Login

russian armor

OKW Retreating Squads Stuck at Truck

10 Oct 2014, 14:19 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

It happens quite consistently especially if you use your Med Truck for a retreat point. Retreating squads will arrive at the truck and then get stuck on the side of the truck for up to a minute still trying to retreat. It leaves you a) without the squad for some time and b) vulnerable to truck pushes and c) you end up losing a squad or vehicle somewhere else because you're frantically clicking on your bugged squad at your truck to STOP RETREATING.
10 Oct 2014, 14:23 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

10 Oct 2014, 14:27 PM

I noticed this happening to my opponent a lot. Allows me to throw 2/3 grenades/molotovs when I'm nearby :D.
10 Oct 2014, 14:36 PM

Yes, happens a lot to me as well, I suspected it may happen more often if you build your truck next to obstacles like walls or trees, but I am not sure actually if it does anything.
10 Oct 2014, 14:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 14:36 PMgokkel
Yes, happens a lot to me as well, I suspected it may happen more often if you build your truck next to obstacles like walls or trees, but I am not sure actually if it does anything.
I noticed that it doesn't matter if you build it next to obstacles though it will affect a bit. What seems to happen is the members of the squad blocking each other from actually reaching the building. There's a tiny zone that makes them stop being in retreat mode but they're blocking each other from reaching it.

"Get your meal here. Every man for himself"
"Get lost Hans. That's my bread"
"Nein!"
10 Oct 2014, 15:47 PM

Yeah it does seem that the point the squad have to touch to stop retreating is tiny! It's an absolute joke. I had a couple of high vet Obers and Volks stuck at my medic HQ when a priest bombed it and took out the whole lot.

I think what's needed, is a more realistic retreat zone at the base, ie, when a unit gets within a few meters it slows down and walks toward the truck and the retreat disengages when they are within a meter. That means they all collect back at the truck, but not face planting the side of it...?
10 Oct 2014, 16:00 PM

Yes , this happens alot , had me cost 2 squads on retreat the other day because my truck was unter katyusha fire and i could not move them at all.

I hardly ever even get the retreat point because of this
10 Oct 2014, 17:20 PM

Yes , this happens alot , had me cost 2 squads on retreat the other day because my truck was unter katyusha fire and i could not move them at all.

I hardly ever even get the retreat point because of this

Always happens to me.

Its understandable that the medic truck is prey to artillery, but the retreating troops just dont stop retreating. The radius around the medic truck that cancels their retreat needs to be bigger.
11 Oct 2014, 14:49 PM

Always happens to me.

Its understandable that the medic truck is prey to artillery, but the retreating troops just dont stop retreating. The radius around the medic truck that cancels their retreat needs to be bigger.
I take it that you haven't got hit by a B4 howitzer before? I could have avoided it if my men actually stopped retreating and decide to not clump up into one tiny ball.

"We are Legion"
nee
13 Oct 2014, 03:14 AM

Yeah they need to make the retreat point an area around the truck, not a specific point. Same thing with the Major.
13 Oct 2014, 07:12 AM

Getting some wire/sandbag around the truck can help :)
14 Oct 2014, 10:15 AM

I have reported this issue back in alpha phase, and nobody cared...
This happens a lot. Squads fall back, even medics start healing them,yet you can not select or reinforce them (still on retreat).
14 Oct 2014, 10:38 AM

Your troops have just drank to many buds. I tend to stick my truck next to some green cover. I then stick the healers behind that. If I experience the trapped troops with a certain park, I just make sure I don't park that way again. I have also pushed troops out of being trapped with another truck. Lame ass bug.

14 Oct 2014, 16:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2014, 14:49 PMsteel
I take it that you haven't got hit by a B4 howitzer before? I could have avoided it if my men actually stopped retreating and decide to not clump up into one tiny ball.

"We are Legion"

I have seen retreated waves obliterated by the B4 on friendly trucks, but i usually get the katyusha which always has this one rocket that lands on the 1m x1m space where 10 guys decided to merge into the uber insta-killED target.
14 Oct 2014, 17:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2014, 10:15 AMRMMLz
I have reported this issue back in alpha phase, and nobody cared...
This happens a lot. Squads fall back, even medics start healing them,yet you can not select or reinforce them (still on retreat).

Feel like it does it a bit on the base truck too, so in the heat of battle, you still try to box your units, then spam "R" to reinforce, just to end up researching the retreat point on your medic truck, which is already parked in your base. Thanks Relic!<444>_<444>
11 Nov 2014, 15:25 PM

The dying OKW infantry block the retreat of there squad mates happening way too often.

Dint want to create a new bug post as this thread seems to have similar problem highlighted
15 Nov 2014, 13:42 PM

And the question remains; why doesn't Relic just do a hot-fix?

Is It really that hard for then? Answer, yes. For them it is like trying to understand all the mysteries of the universe.

I just cannot understand their level of incompetence sometimes.

(No one can stop me criticizing Relic expect for Relic themselves and I cannot wait for that day!)
Only Relic postRelic 27 Nov 2014, 03:16 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I've poked the team on this.
27 Nov 2014, 04:02 AM

Same thing happens to USF but not as bad. 20 seconds is as long as I have seen them stuck retreating. With the USF it seems to be related to what retreat path the units take and how the USF base is angled on the map. It may be the same with how the medic truck is laid on the map.
27 Nov 2014, 04:43 AM
Benefactor 115

I've found that this only happens when you have multiple units at the HQ. The bugged squad can't get to the retreat point as another squad (or squads) are in the way. If you move the squads that are "blocking" then the bugged unit finishes its retreat.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS