Login

russian armor

How to farm War Spoils

PAGES (68)down
18 May 2015, 13:32 PM
Donator 11

They are not necessary, this game isn't p2w. And if it is, fork over $4 for your super OP p2w content then. This game hasn't been full price for a very long time. You can find this game for less than $10 on many sites. Commanders are always on sale for 1-2 dollars. Its chump change really. War spoils while pretty shitty to look at, does not harm, only gives free dlc on occasion.

of course this game is or at least was p2w, things like elite doctrine, cas, the soviet b4 doctrin, mechanized assault, rifle company (and more) were or are stronger than many other doctrins. most of them are not free. how can anyone argue that this is NOT p2w?

and yeah, you got most of the commanders by playing the game. you played this game for more than 1850 hours. last 2 weeks you played 56 hours overall. now imagine someone who can only play 3 hours a week. he wont get close to getting all commanders, even if he only played coh2.

i bought this game in the beta for the full price and dont want to spend more bucks on it other than on real new multiplayer content.

war spoils are not the problem, relics approach to dlcs is. war spoils made a very greedy system a little better, but it doesnt mean, that the current state is GOOD.

nuff said

18 May 2015, 16:14 PM

Permanently Banned
Alright, I may not have the grounds to say argue this like you can, simply because I do play more than the average player. My 1850 hours is bloated though. Many nights I will just not close out of the game. Realistically I have played maybe 1200 hours.
19 May 2015, 03:33 AM
Patrion 28

given that i have to pay for electricity on a 1475W PSU feeding an overclocked 3930K (@4.4Ghz) and two 670s (although only one is under load playing CoH2) i feel that i deserve more shit because their game has such high electrical costs associated with it.
20 May 2015, 18:09 PM

Hi

I have been using this for about 7 hours..and I have got 3 drops..no commanders as yet nor any faceplate`s or new skins Really do think we should get more then that in 7 hours.!...One other thing when the game has finished and it waits for the red button to show up..it does not wait to see if there are any drops...it clicks the button to go into the lobby then into a new game again does not wait at all. So I can not tell if I got anything.
20 May 2015, 19:52 PM
Donator 11

One other thing when the game has finished and it waits for the red button to show up..it does not wait to see if there are any drops...it clicks the button to go into the lobby then into a new game again does not wait at all. So I can not tell if I got anything.

well, that is how it is supposed to work. the script will do its work as fast and efficient as it can. you can see the warspoils after you stopped the script.
20 May 2015, 21:30 PM

of course this game is or at least was p2w, things like elite doctrine, cas, the soviet b4 doctrin, mechanized assault, rifle company (and more) were or are stronger than many other doctrins. most of them are not free. how can anyone argue that this is NOT p2w?

and yeah, you got most of the commanders by playing the game. you played this game for more than 1850 hours. last 2 weeks you played 56 hours overall. now imagine someone who can only play 3 hours a week. he wont get close to getting all commanders, even if he only played coh2.

i bought this game in the beta for the full price and dont want to spend more bucks on it other than on real new multiplayer content.

war spoils are not the problem, relics approach to dlcs is. war spoils made a very greedy system a little better, but it doesnt mean, that the current state is GOOD.

nuff said

I'm one of the folks who can't play endlessly. Still waiting to get the Recon Commander...got every other commander, and spares of them, but the one. IMO, shoulda gotten all the USF commanders buying Ardennes
20 May 2015, 23:17 PM

given that i have to pay for electricity on a 1475W PSU feeding an overclocked 3930K (@4.4Ghz) and two 670s (although only one is under load playing CoH2) i feel that i deserve more shit because their game has such high electrical costs associated with it.

There's something seriously wrong with this. For one, I REALLY DOUBT that your computer uses all 1475W, I mean, I have a 1000W power supply with a R9 295X2, which by the way is two overclocked 290X's with watercooling, and a AMD FX-6200 CPU overclocked to 4.5Ghz, and you know what, even under full load I bet you I barely touch 800W. http://goo.gl/V8Z0uh

Okay, I may be wrong here, that was all the way back in 2005 and it isn't $16 anymore. For his laid out PC setup, 18 hours a day, 25 watts an hour, he came to $16.64 for a year. Okay, so that's just 25 watts an hour. You use more than that, you silly gamer. It's not 2005. But really, you can't expect it to run all the way to like, what, $20 a month? Really? well, yes actually. Probably about $256 a year, full load 18/7 at 400W/h. But you don't use THAT much, right? Okay, you're drawing 800W/h 18/7 (which you shouldn't be unless you're mining that sweet bitcoin) That's about $532 a year, $44 a month say. It's really up to you how long you want to keep your computer on and running, and it's up to you if you want it to be under full load 18/7.

update: I found this hefty website: http://energyusecalculator.com/electricity_spaceheater.htm which can basically also be used for computers. The average price in the US is about $0.13kWh so I went 18 hours a day, 800 watts, and 0.13 cents and got $683 a year. That's about $56 a month, and really, do you use your computer 18 hours a day at full load? For an entire year? I doubt it. It's really probably closer to $25 a month if anything. Let's say your bitcoin mining, right? Okay, 24 hours a day for an entire year would cost: $911 (call the cops we got a conspiracy) and this guy right here: http://goo.gl/1T7CbQ made about $1k in a year from bitcoin mining.

Alright, say you've got a rig like mine then, 800W drawn 24/7 for a year, $911 < 1k. If you were using my computer, you would be mining even faster! The post was also in 2013, and bitcoin is worth even more now. You'd still beat your power bill. I mean, this is the only thing I can conjure up where you would full draw 24/7 for a year. If you have to worry about anything, the last thing you worry about is the power bill. Your computer should be almost trash if used full load for an entire year. So really, really, REALLY, the price to run your computer is S.M.A.L.L!
21 May 2015, 02:34 AM
Patrion 28

stuff

i was being sarcastic. i also doubt that my PSU is anywhere near full load and i'm not really worried about the cost of electricity as i don't actually directly pay for it. i'm sorry you went to all that effort although it was an interesting read.
21 May 2015, 03:19 AM

i was being sarcastic. i also doubt that my PSU is anywhere near full load and i'm not really worried about the cost of electricity as i don't actually directly pay for it. i'm sorry you went to all that effort although it was an interesting read.

I seem to get very carried away with these tech related things :lol:
I did it recently on the World of Tanks forum to somebody just bringing up Nvidia cards here: http://goo.gl/rTtrCs (I'm second to the bottom)

If you couldn't already tell from reading my WoT post, I'm a huge AMD fanboy. I really do believe that Nvidia is scummy, especially as of late with the whole PhysX and Witcher III thing going on.

Glad you were interested in that wall of text though :D
Probably put a little more work into it than I should have...
21 May 2015, 08:24 AM

Did 7 hours again last night...got 1 war spoil..really is this how relic wanna do this..I mean in 7 hours we should be getting like 3-4 if its really 2-2half hours per drop. Like the script btw..but I feel having 1 drop in 7 hours does not justify using it.
22 May 2015, 04:04 AM
Patrion 28

I seem to get very carried away with these tech related things :lol:
I did it recently on the World of Tanks forum to somebody just bringing up Nvidia cards here: http://goo.gl/rTtrCs (I'm second to the bottom)

If you couldn't already tell from reading my WoT post, I'm a huge AMD fanboy. I really do believe that Nvidia is scummy, especially as of late with the whole PhysX and Witcher III thing going on.

Glad you were interested in that wall of text though :D
Probably put a little more work into it than I should have...

when i built my computer the ONLY thing available with pcie 3 was 670 reference cards. i couldn't even find any 680s or 690s (i only looked on newegg though).
22 May 2015, 09:20 AM

when i built my computer the ONLY thing available with pcie 3 was 670 reference cards. i couldn't even find any 680s or 690s (i only looked on newegg though).

Well, I'm not going to say your choice was a bad one, just not what I would have done in your situation. I would've gone with two 270X's, cheaper and better in some places:

or maybe a 280X for around the same price range:

but really, if you're going to buy a 280X, then why not go ahead and spend the extra $20 and get a 290?:

Hell, the 290 being that much better and only $40 more each? I mean, you've already got the 1475W power supply and it really doesn't cost that much to run your computer, what gives with that? but, ofcourse, I'm just an AMD fanboy and that 10 watts or 80 watts sure would make a huge difference in power consumption :lol:
23 May 2015, 02:40 AM
Patrion 28

Well, I'm not going to say your choice was a bad one, just not what I would have done in your situation. I would've gone with two 270X's, cheaper and better in some places:

or maybe a 280X for around the same price range:

but really, if you're going to buy a 280X, then why not go ahead and spend the extra $20 and get a 290?:

Hell, the 290 being that much better and only $40 more each? I mean, you've already got the 1475W power supply and it really doesn't cost that much to run your computer, what gives with that? but, ofcourse, I'm just an AMD fanboy and that 10 watts or 80 watts sure would make a huge difference in power consumption :lol:

either those cards were not available when i built or they're not pcie 3. i built the computer just about 3 years ago and i probably would have bought 680s if they were available. didn't see any AMD cards listed as pcie 3 at the time. they've served me well though
23 May 2015, 19:11 PM

Did 7 hours again last night...got 1 war spoil..really is this how relic wanna do this..I mean in 7 hours we should be getting like 3-4 if its really 2-2half hours per drop. Like the script btw..but I feel having 1 drop in 7 hours does not justify using it.

serves you right tbh
24 May 2015, 12:05 PM

Not really...just means that Relics stupid war spoils systems is crap and that there is no point in using the script. But thanks for your helpful reply..also means that Relics coh2 is pay to win so..do not care what they say that is how it is. And they are not going to changed the war spoils system maybe if they did people would not leave there pc on and use this script.
24 May 2015, 13:58 PM

Not really...just means that Relics stupid war spoils systems is crap and that there is no point in using the script. But thanks for your helpful reply..also means that Relics coh2 is pay to win so..do not care what they say that is how it is. And they are not going to changed the war spoils system maybe if they did people would not leave there pc on and use this script.

A lot of people would argue with what you've just said, I would be one of them, but it's 6:56 AM, I stood up all night and I'm tired. Not the war spoils part - but the pay to win part. I agree on the war spoils thing though, we shouldn't have to let it sit all night just to get about two war spoils, one a duplicate and one a useless bulletin.
27 May 2015, 11:38 AM
Donator 11

Like the script btw..but I feel having 1 drop in 7 hours does not justify using it.

again, you would expect 2-3 war spils in that amount of time, but sure, everybody needs to decide for himself, wether this justifies farming.

they've served me well though

did you not experince any microlag? i heard that this is a serious issue with many multi-gpu setups...

28 May 2015, 04:48 AM
Patrion 28

did you not experince any microlag? i heard that this is a serious issue with many multi-gpu setups...

idk. not that i noticed at least. of course i also don't notice frame rates unless they're sub 20, even in fps games. entirely possible that i get micro stutter and just haven't noticed. or i may have thought it was something else.
29 May 2015, 04:20 AM

Oh man, I just learned some dark, dark times are upon us :*(

Custom commanders and ingame currency are coming, the world is over, the sky is falling, everybody head for the hills! We're doomed! The all of us! DOOOOOOOOMMMEEEDDDD

seriously though, if they don't do this right, CoH2's future is dark. Don't pull an Anakin on us CoH2 :(

CoHO #2 :(

everybody run while you still can.
PAGES (68)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment