Login

russian armor

Which T0 Upgrade is Necessary?

9 Oct 2014, 16:49 PM

Hi guys. Which T0 upgrade, if any, do you get and why?

I find that I can win games without the Medics because it is very expensive. Hell, you can get by the entire game without any Conscript upgrades. I stopped getting the Molotov because the throwing time is way too slow, and players can just move out of the way. Right now I am experimenting with just AT Nades as an upgrade.

What about everyone?
9 Oct 2014, 16:59 PM

Always medics no matter what, either yourself or your team mate. Just think about it, having fully healed squads compared to having a bunch of squads averaging on 75% health when fully reinforced really makes a difference. You can stay in the fight much longer and when you have a fully healed squad you don't lose fire power as fast when it takes longer for the opponent to pick off models from it.

If I build more than one Conscript I am always very tempted to get AT nades. I usually skip molotovs unless we're only up against Ostheer.
9 Oct 2014, 17:05 PM

Medics are a great addition.
Molotovs and AT nades depends, but I usually get every T0 upgrade.
9 Oct 2014, 17:10 PM

Medics and AT nades are a must have. Even though AT nades deflect a good number of times from medium and hevier vehicles, damaging the engine of the lighter vehicles and taking them out with an AT gun or other support units is potentially game changing.
9 Oct 2014, 17:13 PM

Medics pay for themselves super fast , you should get them before 10 minutes usually
9 Oct 2014, 17:52 PM

How early should I get medics and after how many units??
9 Oct 2014, 19:11 PM

I always get medics, timing depends on how I'm doing in the early game. If my squads are fine and all healthy I'll invest in more troops, otherwise I'll go earlier medics.

I usually get Molotovs after my third Cons squad, but if I'm going with a T1 heavy build I usually ignore in favor of Penal flamers.

AT Nades depends on the way the game pans out. Usually get these a bit later.
9 Oct 2014, 21:53 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I usually get medics after my initial build:

Con
Con
Con
Mol

Pen
M3
Pen
M3

I will either be expecting someone to retreat soon, or be floating for guards and have spare MP, or be seeing what happens before I commit to a tech choice

If I am going Maxims I may delay it later than that
10 Oct 2014, 06:10 AM

Depends if the commander you pick has a upgrade/skill for cons, if they do (Like PPSH)then yes, get all three. If not, just get medics.

(or if you get partisans, get all three asap)
10 Oct 2014, 06:18 AM

My usual T0 upgrade is most always medics. If I'm playing 2vs2 with my mate, then we might do common medics early game but at mid/late game other will also create also medics. This is because then there's a lot of hurt infantry on the field and healing times would be really long then.

Molotovs I build if map has really critical buildings (e.g. Semo) or if I have radio intercept / I notice there's a lot of MG's on the field. Although the animation is slow, if you manage to land molotov to MG it will do some serious damage.

AT nades is almost no brainer also. It's only the matter of when to build. If I see 2x OkW, then I will do maybe 2 cons and then AT nades for early Kubels. The only time I might not tech AT nades is if I go heavy T1 build and don't do that many conscripts.
12 Oct 2014, 01:07 AM

i try to make sure to get the medic upgrade before my second retreat (so usually after my first conscript retreats and i send him back out.. so the next retreating unit will have the benefit)

i rarely dont get molotovs. theyre easy to see and dodge, but they provide important area denial, for isntance forcing an MG to pack up and move, or forcing someone out of a garrison or out of green cover.

At grenades i get depending on how i feel things are going. if conscripts are my only AT capable unit, or if i have alot of them, and i see vehicles coming out, then i grab it. other times i'll either not get it or ill get it later on. Its a relatively cheap upgrade that can be hugely useful if your conscripts are in the right spot.
14 Oct 2014, 07:46 AM

I generally get a couple units for early game - 2 scripts, 1 HMG, 1 mortar then get AT nades. Depending on how things go I then get the Medic upgrade and then an AT gun (or vice-versa). After that your squads are healing to full strength, you have enough AT for armoured cars, halftraks, Luchs etc. and enough stuff to cap and hold land etc.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★