Login

russian armor

COH 2 Special Advice

20 Oct 2014, 02:09 AM

Alright, I have seen Relic destroy the most amazing game ever in COH 1 with the release of Tales of Heroes taking a great game and making pretty much unplayable for 2 months.

After that, I promised myself, I would stop supporting Relic but have still been following my man on this website.

I see a special on now so I'm hoping that they haven't failed COH 2 as bad as they did and I'm ready to take the plunge.

Can I be so bold to ask for some advice on which ones I should buy while the special is still on. As far as I can see, its $12.50 but does that give me all the armies, i.e US as well? Is that on special?

What do you guys recommend.

Thanks in advance guys.

Good to see COH 2 still trucking along, hope Relic have been smart enough to look after you guys.
20 Oct 2014, 02:20 AM
Donator 11

http://store.steampowered.com/app/231430/
(no need to purchase CE as it's not worth it)
http://store.steampowered.com/app/260309/
(only buy the package)
As for DLC it's not mandatory since there is the war spoils system but many commanders just aren't worth it. This was discussed in another forum post recently.
20 Oct 2014, 02:27 AM

CoH2 base game gives you Soviets and Wehrmacht. USA and the second German faction (OKW) can be purchased together for $20 or separately for $12 I think. IMO buy both WFA factions and decide whether you like the other 2 factions enough to buy the base game.
20 Oct 2014, 02:51 AM

Can I be lazy and ask for a brief breakdown of the DLC? I saw a very brief thread about it but it didn't really clear it up for me.

Does anyone miss COH-O? That was a lot of fun if you excluded the horrific balance they had going. Loved just jumping on and getting 4 v 4 matches, still can't believe they just shut that down. That could have been great if they managed it better.
20 Oct 2014, 07:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2014, 02:51 AMHeathen
Can I be lazy and ask for a brief breakdown of the DLC? I saw a very brief thread about it but it didn't really clear it up for me.

Does anyone miss COH-O? That was a lot of fun if you excluded the horrific balance they had going. Loved just jumping on and getting 4 v 4 matches, still can't believe they just shut that down. That could have been great if they managed it better.

Automatching works in a very similar fashion as in Coho.

DLC includes skins, singleplayer missions, coop missions and Commanders. Basically commanders are the same as vCoh companies and doctrines. You can pick 3 commanders before the match then select one of them during the game. You have some commanders by default and they are mostly decent enough. There is also a small chance to get drops after you finish battle ( in same way as in Counter strike:GO). Random drops include skins, commanders and intel bulletins (Coho had similar things too, small buffs you can apply to your army but they are not as imbalanced as they were in Coho).
20 Oct 2014, 08:38 AM

Would be pretty good if the 'leader' could swap.
Not absolutely necessary to survive though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★