Login

russian armor

Let's talk about the P-47 anti-tank Rocket Strike

PAGES (7)down
23 Oct 2014, 18:39 PM

I actually overlooked that factor. With the fact that the US Forces have an absolutely horrid late-game (zero non-doctrinal heavy armor), this only further reinforces that the Relic balance developers, aren't as naive as you would think. Both of the current Axis (German) factions have a wide-array of late-game options, and with the exception of call-ins (Easy Eights) the US Forces are seriously lacking as of this moment in time. Of course, you could always argue that there are Jacksons and Wolverines, HOWEVER, they're both medium tanks that are incredibly fragile and couldn't last a straight thirty seconds in a one-on-one brawl with any variant of the Tiger. Long story short, there is ALWAYS room for improvement and that's what patches are for.

Correction. Although the Jackson has the Target Size of a Panther which is LARGER then a regular medium tank it has the HPs of a light tank. Anything under 640 HPs is not a medium tank its a light tank.

The M10 has the target size of a T34 if I remember right. The Puma, Luchs, T70 are much smaller. So its a half dead medium tank or a really really really large light tank.

I cant wrap my mind around why the USF enjoy low HP large target size and low armored units. Its really boggles my mind. At least have SOMETHING going for them...
23 Oct 2014, 18:50 PM

Well, a self spotting Airstrike is a little bit of a problem, especially on smaller maps where you can't escape them. If they are shot down the planes tend to crash inot the enemys stuff which happens clearly too often. It's a no skill click and sometimes win ability. I know it's expensive but as american you tend to flood ammo. And to everyone who is complaining about the close the pocket ability, i rareley see the enemy for the close the pocket doctrine while the airborne doc is often spammed, especially in 3v3s and 4v4s. And the americans have good at i don't know what everyone is complaining about. I think it's the general inability of many players to use it, because many expect that they have a heavy unit which can just drive into the enemy lines and destroys everything, that's definietly part of the poor game design we have atm.
23 Oct 2014, 18:57 PM

Just build Ostwind, Flak Truck or T4. T4 is not good as Ost or Flak Truck but still can destroy planes very easily.
My Flak Truck, in 4v4, killed 12 planes in 18mins so there is a way to repel P-47.
Just build hard-counter for air support.
23 Oct 2014, 18:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 18:50 PMMoBo111
Well, a self spotting Airstrike is a little bit of a problem, especially on smaller maps where you can't escape them. If they are shot down the planes tend to crash inot the enemys stuff which happens clearly too often. It's a no skill click and sometimes win ability. I know it's expensive but as american you tend to flood ammo. And to everyone who is complaining about the close the pocket ability, i rareley see the enemy for the close the pocket doctrine while the airborne doc is often spammed, especially in 3v3s and 4v4s. And the americans have good at i don't know what everyone is complaining about. I think it's the general inability of many players to use it, because many expect that they have a heavy unit which can just drive into the enemy lines and destroys everything, that's definietly part of the poor game design we have atm.

Perhaps Ostheer does not use it as much with all their Tiger commanders - which is best countered by the p47.

USF has good AT? Where art this AT? A 57mm AT gun bounces off of the heavier german tanks way too often. M36? Dead in 3 shots, or rolled over by panzerschrecks. Bazookas? Bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce. USF uses its munitions in an attempt to keep with Axis/Soviet units that dont need muni to be good. Its best to spend muni to destroy the tanks that you cant kill than spend the effort making an AT army that can barely scratch tanks. Shameful.
23 Oct 2014, 19:23 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 18:50 PMMoBo111

ALL Aircraft abilties shoe an area of effect circle around where they are called. for recons its green. for attacks it red.

EVEN IF THE P47 SPOTS U! IF UR TANKS ARE NOT WITHIN THE TARGET AREA. WILL NOT FIRE
23 Oct 2014, 19:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

EVEN IF THE P47 SPOTS U! IF UR TANKS ARE NOT WITHIN THE TARGET AREA. WILL NOT FIRE

If the aircraft targets you, it doesn't matter if you are outsight range area. That's why you can't dodge the first volley and you MUST escape the zone before the 2nd volley arrive, which on some maps, it can't be done (because of size).
23 Oct 2014, 19:38 PM

ALL Aircraft abilties shoe an area of effect circle around where they are called. for recons its green. for attacks it red.

Ratchet i recommend to look after how this ability actually works. On some maps you can't escape it becasue the the spotting area is bigger than the map. And a 37mm stuka doesn't shoot on targets it can't see.
23 Oct 2014, 19:44 PM

Perhaps Ostheer does not use it as much with all their Tiger commanders - which is best countered by the p47.

USF has good AT? Where art this AT? A 57mm AT gun bounces off of the heavier german tanks way too often. M36? Dead in 3 shots, or rolled over by panzerschrecks. Bazookas? Bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce, bounce. USF uses its munitions in an attempt to keep with Axis/Soviet units that dont need muni to be good. Its best to spend muni to destroy the tanks that you cant kill than spend the effort making an AT army that can barely scratch tanks. Shameful.

You know mate, if you don't like the fact that your 57mm tends to bounce use it's ap rounds, same with the jackson, the us at get's very good with more vet. The bazooka is a easy spamable weapon, but i agree it't too weak. The whole problem with buffing it is that you could make even better blobs but that's not the topic here. That the jackson can't take many shots is true, but use it's range, smoke, the at nades you get with vet1 to deal with a tiger and use your high damage potential. And don't forget the m20 mines.
23 Oct 2014, 20:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 19:44 PMMoBo111

You know mate, if you don't like the fact that your 57mm tends to bounce use it's ap rounds, same with the jackson, the us at get's very good with more vet. The bazooka is a easy spamable weapon, but i agree it't too weak. The whole problem with buffing it is that you could make even better blobs but that's not the topic here. That the jackson can't take many shots is true, but use it's range, smoke, the at nades you get with vet1 to deal with a tiger and use your high damage potential. And don't forget the m20 mines.

Well make up your mind, does USF float ammo for P-47s or do they use their AP rounds and M20 mines?

Add to that BARs no longer being pointless, and P-47 is going to be either a huge sacrifice or a very late game only appearance.
23 Oct 2014, 20:46 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 19:38 PMMoBo111

Ratchet i recommend to look after how this ability actually works. On some maps you can't escape it becasue the the spotting area is bigger than the map. And a 37mm stuka doesn't shoot on targets it can't see.

Can u READ?!?! even if the p47 spots u! if u are outside of the erea of effect it WONT fire
23 Oct 2014, 21:40 PM

Can u READ?!?! even if the p47 spots u! if u are outside of the erea of effect it WONT fire

Sry Ratcht i might have misread something, but if you are stil in the area when the first row fired the second will target you even if you drive out of the radius. And what i wanted to tell you is that there are maps where you can't escape the p47 (1v1).
23 Oct 2014, 21:41 PM

Well make up your mind, does USF float ammo for P-47s or do they use their AP rounds and M20 mines?

Add to that BARs no longer being pointless, and P-47 is going to be either a huge sacrifice or a very late game only appearance.

Well if there is enough the usf can spend their muni on the p47 problem might be solved right?
23 Oct 2014, 21:42 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 21:40 PMMoBo111

Sry Ratcht i might have misread something, but if you are stil in the area when the first row firedthe second will target you to even if you are out of the radius. And what i wanted to tell you is that there are maps where you can't escape the p47 (1v1).

Yes you are correct. both p47's will make.e runs. some maps are very tough to escape the p47's. But for 240 munitions. it better be good
23 Oct 2014, 22:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2014, 19:44 PMMoBo111

So in order to combat tanks, USF pays the fuel, pays the manpower, AND pays a muntions tax in order to compete with the rest that doesnt need muni to be effective? Now that is some weak AT. Its much better off to pay for 2 planes with powerful rockets that penetrate the KT great and deal loads of damage instead of flimsy 57mm at guns that bounce and get aten alive if they use AP rounds because Axis tanks can blitz to freedom and drive out of the arc (and KT has so much armor that it is still perfectly safe if it drives up to AP shooting 57 mm's since the KT will still bounce those and one shot the AT gun) and the Jackson gets outrun by blitzing king tigers so good luck keeping your only AT alive. If you encounter bazookas, then the obersoldaten will force them back. USF AT is made of paper to counter Titanium.

Soviet AT is better. Now that is a compliment.

USF will have even more trouble surviving with a P47 nerf without proper adjustments to their AT, especially when they have to pay a massive embargo fee for whatever reason to get anything tougher than aluminum shells.
23 Oct 2014, 23:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If the plane TRACKS you inside it's area of effect, you can lolblitz all you want through road that the plane will still HIT YOU OUTSIDE of it's area of effect.

This ability is equally to the skillplane we had several patches ago.
24 Oct 2014, 20:02 PM

So in order to combat tanks, USF pays the fuel, pays the manpower, AND pays a muntions tax in order to compete with the rest that doesnt need muni to be effective? Now that is some weak AT. Its much better off to pay for 2 planes with powerful rockets that penetrate the KT great and deal loads of damage instead of flimsy 57mm at guns that bounce and get aten alive if they use AP rounds because Axis tanks can blitz to freedom and drive out of the arc (and KT has so much armor that it is still perfectly safe if it drives up to AP shooting 57 mm's since the KT will still bounce those and one shot the AT gun) and the Jackson gets outrun by blitzing king tigers so good luck keeping your only AT alive. If you encounter bazookas, then the obersoldaten will force them back. USF AT is made of paper to counter Titanium.

Soviet AT is better. Now that is a compliment.

USF will have even more trouble surviving with a P47 nerf without proper adjustments to their AT, especially when they have to pay a massive embargo fee for whatever reason to get anything tougher than aluminum shells.

Well i have seen enough americans win without the "skillplane". And the thing you are complaining about is what the devs call assymetrical balance. The factions can't be equal and to make up for the strong usf early and mid game they have some weaknesses in the late game. Trust me if the beta get's life the yolo bar blobs will come back and then you can play your americans again with or without the skillplane.
24 Oct 2014, 22:47 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2014, 20:02 PMMoBo111

Well i have seen enough americans win without the "skillplane". And the thing you are complaining about is what the devs call assymetrical balance. The factions can't be equal and to make up for the strong usf early and mid game they have some weaknesses in the late game. Trust me if the beta get's life the yolo bar blobs will come back and then you can play your americans again with or without the skillplane.

Its soo dificults. Usf has literally nothing to staop a blitzing panther driving and killing 2 jacksons.

Rifle at will bounce, m20 will be gone by that time, and most of the time 57mm and jackson rounds will bounce of a panther and anything higher.

Yet, when usf gets one good abilty.. it op?

Pugzii said it best.

"It's as OP as the units its used to kill."
24 Oct 2014, 23:11 PM

Its soo dificults. Usf has literally nothing to staop a blitzing panther driving and killing 2 jacksons.

Rifle at will bounce, m20 will be gone by that time, and most of the time 57mm and jackson rounds will bounce of a panther and anything higher.

Pugzii said it best.

No, nope, nein.

Jacksons are only suck at offensive but extremely good in defensive, Jacksons can do a really good job stopping a panther even with blitz (with RNG God blessing) (I have seen my vet 2 panthers deflecting shot from vet 3 Jacks with AP round)
24 Oct 2014, 23:43 PM

Using abilities that cost munitions for example AT rounds on Jackson and 57mm should always boost their effectivnes and be 100% reliable for the duration and that means 100% penetration for the time it lasts. But here you pay for a chance and that is a gamble. As i remember correctly the OKW was suppossed to be the High Risk high reward faction, but now it seams that only the USF gamble with their units and abilities.
25 Oct 2014, 01:41 AM

Pugzii said it best.

love this ability, combined with paras, its a damn solid commander.

what the US needs is something to really fuck with blitz tanks that overextends and drive in too close, same problems with the soviets, many of the allied hard hitters are either slow as fuck (both 57mm and ZiS3/su85), covered in paper armour (t34s/jacksons) or infantry AT being worthless as fuck (PTRS/bazookas)

the closest thing they've got is bazookas which are expensive, does too little dps to do anything and bounce off paper. and well, AT nade bounces off so much.

on the side note, jacksons are pretty amazing in pairs. until jagdtiger though.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS