Login

russian armor

Worldbuilder bug?

17 Oct 2014, 14:52 PM
Donator 11

I'm having some trouble, haven't used worldbuilder in a while but I'm not being able to open maps any more without crashing...
They're still in the same location where they've always been.
When I startup a new multiplayer map I can't realign the camera with the 'alt' key when I see can actually see the map.. most of the time it's a blank screen..
Anyone got an idea of what this might be?!
I've already reinstalled Coh 2 but still nothing...
24 Oct 2014, 20:54 PM
Donator 11

It's also in (offline mode) all the time.. don't know if this is anything I can change..?
24 Oct 2014, 21:23 PM

I've already reinstalled Coh 2 but still nothing...

I don´t know if this will help you but did you check the Coh2-game-files in your game-blibliotheca/library via steam, even if you reinstalled the game?

Btw I have no problems with worldbuilder. No crashing.
25 Oct 2014, 10:23 AM
Donator 11

It's also in (offline mode) all the time.. don't know if this is anything I can change..?

We all are in offline mode, so its normal.
26 Oct 2014, 14:56 PM
Donator 11

no... didn't do it fpr me..
Weird thing is I can't open already made maps, not even the ones from relic themselve..
But I can create a new multiplayer map but I just can't rotate the view so that's really annoying..
26 Oct 2014, 23:03 PM

It sounds like a corrupt data base. A complete uninstall/reinstall should have corrected the issue. That would include all custom files. Move them to a different folder, and make the installer create all necessary folders from scratch. Then bring back in one map and test.

But it sounds like you have tried this, and if so, I wouldn't how to help.
27 Oct 2014, 18:04 PM
Donator 11

Yeah, already done that... such a bummer... well, I'll hope to see it get fixed soon, I'm trying my best ;p
27 Oct 2014, 20:41 PM
Donator 11

Have you tried opening the map different ways, dropping it on top of the worldbuilder.exe, opening the map form recent maps and from the file search? Sometimes i can't open my maps without worldbuilder crashing, so i just change the way how i open the map. Also maybe try coh2 beta worldbuilder. :)
27 Oct 2014, 21:59 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Here's another one for you. Worldbuilder can't open any maps if it's using data that's queued for change. Have you got an update to the game paused? If so, it blocks Worldbuilder from doing anything, lest it corrupt the files!
28 Oct 2014, 21:49 PM
Donator 11

Tried opening them in different ways and checked if there were any paused updates, none of both seemed to work... I can't open any older maps, and if I make one, I can save it and re-open it with no problem.. but when I try to change the camera view (alt) I now have to go from one side of my room to the other one to make the camera view move slightly.. :'D
28 Oct 2014, 21:51 PM
Donator 11

ah nevermind... tried it again by going to 'open recent', when I opened it, IT WORKED :D :D! Many Thanks everyone!

Still can't open any old maps... not even with that procedure...
31 Oct 2014, 18:11 PM

Do you have a second computer, you can install COH2 and WB on, and then transfer working files over to, and see how it reacts? Or maybe a friend u can send your older map files to, and see how it works on their side?
31 Oct 2014, 18:51 PM
Donator 11

Yeah, might be something to try out.. it's really frustrating..
However, I'm now able to open my newer maps with "open recent", so that's improvement :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★