Login

russian armor

How to farm War Spoils

PAGES (68)down
20 Mar 2015, 16:04 PM

Just let it run again from 5AM to 9AM, hopped on to find that I have gotten 4 war spoils: two of which I already own, but I am happy with the ones I didn't get as dupes. Oberkommando 10% less build time for everything, pretty happy considering that I'm quite the fan of the Fortifications Doctrine. Sucks to say one of the things I did get that I already own is a commander, specifically one I decided to pay for... Looks like I'm the proud owner of two Elite Troop Doctrines! Oh, I now also own four "Swift Move" bulletins, 10% movement speed for sWs Supply Halftracks, don't even have the slots to make use of them all. I also got a winter skin for the Oberkommando, can't say I don't love my Western Front skins, sunk at least half of my game time (1300 hours) into the WFA factions and still only have about 4 skins from actual drops, 1 for the US and 3 for the Ober, they're all winter skins. Surprised by how random the drops are, 14 hour game = 3 war spoils and 4 hour game = 4 spoils, pretty insane if you ask me...
20 Mar 2015, 16:44 PM
Donator 11

Looks like I'm the proud owner of two Elite Troop Doctrines! Oh, I now also own four "Swift Move" bulletins, 10% movement speed for sWs Supply Halftracks, don't even have the slots to make use of them all.

oh thats sweet :D

as i said, the drops are pretty random, bit nice to see you got better luck this time!
20 Mar 2015, 21:20 PM

oh thats sweet :D

as i said, the drops are pretty random, bit nice to see you got better luck this time!
Haha, that's A LOT of dupes, hopefully they do introduce some sort of trading or melting, as you could probably get quite a bit from all of that! Get some nice bulletins or something else for those 4 spare commanders and load of dupe bulletins to sweeten the deal =o, my stuff looks a bit more like this:
So cool that you got all of that though, more than I can dream right there :drool:
21 Mar 2015, 18:40 PM

Unable to get any of the scripts linked in this thread to work, what am I doing wrong?

As per instructions I set it up this way:
-Game resolution set as per in instructions
-Game running in windowed mode
-custom game against computer opponent (SOV, CPU Easy) is selected
-Map is Pepperridge Farm
-No mod, Strd Resources, Fixed location, 1000 Points
-All that is left to do is press "Start Game" but we aren't supposed to do that...

At this point: I then activate the script [double click script and accept 'run' (i get a prompt) I know it's running because i see it in task bar], then I quickly click on the windowed game (anywhere) to make sure it's 'active' ... and now I wait and do nothing else (not alt tabbing or anything) and wait for the script to take hold... but nothing happens.

Have I done everything correct up to this point?

I have tried downloading the other scrips, using different victory point conditions, still nothing. I even attempted to hover the cursor over the Start Game button to change its color, thinking that must be the problem. Then I tried clicking Start Game and then activating the script, when that didn't work, I tried starting an actual game then running the script, still, nothing. FYI: Language is in English, since that seemed to cause someone else a problem.

UPDATE: MADE PROGRESS... right clicked the script exe and selected 'Run As Administrator' and this got things working. The script started the game and sent engineers to point and has done nothing else (no other capping or building or enemy action).

21 Mar 2015, 21:08 PM
Donator 11

Haha, that's A LOT of dupes
So cool that you got all of that though, more than I can dream right there :drool:

Thats a very minor part of my dupes, just an exmaple for the more impressive stuff(i have on uscommander also 4 times aswell and so on), overall close to 600 items, so yes, if they introduce something like that i will be ready :D

At this point: I then activate the script [double click script and accept 'run' (i get a prompt) FYI: Language is in English, since that seemed to cause someone else a problem.

language is not a problem anymore, at least with the newest version of the experimental script!

rather the error seems to come from the prompt, its probably your antivirus, right?
my antivirus also asks me wether i want to use a script and it doesnt work even if i accept(and it shows it in the taskbar)!
so i would suggest to try out and download autohotkey and use the normal script on the first site. if this does work, i can send you the code for the original one and it would run!
you dont even need to run it in the game, you can notice the effects on your desktop aswell :)

22 Mar 2015, 14:09 PM

Got it working: right click the script and choose 'Run as Administrator' to start.
Hopefully this info will help someone else, too.

Yes, the script can be running while multitasking with other things, just wait until after the engineers are sent to capture point and then alt/tab back/activate game window just before round ends so the script does its thing.

While idle/AFK, the script breaks after one game and I'm not sure why. I'll experiment more later but I leave the window 'activated' and then go afk, I came back to see the script hijacked my mouse cursor and I couldn't get it back--forced me into a hard restart. My computer doesn't hibernate or go to sleep when programs are running so that can't be the issue. My monitor DOES turn off after a certain time but I wouldn't think this to be an issue.

I'm glad this script was made. I've played for 100's of hours online and never looted any commanders and that shows you how abhorrent the current war spoils system is--that the community has to resort to farming scripts just to enjoy the game.
24 Mar 2015, 11:41 AM
Donator 11

Got it working: right click the script and choose 'Run as Administrator' to start.
Hopefully this info will help someone else, too.

ohm i will add that to the first post, that might be a problem for others too

While idle/AFK, the script breaks after one game and I'm not sure why. I'll experiment more later but I leave the window 'activated' and then go afk, I came back to see the script hijacked my mouse cursor and I couldn't get it back--forced me into a hard restart.

which script did you use? the newest experimental or the normal one? at which point exactly does it stop?

I'm glad this script was made.

you are welcome :)
24 Mar 2015, 14:47 PM

which script did you use? the newest experimental or the normal one? at which point exactly does it stop?

1000Experimental2 .... it has worked flawlessly for two nights. The times the script broke, I can't be sure of the cause. Maybe some sort of power saver or sleep function attempts to turn on and breaks the script? I have all that stuff disabled though, and having the game running should prevent sleeping or powersaving anyway. Strange. I find the script works flawlessly, for me at least, when I have another program running in the background, one that I know wont allow the computer to sleep or something, then I leave it running in the background and this has made everything stable through long afk periods.

In case anyone's curious: I let it idle from 12midnight-8am for two nights and loot 4 warspoils each night. No commanders, yet :( Only 1 warspoil per 90-120 min or so is horrible. No normal person can hope to loot commanders even if they played hard core every night of the week for 8 straight hours. It's a lottery that could take years.

This script is our only hope.
24 Mar 2015, 19:16 PM

Permanently Banned

1000Experimental2 .... it has worked flawlessly for two nights. The times the script broke, I can't be sure of the cause. Maybe some sort of power saver or sleep function attempts to turn on and breaks the script? I have all that stuff disabled though, and having the game running should prevent sleeping or powersaving anyway. Strange. I find the script works flawlessly, for me at least, when I have another program running in the background, one that I know wont allow the computer to sleep or something, then I leave it running in the background and this has made everything stable through long afk periods.

In case anyone's curious: I let it idle from 12midnight-8am for two nights and loot 4 warspoils each night. No commanders, yet :( Only 1 warspoil per 90-120 min or so is horrible. No normal person can hope to loot commanders even if they played hard core every night of the week for 8 straight hours. It's a lottery that could take years.

This script is our only hope.

I've won all okw and USF commanders through normal play. As well as a few for the base factions. I've won all this for free. While its nice to get war spoils you don't really need them. The system itself is shitty, but hey it made it so I don't have to pay for anything anymore.
24 Mar 2015, 20:48 PM
Donator 11

Also got serval USF/OKW commanders and skins through normal playing... if you wouldnt receive duplicates or if they just add something like a trading system it would be fine.
25 Mar 2015, 04:13 AM

but hey it made it so I don't have to pay for anything anymore.

Kind of like saying, "Prison rape isn't great, but hey at least it's free sex."
25 Mar 2015, 05:29 AM

Permanently Banned

Kind of like saying, "Prison rape isn't great, but hey at least it's free sex."

Not at all. WHat I'm saying is, before I wouldn't have paid to get commanders. Now I have premium content, in fact most all from playing the game regularly. It doesn't come regularly or consistently. But over time just looking at all the free commanders I've won, I've gained quite a bit with no drawbacks whatsoever.

I'll just rephrase, it may not be a pretty system, but its a system that can only give you benefits. Only good has came out of war spoils. That is unless you care about bulletins (which quite frankly are worthless, I already have all the bulletins I need), even still free commanders > bulletins.

All if this though ONLY applies to players who played the game and unlocked everything before war spoils, because you got to keep everything. So in my case I not only have all the base commanders and worthwhile bonuses. But now I'm getting free skins and commanders that will continue to come out or the ones I didn't buy before.
25 Mar 2015, 21:20 PM
Donator 11

Not at all. WHat I'm saying is, before I wouldn't have paid to get commanders. Now I have premium content, in fact most all from playing the game regularly. It doesn't come regularly or consistently. But over time just looking at all the free commanders I've won, I've gained quite a bit with no drawbacks whatsoever.

I'll just rephrase, it may not be a pretty system, but its a system that can only give you benefits. Only good has came out of war spoils. That is unless you care about bulletins (which quite frankly are worthless, I already have all the bulletins I need), even still free commanders > bulletins.

All if this though ONLY applies to players who played the game and unlocked everything before war spoils, because you got to keep everything. So in my case I not only have all the base commanders and worthwhile bonuses. But now I'm getting free skins and commanders that will continue to come out or the ones I didn't buy before.

well, a prestige 2 rank 94 guy probably put a lot of hours into this game, so he got a lot of drops. but every other person, who doesnt have that much time, has three choices: 1. either sink money into the ridiculous "pay2win" DLC-system to get at least some good commanders 2. have a disadvantage or 3. farm with this script.

yes, it might be better than before, but you seem to be a bit too optimistic about the "benefits"
1 Apr 2015, 12:01 PM

Hi,

as we all now, the War Spoils System is bad and you need a big amount of time to get commanders, if you dont want to spend huge amounts of money. But with the help of some tools you can farm effectively while being at work, school university or whatsoever.

I got all WFA commanders with this skript besides the rifles company one.

First of all you will need this map made by Havenco(credits to him!):
Pepperidge Farm
favour the map, if you like it!

Now you have to start COH2 in windowed mode:
1. Right-click on "Company of Heroes 2" under the Steam Library and select Properties
2. Select "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..."
3. Write "-window -forceactive" and then click "OK" followed by "CLOSE"

Then you will go to the options menu and change the resolution to 1024*768. This will hopefully decrease the power consumption of the system and ensure, that the skripts click at the right positions. This script does not work without it!
Close the game.

Now you need one of those two scripts:
~15 minutes/game time
~1 hour/game

or you can "make" it yourself by copying this text into a Autohotkey script:

Now start the game. It will (hopefully) be in windowed mode at the left top of your screen.
1. Open a custom game
2. Choose pepperidge farm
3. Choose Standart Ressources, Fixed positions, 250VPs for the first skript, 1000VPs for the second Skript and the "selfmade" skript and a easy AI as enemy
4. Start the skript. Some virusscanners might stop the .exe skripts, in this case you have to make the skript yourself with autohotkey and start the .ahk. You might also need to start it as administrator, if it doesnt work otherwise.
5. Click somewhere in the COH2 window to make it the active one. (you have 10 seconds to do that)
6. Enjoy!
Both Skripts farm a little more than 10 hours, you can of course stop them before that.

I would generally advise you to go with 1000vps because you seem to get more bulletins this way.
Furthermore, the 1000vp skript needs much longer per game and therefore is not that prone to random Performance issues...

If you experience any bugs, have questions or need different timings because your computer is superslow, just write here!

EDIT: USE THE 1000VP SCRIPT. WAR SPOILS SEEM TO BE BUGGED AND GIVE YOU A LOT MORE STUFF PER TIME IF YOU HAVE LONG GAMES!!!

EDIT2: changed the clicking points for new patch. the old scripts wont work anymore unfortunately, so pls download the new version
1 Apr 2015, 12:23 PM

Hi,

this is the smartest thing for a long time, I was doing it manually, but now no need boring session, you can easily leave the pc and bang you girlfriend. For people with issues with that, make you got active windowed mode in launch ptions, resolution changed 1024x768 a primary mark ''run as admin for all users''
3 Apr 2015, 14:53 PM

This do not work for me. With the old script - you have in the first post - they don't start a new game after finished the first one. Stops after showing the statistics.

With the experimental script the the game starts, but it don't click on the button after it loaded the game.

Any thoughts about this?
4 Apr 2015, 20:48 PM

This do not work for me. With the old script you have in the first post they don't start a new game after finished the first one. Stops after showing the statistics.

With the experimental script the script starts the game, but do not click on the button after I loaded the game.

Any thoughts about this?

Yeah it stops there for me as well. Looks like this new patch makes the current scripts not work.
13 Apr 2015, 02:10 AM

Where can I get the new version?
13 Apr 2015, 14:25 PM
Donator 11

you can easily leave the pc and bang you girlfriend.

that is if you have one :D
This do not work for me. With the old script - you have in the first post - they don't start a new game after finished the first one. Stops after showing the statistics.

With the experimental script the the game starts, but it don't click on the button after it loaded the game.
Any thoughts about this?

Yeah it stops there for me as well. Looks like this new patch makes the current scripts not work.

i tried it and cant reproduce your error with the newest experimental ones. could you try and download the stuff below to make sure you have the newest version and then try it again? and if it doesnt work, could you make a screenshot right at the mometn where it stops?

Where can I get the new version?

here
250VP
1000VP
be aware, they might not work because of the new patch.

17 Apr 2015, 03:46 AM

Yeah, new patch killed it, killed it like the Germans killed the Jews. That's how it feels in my heart.

Damn you Apes, damn you straight to hell!
PAGES (68)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight