVER to rank up and get vet right?

You can use a stuka zu fuss regularly and make tons of kills for an entire game and still not achieve Vet-3 or Vet-4 (Incendiary Barrage) or Vet-5

Vet-4 is the interesting part, and that incendiary barrage costs 100 muni but comes in way too late. By the time you have the option you've either already won the game or lost.
Like I said, I want all artillery to have a more significant impact on the battlefield. Only the Stuka zu fuss is actually significant other than the B4 203mm. And I wasn't even talking about vet as these 2 guns already destroys people without vet.
21 Oct 2014, 00:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2014, 00:18 AMsteel
Like I said, I want all artillery to have a more significant impact on the battlefield. Only the Stuka zu fuss is actually significant other than the B4 203mm. And I wasn't even talking about vet as these 2 guns already destroys people without vet.

B4 is only really relevant once it has precision strike at Vet-1.

Though I think Vet is very important to the overall utility of all units.
21 Oct 2014, 00:45 AM

The biggest problem with Company of Heroes 2 is that they changed things for the sake of change instead of building upon what the franchise was known for. If I go to McDonalds I expect my Big Mac to be a Big Mac no matter what McDonalds I go to. Relic on the other hand took the recipe and changed it without consulting with fans as to what they wanted. Company of Heroes 2 is a crappy chicken sandwhich under the disguise of being served as a juicy burger, that is one reason as to why people are mad and Relic is clueless as to what they should do.

Relics priorities seem to be completely out of sync with the community. They have focused too much on trying to be innovative and bringing new features and abilities instead of depth and strategy. Every time i watch someone from relic stream, the focus is always how excited they are about some new feature which usually is over the top, or game breaking or totally unnecessary. They seem to be obsessed with adding new content which invariably makes it impossible to maintain any semblance of balance.

To be fair many of the changes they have made have been brilliant but so often it is one step forward three steps back. They simply try to hard and continually shoot themselves in the foot. How they have managed to introduce so many bug to the game is utterly mindblowing indicates to me that something internally is completely failing.

Personally, i believe they are targeting a different audience than the traditional coh1 community, however i don't think they are entirely such what it is.

If there is any hope, i think it is far far far in the future.....
21 Oct 2014, 00:49 AM

Hopefully Relic actually reads and takes this thread in. It would probably do them good to listen to the few remaining passionate people that care enough to come on this message board.

READ IT RELIC, DAMN YOU!111111
21 Oct 2014, 01:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2014, 14:34 PMluvnest

Design of certain factions
  • In general: Playing allies feels extremely dull. It's either or. You mostly have only the half amount of units available due to the teching structure. Axis on the other hand are fun to play, especially Wehrmacht.
  • OKW and USF promotes blobbing. Giving your basic infantry squad (Volks) good AT capabilities is ridiculous. It just asks for blobbing your units cause they can both take on Tanks as well as on Infantry. A good player's army should consist of a good synergy of support weapons and infantry with tanks. Not just basic infantry that you A move to victory.
  • Support weapons: As the name already said, those weapons are used to SUPPORT infantry. Maxim spam is viable since day 1 (well because of the current bug not that viable, but you know what I mean). There shouldn't be more infantry than basic infantry. MG42 is doing it right in that regard.
  • OKW vetting system: is just plain stupid. It automatically favours OKW in the later stages of the game, which makes no sense at all. While your concripts do fine early on, they are just getting eaten alive later on. The best part is that once your infantry reaches vet 3, your OKW opponent still gathers vet till the end while you stand still. This has nothing to do with balance.
    Giving units additional abilites once they reach vet 4/5 is fine with me, but not buffing their general stats.
  • Useless doctrines: There are way too many doctrines that are not beeing used and never will be. If you don't pick a doctrine with a heavy tank call in, you are bound to the regular teching and limit your options (especially with Soviets). I'd rather go for a fast T34 and wait for an ISU or an IS2, than just beeing stuck with T34 all game. Especially with the T4 cost of extra 120 fuel..

+1

Factions and are so shitty designed. You have to invest endless ressourses in the idiotic expensive teching structure to get your shitty non-doctrinal tanks. At the same time you also have the Option to call in strong heavy tanks with a commander and you dont Need to invest any ressources in the shitty teching structure.
21 Oct 2014, 06:03 AM

I'd like to reinforce how badly coded this game is. Even with good ping, unit control is sluggish. I actually just straight up leave games when I feel that the ping is bad. It is not fun to be completely incapable of dodging grenades or stop someone who is just a-moving into you because you lose a model before the units respond and move into cover.

I do this for over half of my games now which probably wrecked my mmr and puts me against peopel that are too easy. I guess that's it for me and this game. I was always frustrated by vCOH but it had so many fantastic games where I felt the better player won.

Every game in COH2 feels like I win or lose due to RNG or the poor optimization. It's terrible.
21 Oct 2014, 06:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2014, 01:51 AMAffe

+1

Factions and are so shitty designed. You have to invest endless ressourses in the idiotic expensive teching structure to get your shitty non-doctrinal tanks. At the same time you also have the Option to call in strong heavy tanks with a commander and you dont Need to invest any ressources in the shitty teching structure.

All needed to fix that is limit certain heavy doctrinal tanks to one per player at a time and remove the fuel cost. Been saying that for months. KVs and T34/85s could be endless but Tigers IS2s and Elefants/ISUs need to be limited.
21 Oct 2014, 07:31 AM
Benefactor 115

The biggest gripes I have with the game are blobbing (shrecked volks roflstomping over everything) and superheavies, those are the design mistakes that balancing can't do much against.
Right now even when you have a bad early game you can afford to stall for heavy callins and I wish there were better ways to punish that.
Also, pathing seems to be as f'd up es ever
21 Oct 2014, 08:48 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

maybe this patch will be a big bug of success... :O don't shoot me.
21 Oct 2014, 08:54 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2014, 08:48 AMSpanky
maybe this patch will be a big bug of success... :O don't shoot me.

We'll stand together Spanky I hink the same!
21 Oct 2014, 09:24 AM

make whatever you want from this

http://imgur.com/com7HCe
21 Oct 2014, 09:32 AM
Patrion 14

Yes, I've got hope that Relic will balance the game some day. Wehrmacht and Soviets got pretty fucking balanced just before WFA (in 1v1/2v2 that is), and it's just a matter of time before all factions are balanced again.

That said, I doubt it'll happen any time soon. Balancing 4 factions is exponentially harder than 2 factions, and I wouldn't be surprised if CoH2 gets finally balanced shortly before CoH3 is released (you know, pretty much like what happened with CoH1).

But yeah, I wouldn't see any point in playing this game if I didn't have hope, and I'm still playing.
21 Oct 2014, 12:23 PM

make whatever you want from this

http://imgur.com/com7HCe

all hail dusty, messenger of joy, envoy of hope, vanquisher over despair

seriously. while im being pretty relaxed about coh2 these days (i used to smash things near me after losing to what i deemed "balance issues", and bugs) i dont like all the negativity about it. there is a way to voice your concerns in a well mannnered fashion without ranting, insulting each other or using claims about how stupid/shitty/decietful/etc the ppl at relic "obviously" are.

if i was to read all this as an employee at relic, i would actually say: "fuck that. lets monetarize the shit out of this game, since its community behaves like a bunch of drunk fratboys with severe NPD and will never be satisfied as a whole".
ofc im ignoring the ppl who actually abide by what i'd call etiquette, although there are indeed many of them out there, but basically their voices get drowned out by all the terrible ranting going on.

so to cut it short: hope for the game, yes. but i do have my doubts about CoH2 ever being recieved as a well balanced/managed game. the part of the community, who actually voices their opinions, is too diversified and too many factions within the community have very different opinions on how the game should be. so ,no, no hope for the community to ever improve at all

the only thing that really grinds my gears is bad performance. balance takes it time, but there is no reasonable excuse in my book to delay improvement in that department. a long as its even within the realm of possibilities (i actually do know jack shit about coding and anything related to it) it should be done ASAP

TL: DR hope for the game: ✓ hope for its community: x
21 Oct 2014, 12:45 PM

I'd like to reinforce how badly coded this game is. Even with good ping, unit control is sluggish. I actually just straight up leave games when I feel that the ping is bad. It is not fun to be completely incapable of dodging grenades or stop someone who is just a-moving into you because you lose a model before the units respond and move into cover.

I do this for over half of my games now which probably wrecked my mmr and puts me against peopel that are too easy. I guess that's it for me and this game. I was always frustrated by vCOH but it had so many fantastic games where I felt the better player won.

Every game in COH2 feels like I win or lose due to RNG or the poor optimization. It's terrible.

I am not sorry that you are leaving because of your additude(to bad that you are a greek tho, i think from your name). Its like a football player leaves the game because its raining and he can not perfome 100%.
So you ruin others peoples games. :wave:
21 Oct 2014, 17:09 PM

I am not sorry that you are leaving because of your additude(to bad that you are a greek tho, i think from your name). Its like a football player leaves the game because its raining and he can not perfome 100%.
So you ruin others peoples games. :wave:

I only play 1v1. A free win is hardly ruining someone's game.
21 Oct 2014, 17:59 PM
Donator 11

HS King what has Relic lied about?
21 Oct 2014, 18:04 PM

I enjoy game in its current state. A lot. If anyone cares...
21 Oct 2014, 18:58 PM
Senior Editor Badge

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight