Login

russian armor

Links in new tabs

13 Oct 2014, 10:28 AM

Hello hello fellow webdesigner here.
I just wanted to mention that I think that it would be more user friendly if links opened in new tabs instead of the current window.
Especially on the trending page it is some kind of disturbing that you look at something, close it and then you can't find the page anymore.
Same thing on the shoutbox.
:-)
13 Oct 2014, 11:14 AM

Hello hello fellow webdesigner here.
I just wanted to mention that I think that it would be more user friendly if links opened in new tabs instead of the current window.
Especially on the trending page it is some kind of disturbing that you look at something, close it and then you can't find the page anymore.
Same thing on the shoutbox.
:-)

sure you already know this, but if you click in a link with the mouse wheel, the link will be oppened in a new tab ;)

so, in my opinion is quite better as it is right now....because people wanting the link to be opened in the same window will have this, but people wanting the link to be opened in a new window will get this behaviour too just using his mouse wheel.

excuse my bad english...

13 Oct 2014, 12:01 PM
Benefactor 115

the general way links work in the web is same window if it's link to same domain/site, new tab/window if link to a different one.
You can click with mousewheel or ctrl+click to open a link in a new tab.

One actual issue the site has is the links to streamers in the homepage, they are made with javascript, for no apparent reason whatsoever, and prevent me from opening in a new tab on some pcs
16 Oct 2014, 03:19 AM
Honorary Member Badge

there is actually an option to make links do that. atleast most of them the text ones. for the replay list it doesn't work. :(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 29
Peru 13
United Kingdom 46
unknown 7
United States 3
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W