Login

russian armor

Ardennes Assault - Steam Preorder soon

18 Oct 2014, 19:04 PM

As long as multiplayer isn't changed (except for bug fixes and balance) with the launch of this SP campaign I'm perfectly fine with it's price.

Most players here have stated countless times that they do not care about single player/coop campaigns, and I generally agree. However, there is a large number of casual players who do appreciate content like this and I do not think Relic should abandon them. Ultimately, mission/campaign content like this is more expensive to develop in a video game, so charging $40 is fair, especially because they gave us the western front armies independent of this expansion; rather than charging $60 for the campaign and armies together like previous games/expansions.

With this campaign and the new approach they are taking to separating multiplayer and campaign content, I'd actually suggest to Relic that they also sell the eastern front armies separate from the eastern front campaign and have a 4 army bundle available for purchase as well.

I'd like to see something like this:
campaigns/coop missions: priced by content
individual army: $12.99
western armies: $19.99
eastern armies: $19.99
4 army bundle: $37.99

Anything purchased from this list should unlock the game, independent of the other stuff. Yes I'm suggesting that even minor campaigns like Southern Fronts should be unlockable independent of the main campaigns.

This would allow multiplayer only gamers to ignore the campaign stuff, while allowing the campaign only players to ignore the multiplayer stuff. Seems a fair balance between the two types of gamers that buy CoH. Also, it allow Relic to keep a continuous flow of money coming in, giving revenue for multiplayer patching and balance fixes.
18 Oct 2014, 19:19 PM

Not sure if sarcasm or serious.

Trust me, I'm very serious on this one.
18 Oct 2014, 19:30 PM

Wall of text.

Your idea has a problem. You only have white and black, people how like only MP and people who like only SP.
Sorry man but there is also grey. People who like MP and SP. And with your logic they are fu..ed!

I love this game, i really do and i support it us much as i can but Relic makes it harder and harder with every day that is passing. From day one they make mistakes and keep making them in the name of the 5 Year plan that in my eyes is a 5 year plan to get as much as they can out of our wallets because they know that we love the game and will keep supporting it.
But guess what, pillars of the community left! Why? because of what i wrote above.
Mistake after mistake after mistake and they dont stop.

Sorry MagerBloodnok about that.
I really hope that the community will grow dispite of what i wrote. I really do because i really love this game dispite its flows or mistakes made by Relic.

P.S. I wont buy AA but i hope that it will turn out great, so everybody who will buy it does not get disapointed!

18 Oct 2014, 19:43 PM

Your idea has a problem. You only have white and black, people how like only MP and people who like only SP.
Sorry man but there is also grey. People who like MP and SP. And with your logic they are fu..ed!

I didn't mention them because historically Relic has released their expansions at the current market standard ($60 being the current market standard), which included the single and multiplayer content in one package. Considering the price of both the western armies and ardennes totals to $60, I don't see how the players who enjoy both are screwed over. Had Relic launched the content as they have in the past we would have seen a price tag of $60, I guarantee it.
18 Oct 2014, 20:16 PM

And here I thought relic's WFAs were just gonna be a side note. If you want to make an entirely new game, don't call it an expansion, just price it at 60$,and sell the WFA SP and MP together.
I will not buy this, but I might wait for a major sale.
18 Oct 2014, 20:18 PM

Only 40 euros? I'll pre order or order without any hesitation. I have a good job, 40 euros is nothing. I spend more on a night out drinking. You're all hypocrites who will order the game when it's released regardless the price. This forum is nothing but complaining about Relic while you all play the game and post your vids and replays about how good you are and how good the game is. It's just soooooo uncool to say something good about the developers. And no, I'm no Relic developer, just a gamer who likes this game.

You are totally right matey. Steam must be wrong showing that I haven't played coh2 last 2 weeks, I've got 2 shitty commanders which I've won in the give away, because in fact I've bought everything 5 times, including AA, just to support relic , because they are the best developer ever, heir games are perfect and I've played this game for 335 hours 2 last weeks. And all my hate posts about relic were to show off, so I could be consider to be cool.
18 Oct 2014, 20:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2014, 18:37 PMwillyto

I've not been playing CoH2 over the last 18 months so I'm not aware of everything that happened. I played during the Beta and then decided to wait until the game was on sale. Since they keep secret on everything I was hoping that they must be hiding something but I guess I'm wrong.

I had hope because I can't understand why Relic keep shooting to their own foot ignoring the community and going on their own releasing content no one actually asked for before taking care of the real need of the game and it's community. So for a moment I expected a bit more from them.

They even banned some people asking genuine questions about the DLC in their own stream while they allowed things like that:

As a game developer you can't just ignore criticism and go on your way specially if the criticism is founded in proof and the game itself it's in a bad state regarding bugs and problems with it.

Releasing a DLC won't fix those problems and they can't expect us to trust them now. I would like to play the DLC but of course not for 40€.

They can expect people to buy a game that is been played on an official stream by someone who doesn't even know how to play, it gives bad image to the game. Why would someone be excited about that campaign if a guy from Relic plays that campaing in hardest difficulty and still wins when playing like a newbie?

Lol, Sib wasn't asking genuine questions, he wouldn't be asking those questions at all if they were genuine., because it's quite obvious that Relic doesn't answer those questions. His goal was just to troll and then get banned.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★