Login

russian armor

Are we not going to talk about AA pricing?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (5)down
16 Oct 2014, 21:34 PM

Screw introductions, I'm getting right into this.

43$(CAD$) for a single player campaign??
As far as I can tell, there is no discount for people who've already purchased WFA or CoH2.

I can understand if someone was to buy the standalone all by itself, not having purchased WFA or CoH2 before, sure 43$ is alright considering WFA is 19.99$.

but I already purchased the units being used (minus some new ones), I already bought the shaders used, I've already bought the horrible pathfinding, I already own all the skins that they'll be using in the game, the grens will looks like grens, the riflemen will look like riflemen. These are all things I've already paid for...

Basically I'd 43$ for a bunch of new single player missions that they've made using the World builder...It doesn't sound as bad as it is...but

The way I feel now is almost how I feel when I buy DLC that ends up being 120kb. You all know that DLC, the one just unlocks an area that was already shipped with the original game.
I know it's not the same thing but the feeling is the same, I feel jipped and I haven't even purchased it.

I was looking forward to playing it and was thinking it would be around 19.99 or 24.99.
Odds are I'll just wait until it goes on sale and i'll buy it then.

/Rant

TL;DR

That's furkin expensive!

Anyone have any information that could potentially justify paying that much?
Are you going to buy it?
What would make you buy it?
Do you know anyone that's already pre-ordered it?

-------------------------

Edit: Just noticed people talking about it on the "Steam Pre-Order soon" Thread.
Maybe this could be Pricing dedicated?
16 Oct 2014, 21:37 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Um, Relic does this with every release. Remember COH2 Collectors Edition much?

They rush out a product and let the few suckers pay top dollar and then 3 months later it'll be $5.

I cant really care any less about Single Player so the only real complaint I have is that they wasted so much time on it.
16 Oct 2014, 21:40 PM

No, we're not going to talk about pricing, because it will not change.

Vote with wallet and simply don't buy it.
16 Oct 2014, 21:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2014, 21:37 PMBudwise

They rush out a product and let the few suckers pay top dollar and then 3 months later it'll be $5.

I cant really care any less about Single Player so the only real complaint I have is that they wasted so much time on it.

Not planning on being that sucker this time around.
Yeah, also...I was always skeptical about the whole "We have a team working on singleplayer and a team working on multiplayer." Right...
16 Oct 2014, 21:55 PM
Patrion 14

I'll be honest, $35, €30, £25 would of been much, much sweeter.

Considering WFA was the meat, and cost as much as a steak dinner (and was so delicious) this is the veg - and its bloody expensive.

I really hope SEGA review and adjust. Probably too late now, but that is some greed. They are just going to drive people to sales.

Me? I'll see if Green Man Gaming have the preorder bonus and a discount code. If they don't its a no-buy from me.

I'm also not fussed. I've got Master Chief and Pokemon Omega to look forward to, I can pass if I need to.
16 Oct 2014, 21:57 PM

Permanently Banned
its too much
16 Oct 2014, 22:01 PM

I knew this thread was coming, and I'm not surprised. SP wasn't the main thing in demand, so stacking the price ontop of that is just silly imo.
16 Oct 2014, 22:03 PM

I'm one of those suckers :snfPeter: , no problem AA is a pass just like those crappy theater of wars, 40+ bucks for nothing but a campaign? Consider previous experience from the campaign, I won't recommend to anyone I know.
16 Oct 2014, 22:04 PM

I'd only consider pre-ordering if the "October patch" turns out to be bloody brilliant, polished and well-tested. Even then mostly as support for Relic since I don't see myself playing AA more than once or twice, however much they promote its replay value.

But yeah, €40 is a tad more than I expected.
16 Oct 2014, 22:42 PM
Donator 11

Its not relic who sets the price tbh. The published normally sets the price so in this case it would be SEGA who set it so high
16 Oct 2014, 22:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2014, 22:42 PMMittens
Its not relic who sets the price tbh. The published normally sets the price so in this case it would be SEGA who set it so high

Then SEGA should tell us why they think its worth 40$! I dont mind paying 40$ for single player but only if there is 40$ of new, good and fun content.
16 Oct 2014, 22:57 PM

Permanently Banned
No, were not going to talk about it. We simply wont buy it.

Not even the fanbase wants the expansion pack for that price, lets see how many new players they will pull in with it...:S

I hope Relic makes a lot of money with it, I really do. Because apparently they desperately need it.
16 Oct 2014, 23:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge

tbh i think this is 5-10 usd to high. but that isn't gonna get changed by us espeically considering coh2.org are mostly a multiplayer community.
16 Oct 2014, 23:13 PM

This.

Just wait for the game being 75% off sale. Probably before Christmas.
16 Oct 2014, 23:14 PM
Patrion 14

yeah.. it is steep. i saw steam notification and was like "yeah"

then i saw the price and said "dammmmmmmmmmn"

16 Oct 2014, 23:15 PM

Wait for the winter sale, buddy
16 Oct 2014, 23:26 PM
Coder Red Badge

Holy shit that's goofy expensive. Not a chance in hell this expansion should be priced higher than $30. Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising was an expansion similar in concept to this (different single-player experience, no multiplayer content), and that released at $19.99. The two aren't the same, obviously, but it's an interesting comparison. $43.99 is just ridiculous.
16 Oct 2014, 23:32 PM

There's the price, then the tax.

Relic - AA is $20
plus Sega Tax - $23

Total - $43 CAD.

That's a little too high at this point. No pre order for me unless I get some crazy ass shit with it.
17 Oct 2014, 02:18 AM

I'll probably still buy it. I'm "that" guy.
17 Oct 2014, 02:20 AM
Director of Social Media Badge

Company of Heroes : Opposing Fronts ≈ 30€ (day of release)
Company of Heroes : The Western Front Armies + Ardennes Assault ≈ 20€ (6,79€ right now on Steam) + 40€
PAGES (5)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 5
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak