Login

russian armor

My Guide on Axis Fanboys

9 Oct 2014, 20:01 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2014, 19:45 PMOhme

Pretending you're a master debater by calling out other peoples fallacies (while simultaneously using them yourself) does not automatically make them wrong, and you right.

Wow dude. If that's the impression from my post you couldnt be more wrong and in fact I'm quite offended.

Just lock this thread please. Like I said before this was just gonna turn into a flame war.
9 Oct 2014, 20:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

Wow dude. If that's the impression from my post you couldnt be more wrong and in fact I'm quite offended.

Just lock this thread please. Like I said before this was just gonna turn into a flame war.

The problem is larger than just this thread, and I accused you of nothing.
9 Oct 2014, 22:06 PM

In my experience, fanboys in "opposite" camps tend resemble each other far more than they resemble less fanatical members of their own "side."

CoH2 I think fosters a better environment for axis fanboys because regardless of overall balance, the German factions tend to get "better" units. For instance, Germans get Panthers as a stock tank compared to Soviet T34/76s. Doesn't necessarily make for imbalance, but it's a little hard to become a devoted follower for a faction whose units are mostly 1941/1942 in a game that is for the most part set in 1944.
9 Oct 2014, 22:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2014, 19:45 PMOhme
I am tempted to lock this thread, but my faith in you lot is great, if ill-advised. Keep it together folks.

And this is why we can't have nice things :(

Ontopic:
-But the utility is too damn high!!
-X unit is fine because Y units is also OP. "We need it".
-Tiger Ace is not OP (December)
-Gren G43 spam into Elite is not OP (March)
10 Oct 2014, 06:32 AM

Just remember, just because OKW can rush a suppressing unit to your base and lock you down in your home sector for a good part of the elary game gaining lots of ground and resources doesn't mean you can go on the forums and ask for it to be nerfed.

Because for all Axis fanboy magic there solution for dealing with there own units is to "Flank It".

"Flank it" is apparently the counter to everything Axis has, according to Axis fanboys.

So when in doubt: Flank it. Flank it right into there vet-5 volk-shreck-blobs.
10 Oct 2014, 07:43 AM

I play mainly Axis and I would like to see T-34 buffed. IMO I think it should be able to do more than annoy a PIV 1v1, however for this it would need a buff and a slight price increase, not much maybe 110? Also SU-76 needs something done with it, it is as bad as Panzerwerfer, maybe a bit worse.

BUT... there are some Axis units that need help too, like flame halftrack timing, or Sturmpanzer IV price. Really there are fanboys on both sides, just Axis ones are more dominant since more play Axis.
10 Oct 2014, 07:45 AM

Just remember, just because OKW can rush a suppressing unit to your base and lock you down in your home sector for a good part of the elary game gaining lots of ground and resources doesn't mean you can go on the forums and ask for it to be nerfed.

Because for all Axis fanboy magic there solution for dealing with there own units is to "Flank It".

"Flank it" is apparently the counter to everything Axis has, according to Axis fanboys.

So when in doubt: Flank it. Flank it right into there vet-5 volk-shreck-blobs.

but I heard that if you get 1 conscript behind the KT, the KT will just outright explode or was I lied to by the axis players.
10 Oct 2014, 07:51 AM

but I heard that if you get 1 conscript behind the KT, the KT will just outright explode or was I lied to by the axis players.

The conscripts will merge into the KT and take control over it, of course.

"Flank it" is such a lovely phrase though. But never try suggest it as a counter to an ISU, because that just ain't happening.
10 Oct 2014, 07:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 07:51 AMCruzz

The conscripts will merge into the KT and take control over it, of course.

"Flank it" is such a lovely phrase though. But never try suggest it as a counter to an ISU, because that just ain't happening.

Are you sure because I have thrown everything at it including my T-34 with their amazing speed that a KT can do with overdrive, I want to be sure that it actually happens as I am yet to get a conscript behind the KT.
10 Oct 2014, 08:48 AM

I liked the original post as it was humerous and to be honest me and a couple of clan buddies get a good few laughs out of some of the ridiculous posts made here by fanbois (on both sides!) - this was a great culmination of some of the classic responses and indeed I'd love to see an Allied one also!

But I've said it before and I will say it again - I paid for all factions in this game and I'd love to be able to enjoy all of them! At the moment that's just not possible and I believe that's largely down to some balance issues that are exaggerated in larger games.

Like it or not, it seems Relic needs to be as enthusiastic about the Allied units as they are for the Axis ones. Don't get me wrong I don't think Germans are hideously over powered or that asymmetrical balance can't work, but something is clearly lacking as at present we CAN'T enjoy all factions at the moment as to play competitively against other players you are usually forced to wait silly wait times because of large numbers of players preferring to play Axis in auto match.

The only time I can enjoy Axis is in custom games and comp-stomps and that's disappointing.

Disappoint!
10 Oct 2014, 08:53 AM

Question:

Do you think "german fanboys" and "allied fanboys" are equal terms? Are there differences between them?
10 Oct 2014, 08:54 AM

But I've said it before and I will say it again - I paid for all factions in this game and I'd love to be able to enjoy all of them!

Best phrase in the thread.
10 Oct 2014, 11:02 AM

Kubel is bad vs USF, because Soviet M3A1 obliterates it, so it should be buffed. #FlawedLogic
10 Oct 2014, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 08:53 AMJohnnyB
Question:

Do you think "german fanboys" and "allied fanboys" are equal terms? Are there differences between them?

I think they are equal and both exist. I think the recent months have featured several very vocal and infamous Axis fanboys. Some of my examples have come straight from their mouths because they were outlandish and flawed (imo) in the context of the game and history. But it is easy for me to use their comments, since they have been very vocal and active on the forums. However, I am sure in time I can pick up some things from Allied fanboys.

I think generally Allied fanboys need to understand that some things are done for the sake of gameplay. If the game is too realistic, then Germans would have a difficult time such as being outnumbered, thousands of tanks rolling over you, never-ending air strikes etc. Some things are done. In the context of a video game, things have to be compromised in order for it to be fun for both sides. If we had Tiger tanks magically breakdown while traveling to the frontlines, it would cause much frustration amongst German players.

My issue with Axis fanboys lies mainly in their use of historical myths or stereotypes to justify the status quo (which i think is Axis-favored) in COH2. There is some kind of strange belief that Germans were superior in every way possible while ignoring some of their blunders/bad points. This is why I feel that the word "asymmetric balance" is thrown around so much when talking about German units. They have the best AI, AT, and Armor. People will use very selective and one-sided statements to justify why some German units have such advantages.

In short, Allied fanboys need ot understand that for COH2, gameplay comes first, The game needs to be fun for both sides. For Axis fanboys, I think they need to realize that they can't have the statistically best units (and using selective statements to support why)and that this causes issues with the other side.

The above paragraph sounds almost contradictory (Gameplay>realism vs Realism>gameplay) but I strongly believe a healthy balance of both can be done that satisfies both Allied and Axis players.

I am getting a little offtopic now but I believe these changes can solve a lot of the polarity and antagonism here

1. Each faction should have reliable and effective counters for all units (ties into next point)
2. These solutions must be nondoctrinal. Every core unit of a faction must serve a purpose and be effective in countering other units
3. All commanders are unique and strategically viable.
4. Remove the excessive reliance on commanders (especially Soviet)
10 Oct 2014, 15:21 PM
Donator 11

Why on earth would anyone quote katitof? :loco:

ps. im axis fanboy and so what. i just dont like allied faction design.
10 Oct 2014, 15:48 PM

Permanently Banned
ninja. don't try to divide the player base.

play all factions

I honestly cant take u seriously. u have over 600 post yet have miserable stats.

I don't want to sound like an ass. yet, YOU NEED TO PLAY MORE. GET BETTER

I have the feeling that u are a forum lurker

10 Oct 2014, 16:09 PM

He doesn't need to divide the player base. It already is. Allied vs Axis. 1v1 overlords vs the 4v4 casuals. coh2.org vs companyofheroes.com vs reddit.com/r/companyofheroes.

10 Oct 2014, 16:18 PM

Well, it could be funny. I think i'm too sensitive. It makes me wanna cry ...
10 Oct 2014, 16:26 PM

ninja. don't try to divide the player base.

play all factions

I honestly cant take u seriously. u have over 600 post yet have miserable stats.

I don't want to sound like an ass. yet, YOU NEED TO PLAY MORE. GET BETTER

I have the feeling that u are a forum lurker

Check my AT Ratchet. I have even played with you. I have about 200 games played. I don't own WFA by the way. My stats are actually quite good. I think I am about 100-78 so more than .500 win rate as a 4v4 Allied player (with a handful of games as Ostheer).

I am very surprised you made those comments seeing as how we even played together in three games.
10 Oct 2014, 16:45 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2014, 16:26 PMNinjaWJ

Check my AT Ratchet. I have even played with you. I have about 200 games played. I don't own WFA by the way. My stats are actually quite good. I think I am about 120-78 so more than .500 win rate as a 4v4 Allied player (with a handful of games as Ostheer).

I am very surprised you made those comments seeing as how we even played together in three games.

not saying u are a bad player. yet u need to play all factions..

dont take this the wrong way.

u need to have many games with all factions. ur eyes will be opened
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight