Login

russian armor

Any good use of 7.5cm le.IG 18 Infantry Support Gun in 1v1?

10 Oct 2014, 03:30 AM

For me,I never build it.Stuka is always a better choice.Long range indeed,but the poor damage doesn't worth 435.
10 Oct 2014, 05:43 AM

I suppose it worth it only if you need to get some sort of indirect fire AND avoid spending fuel on Wurfrahmen in order to get KT or JT faster.

When I play AGAINST le.IG it is more just annoying than effective.
10 Oct 2014, 19:45 PM
Donator 11

In team games they can be neat, especially on rather small maps, like Ettel or Lienne. Combined with Sturm Officer you get decent and constant indirect fire for no fuel cost, which allows you to tech faster for T3, or even your fancy JT.

It works best in a plain supportive role for 2v2, better 3v3+.

Also works nicely with Fort doc. In this case you can even try to skip every tech besides T1, and go for MG34s, ISGs, JPs, and fancy PAK43 - you pretty much got everything covered like this.
(1-2 Volks & SPios won't hurt ofc)

Most important is that your other two or three mates don't fast tech for some Stuka, or try a defensive approach as well... that won't work. You pretty much can't take any major losses yourself.

just my 2 cents for "braindead" team games.
10 Oct 2014, 19:46 PM
Patrion 310

Usually combined with the flak truck and/or mgs they work decent (not great) against suppressed squads. Hollow charge barrage ability also does decent dps against armor. Since OKW at guns sucks its nice to have long range AT.
More importantly, T1 allow OKW to quicktech T3 and give FHQ healing and reinforcement which are very important in team games.. Imo unless big patch changes happen with the metagame evolving T1-T3 openings will soon become standard in 2vs2.

Stuka is best ofc but T2 is a huge fuel sink which delay all the good T3 units OKW get to counter many different strategies. With the guards button nerf OKW T3 are more very effective vs Soviet T1 openings than T2 with luchs, obers and panther. Obers also can fire lmgs on the move which can kill snipers in one burst.
Stuka might seem good against soviet T2-T3, but once the T34-76s come out it easy to lose the stuka if caught offguard without volks shreaks defending.

Stuka is primary effective in team games on large maps where allies can have trouble hearing the stuka firing the missiles if not zoomed in correctly.
On the small 1vs1 maps, stuka are easier to dodge and the fuel investment leave OKW vulnerable to a tank push.

2vs2 double OKW vs double soviet, stuka investment is also very risky without a pak43 to defend against a T34/85 tank spam where all you have is pumas and volks. OH+OKW, stuka could work if OH defend well with pak40. But in 2vs2 random I rarely see OH players support the OKW player well with pak40 guns.

Stuka is abit overrated because its very situational and depends alot on maps and correct timings. Get the stuka without good timings and map awareness will result in many lost games against good players that have good timing attacks with medium tank spam. Personally when I play 2vs2 random I hate when the OKW player goes Stuka first because then I have to babysit OKW with pak40 (if OH) and or pak43 or its gg once the allied medium tank push comes. Double soviet with fuel caches can make very strong timing attacks with 4-6 T34-85 tanks when all OKW player with stuka have is maybe 1-2 pumas. Good luck defending against that if caught offguard. Instead of the stuka, double OKW could have two panthers out in time to deal with allied medium tanks (or one saving for KT and stall with pak43).
11 Oct 2014, 00:56 AM

I suppose it worth it only if you need to get some sort of indirect fire AND avoid spending fuel on Wurfrahmen in order to get KT or JT faster.

When I play AGAINST le.IG it is more just annoying than effective.

More just annoying than effective,I can't agree more.
22 Oct 2014, 12:54 PM

My play is to buy it as a counter, if the enemy is camping in buildings.
23 Oct 2014, 14:45 PM

Does anyone use it in conjunction with the Infra Red HT? I tried this the other day and it got some pretty good use and even (shock, horror) gained vet levels. I just park the IR truck somewhere safe and then look for units in buildings or engineers repairing vehicles, units capping etc in the fog, thinking they are safe and use the Le.ig to bombard those areas. Usually the opponent isn't paying attention and you get some good damage in
3 Nov 2014, 05:03 AM
Patrion 310

I won one recent 2vs2 random against Lemon (USF) & Ciez (soviet) which show why ISG are good at defending flak trucks against AT guns and a fast luchs prevent allied from beeing aggressive until they have at least one tank. At short distance against stationary targets such as AT guns or suppressed squads ISG are pretty decent. But at long range they kinda suck.

3 Nov 2014, 05:36 AM

thing is pretty damn useless

I've trained it on regular old mortar teams out in the open, and it takes forever to do any real damage. Garbage.

11 Nov 2014, 11:28 AM

I think it's not cost efficient at all, compared to the American counterpart or even mortar teams.
11 Nov 2014, 13:11 PM

As said by Lemonjuice and I've used it a few times, it can actually be decent vs a lot of infantry next to your medic truck or just a general protected position up field, i.e. keep it behind a hedge and use range. Can get 15-20 kills/game (~600% efficient), but it depends on the strategy and your opponent. Best vs rifle spammer/blobber.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 44
Germany 30
Germany 81
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %