Quality or Quantity tanks

Which one is better ?
Option Distribution Votes
42%
58%
Total votes: 45
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
10 Oct 2014, 17:21 PM

What i mean is panzer IV's VS Tiger, t-34's VS IS-2 panzer II -jagdpanzers VS a king tiger etc. One can always buy like 2-3 T-34's for a IS-2 or 2 panzer 4's for a tiger or more.And one can also keep making those "quantity tanks".What i wonder is,which one is better to go for ? A IS-2 seems to have a lot of punch but not fast as t-34's.And in numbers t-34's can always win.Same goes for panzer IV'S
10 Oct 2014, 18:39 PM

thanks to Relic we can even spam Tigers or IS-2, ISU-152's, for now Tier tanks are not a good idea to spam them while you can have good quality tanks in big numbers
10 Oct 2014, 21:38 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Heavy tanks will live and gain vet while not costing fuel

Medium tanks have to be expendable to fight heavies but are too expensive to be expendable
11 Oct 2014, 01:04 AM

I think it depends on the map and your playstyle. But The only tank worth spamming that isn't from a doctrine is the panther, however teching costs make that very hard to do
11 Oct 2014, 17:29 PM

you have to micro each tank individually to make good use of it. so as you add each tank to your army, the quality of each tank goes down. if i build 2 t34s its so i can repair one while i fight with the other and then swap them out. Only time i might bring in both of them is if the other player tries to make a power player with a big tank and i manage to pin it (so i start sending everything i have at it)
12 Oct 2014, 09:59 AM

Thank you all for answers.:snfAmi: I think il go for a good tank and preserve it and vet it.
13 Oct 2014, 15:21 PM

Spamming doctrinal tanks is what 99% games comes down to.
17 Oct 2014, 15:05 PM

Spamming doctrinal tanks is what 99% games comes down to.

What this man says. Worse, 34/76s are specifically very vulnerable to Tigers, and PIVs are even more vulnerable to IS-2s.
17 Oct 2014, 15:48 PM

Quantity has a quality all it's own
22 Oct 2014, 16:55 PM

If you have many tanks it's hard to micro them specially on small maps with city areas.
22 Oct 2014, 20:25 PM

I think many that play as Americans or Russians don't quite understand the strength in quantity and how it allows for more options overall.

The biggest problem I have ever faced as Germans is never having enough units on the field to counter any large blobbed action.

There always seems to be so many more shocks/rifleblobs and so many more jacksons/shermans that it seems near impossible to take such overwhelming odds head on. You gotta bait them into losing half their force on an assault, blunting themselves against your defenses.
23 Oct 2014, 14:57 PM

Ill just leave this quote by Relic here:

"Allies are more difficult to play as a result of their high unit count and low power ratio per unit. For example, instead of heaving one super heavy Tiger, the USF have two or three Sherman Tanks. In theory, the USF player possesses a relatively similar army value; in practice the execution of this army requires greater coordination. Short term, our goal is to target a few problematic units or upgrades to better align the factional balance. Long term, we will be addressing faction scaling, how the power of a faction compounds into the late game, and difficulty of play related to Allied army composition.

That said, other factors will likely be added to that list as we further investigate some of the challenges players are facing."
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 23
Germany 1
Germany 644

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak