Login

russian armor

Wounded/dead soldiers block pathing for infantry.

15 Oct 2014, 00:04 AM

Infantry soldiers that get killed in such a manner that they crawl around block the pathing of units. I understand that there's a straightforward logic to this, but they trip up units trying to maneuver around. Since these units cannot be controlled and are locked into a set animation, they can cause a significant amount of pathing issues.

Many times the direction the wounded soldier takes is directly in the retreat path, reducing an entire squad's speed to a literal crawl.

Furthermore, this is what often turns a mortar shell into a ridiculous pathing nightmare as once bunch up units freak out trying to figure out how to step over their fallen and former comrades.

The aesthetic is nice, but it can be far too often detrimental to gameplay. If they simply just clipped through everything in their dying throes, I think the job would still be accomplished without tripping up the flow of the game.
15 Oct 2014, 01:02 AM

What's odd to me is that living soldiers don't have a problem with clipping, especially in small sections of cover or if ordered to capture a flag.
15 Oct 2014, 01:12 AM

Fun fact: Crawling zombie infantry trip mines.
15 Oct 2014, 01:15 AM

Its a newly introduced mechanic in coh2 where the infantry no longer run through the wounded troops and instead get trapped on them. Kappa Relic needs to add a mechanic where they hop over the wounded infantry. It's how I get 30% of my squadwipes. MVGame
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 157
unknown 7
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak