russian armor

Spray paint can & gray cover

10 Oct 2014, 10:10 AM
Donator 11

Top right on the player card

And left to the mouse
10 Oct 2014, 10:15 AM

Cool spot!

The spray icon looks like it's some kind of player tag or avatar, hopefully it's a clan tag feature too!

Gray cover? I don't know but maybe it's some kind of terrain that allows for camouflage but not actual real cover? Not sure I'd like that though....
10 Oct 2014, 10:17 AM

I think gray cover is to represent no cover nor negative cover. You know regular open ground.

Maybe the spray paint is for tanks without any camouflage.
10 Oct 2014, 10:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 10:17 AMsteel
I think gray cover is to represent no cover nor negative cover. You know regular open ground.

Maybe the spray paint is for tanks without any camouflage.

PLEASE YES!!!!! Grey German tanks please! :hyper:
10 Oct 2014, 10:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 10:28 AMSeeker

PLEASE YES!!!!! Grey German tanks please! :hyper:
Who doesn't want dunkelgrau on their tanks anyway?
10 Oct 2014, 10:51 AM
Patrion 14

goddammit sirlami :snfCHVGame:
10 Oct 2014, 11:05 AM

Nice pick up!

Interested to see what's that all about.
10 Oct 2014, 11:07 AM

My partisan spy network reveals that Relic will release these 2 things and modding tools in the observer mode introduction update. Beer and vodka will be introduced for the troops as well.:snfCHVGame:
10 Oct 2014, 12:10 PM
Patrion 14

My guess is that they're divisional emblems. That would leave some room for imaginary ones, like clan markers, without breaking immersion too much.

Though they did spray all sorts of names and slogans on the tanks, too..

I'm just hoping they don't go all World of Tanks on this, all those Polish flags and whatever random siema kurwa stuff on those tanks is silly.
10 Oct 2014, 12:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

the spray is like the ones used in the worldcup. once sprayed no squad can cross the line :D
10 Oct 2014, 12:28 PM

Nice finds, hopefully we'll get the update soon and find out what it's about.
10 Oct 2014, 14:22 PM

I hope the spray paint can is for custom faction colors and replaces that awful blue stripe on the side of every vehicle. As for the grey cover, I can see that as helping new players who are still getting used to the cover system, plus might help more veteran players recognize when a squad dumbly moves out of cover for any number of stupid/buggy reasons.
10 Oct 2014, 16:56 PM

Grey cover seems to be replacing the yellow dots that are default but also light cover. Good idea, since less experienced people could easily assume everything is light cover and only bother with green dots. It'd also help veterans because when you put a squad in light cover, you'd also see if anyone is out of cover. I'm not sure why yellow dots were used to represent no cover and light cover to begin with, but this is a welcome change, however small.

2 theories on spraypaint:
- Could be for colouring captured tanks, such as a captured Panzer IV being repainted Green.
- Could be default colour like others have said. I hope for this (with proper restrictions, no hot pink clown kubels), because:

:hyper:
10 Oct 2014, 17:00 PM

Grey cover seems to be replacing the yellow dots that are default but also light cover. Good idea, since less experienced people could easily assume everything is light cover and only bother with green dots. It'd also help veterans because when you put a squad in light cover, you'd also see if anyone is out of cover. I'm not sure why yellow dots were used to represent no cover and light cover to begin with, but this is a welcome change, however small.

- Could be for colouring captured tanks, such as a captured Panzer IV being repainted Green.
- Could be default colour like others have said. I hope for this (with proper restrictions, no hot pink clown kubels), because:

It would also be cool if you could modify and add on insignia and edit tank numbers. Good looking tanks matter.
10 Oct 2014, 17:21 PM

The reason I would be wary of a designable tank insignia system is how many penis tanks would be rolling around....

The amount of, "My tank's c**k is bigger than yours, lololol.", would ruin in-game chat.
10 Oct 2014, 17:23 PM

The reason I would be wary of a designable tank insignia system is how many penis tanks would be rolling around....

The amount of, "My tank's c**k is bigger than yours, lololol.", would ruin in-game chat.

Perhaps an ingame set amount of insignia that cant be edited and are war appropriate - not custom insignia of your own, but still being able to customize your tanks.

Special markings on certain tanks instead of every vehicle being part of a generic unit.

(Also would be cool if German tanks gain rings on their barrel for every vehicle killed)
10 Oct 2014, 17:46 PM
Donator 11

I saw yellow cover and grey cover used together, so i would assume that grey color shows what squad members will not be in no cover
10 Oct 2014, 18:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 17:46 PMSirlami
I saw yellow cover and grey cover used together, so i would assume that grey color shows what squad members will not be in no cover

That's what I meant, I worded my post badly. Basically the current system is:

Open Cover
No Cover
Light Cover
Heavy Cover

and the new one is

Open Cover
No Cover
Light Cover
Heavy Cover
10 Oct 2014, 18:37 PM

So yellow cover was not always light cover?
Hm maybe that's why I lose so often :/
10 Oct 2014, 18:38 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

That's what I meant, I worded my post badly. Basically the current system is:

Open Cover
No Cover
Light Cover
Heavy Cover

and the new one is

Open Cover
No Cover