Login

russian armor

New to 4 VS 4 ? Read this first !

10 Oct 2014, 16:10 PM

Hello,

If you are not experienced a lot and want to do 4 VS 4 automatch, a good advice would be to play on the axis side. Why ? For those reasons:

- It's easier, and in a team of 4, even if you score less or don't do very well on the terrain, generally your team won't suffer that much from it. Hell, even axis CPU's can hold their grounds with one or two good axis players along them.

- It will be stimulating, you WILL WIN most of the games ! But you will have to wait longer to find a match.

- Since there are few allied players, the ELO system just don't work. You will be match with anybody AGAINST anybody.

- If you play allied you are more likeley to receive unpleasant comments both from your teammates AND from the axis player's.

- Practice in 1 VS 1 to master the game (best balance is there). When you are ready, join automatch. If you want to have a chance of winning, come in with 3 friends, since the ELO is broken - not enough players, and you have to play many matchs to get one (if it was working as intended) ... still you will be match with the 2 or 3 guys crazy enough (or masochist) to choose the allied side.

- Play the Soviets (balance is almost there). Americans are good only in short games. Choke your opponents in less than 15 minutes or you are really going to suffer: americans have no late game units.

​- If you insist on playing americans, bring soviets friend along ...

- Go play another game that is balance in teammatch (4 VS 4) AND fun for ALL sides. It's true that there are not a lot of them out (good game with complex mechanics) there though ...

Anyway, i hope to see you soon on the battlefield.

Call me crazy cheese ...
10 Oct 2014, 16:26 PM
Patrion 14

Hello,

If you are not experienced a lot and want to do 4 VS 4 automatch, a good advice would be to play on the axis side. Why ? For those reasons:

- It's easier, and in a team of 4, even if you score less or don't do very well on the terrain, generally your team won't suffer that much from it. Hell, even axis CPU's can hold their grounds with one or two good axis players along them.

to the point where you meet a real team f your skill level and both teams are playing/coordinating their assess off

- It will be stimulating, you WILL WIN most of the games ! You'll feel powerfull and really skilled !

is this commercial?

- Since there are few allied players, the ELO system just don't work. You will be match with anybody AGAINST anybody.

true that

- Play the Soviets (balance is almost there). Americans are good only in short games. Choke your opponents in less than 15 minutes or you are really going to suffer: americans have no late game units.

americans are very underwhelming is team games but they do have units that soviets don't so murica can do a lot of work if used right

Anyway, i hope to see you soon on the battlefield.

Call me crazy cheese ...

bye crazy cheese. i hope i see you on the battlefield too!
10 Oct 2014, 16:41 PM

New to forums? Read this first (to learn how not to forum)!
10 Oct 2014, 16:50 PM

Well I'm a 1v1 player, and I think 4v4 is for noobs, and relic shouldn't even try to balance it because I personally don't play it. LONG LIVE KT SPAM!!!
10 Oct 2014, 16:51 PM
Patrion 27

My favorite faction to play as is Ostheer but my play partners and I have been strictly Allies lately because it literally feels like cheating to play as Axis in team games. Hence, this post gave me a chuckle.

You cannot make one single mistake as Allies in team games if you want to get a victory. None, zero.
10 Oct 2014, 16:53 PM

That the sad but true state of the game. All he suggest are rather true. You should rather play Axis in random automatches, if you want to have any chances of winning.

But if your are courageous and teamed with 3 others good players you will have a chance to win as allies.

Hopping to meet you on the battlefield crazy cheese !
10 Oct 2014, 17:00 PM

Well I'm a 1v1 player, and I think 4v4 is for noobs, and relic shouldn't even try to balance it because I personally don't play it. LONG LIVE KT SPAM!!!

It's troll like you that kill this good game. Comments like you did are so untrue, so unproductive.

You'd better go play your game mode and let other people who have some friend play with them in team game.

P.S. I would crush you anytime in 1vs1, but your do not worth any second of my time.

G.L.
10 Oct 2014, 17:18 PM

You do know Relic doesn't care right?
10 Oct 2014, 17:20 PM

Hi guys. I have played with SwissCheese. He is a very nice guy. Please don't think he is trying to troll everyone. He is simply stating his observations (which are quite spot on)
10 Oct 2014, 17:31 PM

Alpha and Omega. Me, Myself and I. It's ok and fine with me. Let's just say that 4 VS 4 is for noobs ? (It's not. It's for people enjoying others people, and willing to take risks and to work in a team) Are they not entitled to have some fun ? I think so. Besides, Relic does not market the game saying it's a Fair 1 VS 1 multiplyer only ...

If you look on the internet, many popular games, and different type of games, draw a LOT of people wanting to play together, in teams, versus an another one. And enjoying it too ! They are also quite competitive.

More people, more sales, ELO working, more materials ... Let's just not be narrow-minded, and let's welcome more players.
10 Oct 2014, 17:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 17:20 PMNinjaWJ
Hi guys. I have played with SwissCheese. He is a very nice guy. Please don't think he is trying to troll everyone. He is simply stating his observations (which are quite spot on)

Nope he is trolling, there is already several threads about this, another one will not change anything. Relic is focusing on 1v1 and 2v2 and Obs mode for ELO, 4v4 might get a USF commander with a Heavy tank and the OKW might get some more resource adjustments. But at the end of it all, 4v4 will still be dominated by King Tigers, Jagdtigers, and ISU-152. Most Axis tanks will still be better than Allied tanks and players will still need to L2P and stop running back to the forums to scream about how an entire faction is OP and every unit in it needs to be nerfed.
10 Oct 2014, 17:33 PM

You do know Relic doesn't care right?

I don't think so. It's a difficult task, specially with all the lobbyin out there. But maybe a day will come, that if Relic do indeed not care, maybe the bankers behind them will ...
10 Oct 2014, 17:34 PM

It's troll like you that kill this good game. Comments like you did are so untrue, so unproductive.

You'd better go play your game mode and let other people who have some friend play with them in team game.

P.S. I would crush you anytime in 1vs1, but your do not worth any second of my time.

G.L.
you should look up the word parody. Maybe I should have added a few smiley faces, but I thought the KT thing would get my point across.
10 Oct 2014, 17:40 PM

Permanently Banned
Sad state of balance. where you need to play axis to have fun in team games...

Then again, a good allied team in 4v4 is unstoppable. It hilarious to wreck axis players in 4v4

The sad part is they think they are good
10 Oct 2014, 17:41 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Please calm it, all of you :) (otherwise the Magic Invis Fairy waves her wand - extensively...)
10 Oct 2014, 19:14 PM

I have edited my initial post. After reading it again, there was a sentence that was ambiguous. So i've removed it. This is not a negative or trolling post (not my intention anyway), it's advices for new players so that they can have fun. More players means more fun for all of us.
10 Oct 2014, 19:50 PM

Genuine Question: If 4v4 is so utterly broken, why do you continue to play it instead of moving to 1v1 or even 2v2 (2v2 I understand still has some issues but better than 4v4 from the sounds of it).

I personally hate long matches, and prefer to not have to rely/be relied on by other players so I only play 1v1, but I really want Relic to fix 4v4 so everyone can be happy.
10 Oct 2014, 19:57 PM

I think this game can reach some balance in 3v3 and 4v4, but it needs a lot of pro player feedback, work and time for tweaks from Relic. Other rts popular games like starcraft bw and starcraft 2 needed lot of hard work and time to get some balance, and nowadays 3v3 and 4v4 in sc2 is playable.

I think in COH2 the balance its relativily OK until a german heavy tank arrives to battlefield, no mention if 2 or 3 comes at the same time. They simple have no counter. For example in Sc2 in a 4v4 if the other team make the powerfull colossus you can crush them with air units as a perfect counter unit. Here if a saw a King tiger *and i know its coming 10 minutes before its arrive* there isnt a unit or group of unit for counter it. ALLIES AT arent working vs this kind of unit, tanks are working bad pen that armour and inf at its bad.

Posible solutions would be to only have one per team till it looses it or really decrease tons fuel incomes, so you hardly see one of it in a match.
Or another solution make heavy tank superb weak against bazooka, like a bonus for at inf vs heavy tanks.

srry for my english

10 Oct 2014, 20:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 19:50 PMMadeMan
Genuine Question: If 4v4 is so utterly broken, why do you continue to play it instead of moving to 1v1 or even 2v2 (2v2 I understand still has some issues but better than 4v4 from the sounds of it).

I personally hate long matches, and prefer to not have to rely/be relied on by other players so I only play 1v1, but I really want Relic to fix 4v4 so everyone can be happy.

People believe that they can overcome imbalance if they try hard enough.

Doesnt work out, usually, and its not fair to tolerate it,
10 Oct 2014, 20:34 PM

if fixing 4v4 will break 1v1, i would like Relic to not touch 4v4. If you wanna play balanced, competitive match, you should leave 4v4 and go for 1v1 or 2v2. However, some may just want to have fun, then they might play 4v4.

First of all, bro, you should check yourself whether you want simple daily fun or you want competitive hard core fun. Then play the game in a suitable mode(1v1 or 4v4). That's the way I go for a match.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★