Login

russian armor

Learning better micro

15 Oct 2014, 20:50 PM

I think you can also try to improve the position of your camera. Like, if you are microing a tank, you position the camera so that your tank is at one of the edges of the screen. This way you can spot bad things coming out of the fog of war faster. A downside of this is that it takes you longer to reverse your tank, as the area behind your tank is not on the screen! If you still want to reverse fast, you have to give the order on the minimap.

Concerning not using the arrow keys to move the camera, I heard that Starcraft players actually prefer them. The reason is that you do not have to put your cursor in a position where it can not give any meaningful order. In Coh2, I see the problem that the arrow keys are not near other hotkeys, so I agree that using them is bad at the moment.
15 Oct 2014, 23:59 PM

If you need to fine tune your camera use edge scrolling.

I would say the opposite, but I guess it's a matter of habit as well. I use WASD to move the camera around and have all hotkeys I usually need around that so would make no sense for me to use edge scrolling. If you are using standard keys however it'll obviously be a horrible idea to move your hand from ZXC to your arrowkeys just to move the map around a little bit.
16 Oct 2014, 01:46 AM

There is only so far you can go until you realize that the atrocious pathing will fight you every step of the way.
16 Oct 2014, 06:57 AM

I think you can also try to improve the position of your camera. Like, if you are microing a tank, you position the camera so that your tank is at one of the edges of the screen. This way you can spot bad things coming out of the fog of war faster. A downside of this is that it takes you longer to reverse your tank, as the area behind your tank is not on the screen! If you still want to reverse fast, you have to give the order on the minimap.

Concerning not using the arrow keys to move the camera, I heard that Starcraft players actually prefer them. The reason is that you do not have to put your cursor in a position where it can not give any meaningful order. In Coh2, I see the problem that the arrow keys are not near other hotkeys, so I agree that using them is bad at the moment.

False.

Middle-mouse button is the sweet spot for manipulating the camera. Cursor stays where you want it.
16 Oct 2014, 20:01 PM
Patrion 15

I downloaded AHK and remapped the camera controls to asdw and then remapped the hotkeys that were there previous to other things, including my mouse buttons. I also have the tac map on the middle mouse button but I don't use it as much.
16 Oct 2014, 20:48 PM

Permanently Banned
I use - A move, its work :snfBarton:.
16 Oct 2014, 20:57 PM

False.

Middle-mouse button is the sweet spot for manipulating the camera. Cursor stays where you want it.

Ive seen your micro when you strem and I am impressed. Can you give us longtime-noobs some more tips? Example: why is the middlemouse the sweetspot? Or is it purely individual?
16 Oct 2014, 21:45 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

There is only so far you can go until you realize that the atrocious pathing will fight you every step of the way.

I like how you wrote this :) (A civilised and refreshing change from 'Fucking parthing' (sic)
16 Oct 2014, 22:27 PM

I use - A move, its work :snfBarton:.

A-move with shocks? B-)
17 Oct 2014, 05:00 AM

i want to learn to use middle mouse panning. but i hate how its inverted, and i frankly just cant get used to it.
17 Oct 2014, 07:33 AM
Benefactor 115

I downloaded AHK and remapped the camera controls to asdw and then remapped the hotkeys that were there previous to other things, including my mouse buttons. I also have the tac map on the middle mouse button but I don't use it as much.

THIS! using WASD for panning and remapping grid keys works wonders!
I've also got Attack Move on the scrollwheel click, very handy.
Spacebar is great for jumping to the unit that's shouting something
17 Oct 2014, 14:04 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2014, 22:27 PMTNrg

A-move with shocks? B-)

Nope, with kubel :p.
17 Oct 2014, 14:42 PM

Can someone give me an autohotkey tutorial?

I would like the same setup. how do u do this festive?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★