Login

russian armor

Soviet T1 unbeatable?

20 Oct 2014, 06:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2014, 19:44 PMPorygon

M3 can melt Kubel in 3 secs, push away the stumpio (and eventually able to squad wipe), with
JUST MERELY MOVE COMMAND, uncounterable until first screck (NERFED), Rakentenwerfer is a joke, unless the Soviet player is retarded.

Penals making Volks like a child playing toy guns, with flamethrowers even able to kill stumpio. Camping in buildings making it almost unable to flush them out unless you have Stuka in 8 mins mark. (If you get Stuka, good luck with the T34 rush)

I know that some people have a bad attitude against your posts in this forum but in this case I have to say you describe my problem the best.
The M3 with Flamer Penals always feels like a minute 4 KV-8 for me. If the soviet is good at micro he just pushes your units around killing whole squads.
Raketenwerfer doesn't do anything against it because it misses his first shot all of the time and mostly the second too. While reloading, the M3 drives behind it and burns the crew. As Ost you can probably get the Scout Car but as West there is literally no hard counter but M3 hardcounters absolutely everything OKW has. And while you keep your army together trying to kill that thing the soviet keeps spamming 3-4 more Penals capping the whole map.
If the enemy is good then you won't have a fuel point much of the time. And while you try to get your Puma (Flak-HT is not viable as it does nothing against tanks) the enemy has hordes of inf that your Puma can't do anything against. And if you go for anything else but Puma he gets the T34. You probably won't have more than 1 Panzershreck because of the fuel convertion and remember that the enemy might also have a sniper to clear your Raketenwerfer.

Sure in this case it's a lose because the enemy was clearly better.
I'm just trying to say that it's much easier as a Soviet to harass your OKW enemy.
The early game T1 is just like pre-nerf Kübelwagen against US.
There is nothing you can do and if your enemy is some kind of skilled then he won't let you in the game and deny the whole map.

It's what I miss from vCoH. You always knew that every unit had a counter.
Enemy gets a fast Bren Carrier? You can counter it with a Motorbike.
But in CoH2 it's more like 'OK how many men am I willing to sacrifice to kill a single unit?'.
20 Oct 2014, 06:07 AM

Get used to the idea that you want an AT gun early game as the OKW. Flame bus'ing an OKW player is an expensive gambit when one rocket in most exchanges will destroy an M3 scout car. If it works, it pays off well, but if it doesn't you just wasted a lot of fuel and man power to build a tech building which'll be useless come the 10 minute mark or so.
20 Oct 2014, 08:14 AM

Permanently Banned

Generally you pick one, not both.

Maybe I got unlucky, but when I was faced with an M3 (CE inside) + 2 Penals, they killed by Kubel, killed by Sturms, and forced away my 2 Volks.

once puma is out, convert to muni...
20 Oct 2014, 10:16 AM

As Ostheer, I don't have a serious problem with Soviet T1, The mighty Panzefaust can deal with it. Although good micro on that M3 can be lethal. Both HMG and LMG 42 deal good damage to M3.
For OKW, kuble handles snipers pretty well, and even if you lose that kuble killing the sniper squad it is still worth it. As for M3 and penals, they are strong (not OP though) but are micro intensive somehow. Try to keep your units together even if that means you lose some map control. remember that Sturms deal good damage to M3 up close. Do not use grenades and go straight for a schrek. If they bring guards, you can count on Luftwaffe ground forces (MG34 and FJs) and try to get a panther for late game.
20 Oct 2014, 22:32 PM

I know that some people have a bad attitude against your posts in this forum but in this case I have to say you describe my problem the best.
The M3 with Flamer Penals always feels like a minute 4 KV-8 for me. If the soviet is good at micro he just pushes your units around killing whole squads.
Raketenwerfer doesn't do anything against it because it misses his first shot all of the time and mostly the second too. While reloading, the M3 drives behind it and burns the crew. As Ost you can probably get the Scout Car but as West there is literally no hard counter but M3 hardcounters absolutely everything OKW has. And while you keep your army together trying to kill that thing the soviet keeps spamming 3-4 more Penals capping the whole map.
If the enemy is good then you won't have a fuel point much of the time. And while you try to get your Puma (Flak-HT is not viable as it does nothing against tanks) the enemy has hordes of inf that your Puma can't do anything against. And if you go for anything else but Puma he gets the T34. You probably won't have more than 1 Panzershreck because of the fuel convertion and remember that the enemy might also have a sniper to clear your Raketenwerfer.

Sure in this case it's a lose because the enemy was clearly better.
I'm just trying to say that it's much easier as a Soviet to harass your OKW enemy.
The early game T1 is just like pre-nerf Kübelwagen against US.
There is nothing you can do and if your enemy is some kind of skilled then he won't let you in the game and deny the whole map.

It's what I miss from vCoH. You always knew that every unit had a counter.
Enemy gets a fast Bren Carrier? You can counter it with a Motorbike.
But in CoH2 it's more like 'OK how many men am I willing to sacrifice to kill a single unit?'.

i agree with both of u,in totally soviet better than okw in begining,and i should add 1 topic about mg34 with that fucking rate:unsure:1kengneer can fight him face to face!
20 Oct 2014, 22:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2014, 10:16 AMRMMLz
As Ostheer, I don't have a serious problem with Soviet T1, The mighty Panzefaust can deal with it. Although good micro on that M3 can be lethal. Both HMG and LMG 42 deal good damage to M3.
For OKW, kuble handles snipers pretty well, and even if you lose that kuble killing the sniper squad it is still worth it. As for M3 and penals, they are strong (not OP though) but are micro intensive somehow. Try to keep your units together even if that means you lose some map control. remember that Sturms deal good damage to M3 up close. Do not use grenades and go straight for a schrek. If they bring guards, you can count on Luftwaffe ground forces (MG34 and FJs) and try to get a panther for late game.

m3 atleast push kubel back,and when your shreck ready to deal with m3 :) then snipers and penals flamer be glad to meet u(khodafezi ;) )
21 Oct 2014, 00:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2014, 22:32 PMSoheil

i agree with both of u,in totally soviet better than okw in begining,and i should add 1 topic about mg34 with that fucking rate:unsure:1kengneer can fight him face to face!

Indeed the M3(and any other early car actually) is anoying...but Combat Engineer destroys a MG34???face to face??Really?what game are you playing mate?
21 Oct 2014, 00:52 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Oct 2014, 19:44 PMPorygon
The reason why I quited playing OKW 1v1 and getting back to COH1.

M3 can melt Kubel in 3 secs, push away the stumpio (and eventually able to squad wipe), with
JUST MERELY MOVE COMMAND, uncounterable until first screck (NERFED), Rakentenwerfer is a joke, unless the Soviet player is retarded.

Penals making Volks like a child playing toy guns, with flamethrowers even able to kill stumpio. Camping in buildings making it almost unable to flush them out unless you have Stuka in 8 mins mark. (If you get Stuka, good luck with the T34 rush)

Then Snipers, fuck snipers. There is from a little hope into no counter after Kubel nerf.

Guards, very viable vs OKW, vetting quite fast with DP, stand toe to toe with Falls, ROFL.

Guards motor T34/85 dual call in, good luck if you have no panther.

In my exp Sturmpioneers win every time against an M3 that drives up point-blank.
21 Oct 2014, 15:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2014, 22:56 PMSoheil

m3 atleast push kubel back,and when your shreck ready to deal with m3 :) then snipers and penals flamer be glad to meet u(khodafezi ;) )

Well that is true, But by the time they have one M3, one penal and one snipe squad you probably have 1 Schreck and a lot of infantry. I'm not saying its fair but in 1v1 and 2v2 games, you can az pasesh bar biai ;) )
21 Oct 2014, 23:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2014, 15:14 PMRMMLz

Well that is true, But by the time they have one M3, one penal and one snipe squad you probably have 1 Schreck and a lot of infantry. I'm not saying its fair but in 1v1 and 2v2 games, you can az pasesh bar biai ;) )

ofcurse and when u wanna attack m3 then all snipers and penals focus on your shreck squad.ammm even u can destroy it=nothing happen,all thing they want to push back u for a minutes to control the map(intor nist? ;) )
21 Oct 2014, 23:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2014, 00:06 AMkiriL

Indeed the M3(and any other early car actually) is anoying...but Combat Engineer destroys a MG34???face to face??Really?what game are you playing mate?

mg34 rates of fire has reduced in last patch
22 Oct 2014, 17:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Oct 2014, 23:43 PMSoheil

ofcurse and when u wanna attack m3 then all snipers and penals focus on your shreck squad.ammm even u can destroy it=nothing happen,all thing they want to push back u for a minutes to control the map(intor nist? ;) )

Well, yea. They are gonna delay you and then they will troll you with T34/85s. hamintore :D
22 Oct 2014, 17:55 PM

Generally you pick one, not both.

Maybe I got unlucky, but when I was faced with an M3 (CE inside) + 2 Penals, they killed by Kubel, killed by Sturms, and forced away my 2 Volks.

I'll have to be honest (though I'm not saying that this strat is the best choice) but you should be able to get a shreck or two even with fuel conversion. It's not that you get 0 ammunition income the whole time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★