Login

russian armor

Which Cherry MX switch is the best?

10 Oct 2014, 17:06 PM

I'm going to get a new keyboard since my old Logitech G19 have started to develop its own eco system. I've already decided that I am going for the Corsair K70 RGB.

Since I've never owned a mechanical keyboard it would be nice to hear a few words of advice from our fellow CoH2 players. I already know the difference on all the switches and how they sound but it would be really interesting to know which one you use and why? :)
10 Oct 2014, 17:24 PM

blue is my favorite because its not so loud and its quite good
10 Oct 2014, 18:02 PM

short answer: all of them.

which one is best for you? go to a local shop and try them out. i liked the blues best, that's why i got them (the shop didn't have browns though, so i could only test red, blue and black)
10 Oct 2014, 18:14 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

@OP I have the same keyboard as you. I bought mine in August 2012. I was researching mechanical keyboards at that time, but the brown switches were hardly available,and expensive. My space bar has been playing up for some months.... but I looked at your choice, and it does not have the G19 clocks.

I quite like the countdown timer. I am loathe to swap if I had to replace,but if I did,brown switches would seem the best option for me.

13 Oct 2014, 18:32 PM

Using Blue, love da sound and feel.
14 Oct 2014, 10:56 AM

Using browns for gaming and blues for work. But I really prefer browns.

Blues are quite loud so if you have people arround you they might not appriciate the sound.
14 Oct 2014, 15:40 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Browns have the tactile feel of blues but not so damn loud. I use them at work and home (Das Keyboard Silent).
14 Oct 2014, 17:36 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Do you guys have any information on the new Logitech G910 and the switches it uses? Did they release any detail in the US?
14 Oct 2014, 17:46 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

14 Oct 2014, 18:31 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Do you guys have any information on the new Logitech G910 and the switches it uses? Did they release any detail in the US?

It looks like they use a proprietary switch. That said you can get MUCH better keyboards for the money than Logitech.
15 Oct 2014, 10:56 AM

I bought my keyboard from here: http://www.maxkeyboard.com/

I bought the cherry mx red. They aren't as loud as the blues, but require less pressure than the browns (I believe). They're great. They also have all of the bells and whistles you need and if you really want to get fancy, you could buy different keycaps and what not. They're good, sturdy, and simple keyboards.
15 Oct 2014, 12:43 PM

Sorry for late response. The reason I asked is because I live in a very remote area above the arctic circle in Sweden, we really don't have any store up here that you can try the different switches out... :facepalm:

I really like the clicky noice that you get from the blue switches, the louder the better and also that you get a tactile bumb so you actually feel when you've clicked the button enough.

Anyone have a Corsair K70 and could write a small review about how it works when playing coh2? :) K70 RGB is not released in Sweden until the end of this month.
15 Oct 2014, 19:54 PM

I bought Cherry Black, this Keyboard:
http://steelseries.com/products/keyboards/steelseries-6gv2

I quite like it. First Mechanical Keyboard I've owned, it's doesn't have a tactile 'click' half way down it seems, but it suits my heavy handed typing. I use it for both gaming and heavy typing when I'm doing writing and it works quite well for both.

If I'm being honest though,I bought this one because it was the cheapest Mechanical Keyboard in the store, not out of any preference for black.
15 Oct 2014, 22:09 PM
Donator 11

Sorry for late response. The reason I asked is because I live in a very remote area above the arctic circle in Sweden, we really don't have any store up here that you can try the different switches out... :facepalm:

I really like the clicky noice that you get from the blue switches, the louder the better and also that you get a tactile bumb so you actually feel when you've clicked the button enough.

Anyone have a Corsair K70 and could write a small review about how it works when playing coh2? :) K70 RGB is not released in Sweden until the end of this month.

I myself own the K70 MX Browns.

About the K70 build quality, it is very, very nice. I like the anodized black aluminum which gives it really nice look/feel. Mine came with a wrist rest, which is helps if you have some wrist problems. Keys are nicely constructed and cleaning the keyboard is definitely doable. You get 3 LED settings: 1 which is all LEDs on, 2 which is some keys of your choice have LEDs on, or 3 which is whatever you type lights up.

That being said, it is quite a hefty price for a mechanical keyboard, you are pretty much paying for build quality. But it is a solid mechanical keyboard.

Also, if you are considering the MX Blues, just be mindful about the noise. If you aren't irritating anyone with the clicky noise, then by all means go with the blues. Browns aren't quite as loud, but they still provide a bump, just a smaller one.

Playing COH2 on a K70 feels good. Nothing much more could be said.
15 Oct 2014, 22:45 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2014, 18:31 PMBudwise

It looks like they use a proprietary switch. That said you can get MUCH better keyboards for the money than Logitech.

I know, the problem is that there are very few companies that make mechanical keyboards with Italian layout and Logitech is one of those. What about a G710+ , it has cherry mxbrown ^^

That said, which models would you suggest with brown switches? I could try to see on the internet if I find them with the Italian layout :)
15 Oct 2014, 23:29 PM
Benefactor 115

corsair make keyboards with MX browns as well, steelseries or razer may also may keyboards with italian layouts as well.
15 Oct 2014, 23:30 PM

I think red switch is the best for gaming. its key pressure is 45g which is lower than blue swtich and brown switch.

If you buy mechanical keyboard for the first time, I suggest blue switch. It gives you strong mechanical switch feel.

But It absolutely depend on your taste. Go to a local shop and try them out, it is the best way.

I had red,brown,blue switch keyboard, now I settle with ducky shine3(Red switch), and realforce 87u.
16 Oct 2014, 02:08 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Thread needs moar pic

centinewtons!
16 Oct 2014, 09:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2014, 23:30 PMPara
I think red switch is the best for gaming. its key pressure is 45g which is lower than blue swtich and brown switch.

If you buy mechanical keyboard for the first time, I suggest blue switch. It gives you strong mechanical switch feel.

But It absolutely depend on your taste. Go to a local shop and try them out, it is the best way.

I had red,brown,blue switch keyboard, now I settle with ducky shine3(Red switch), and realforce 87u.

Also a Ducky Shine 3 TKL here (browns). Ducky is very good but I do not know if there is a Italian layout. Maybe you can change it your self with the keypuller?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★