Login

russian armor

Mobile Defense Com and Pak 43 (ninja) changes?

9 Oct 2014, 12:24 PM

Heh I must have missed the memo, because at some point the Mobile Defense Commander got some adjustments, Counter attack tactics was reduced by 10 munitions to 35 and the Ostruppen call in, from 500 manpower to 420. I can't see the patch notes for these changes ^_^

Reckon they are worth their respective costs now? I always liked the counter attack ability, useful for quickly capping high worth points like fuel/munitions/CP and as Ostheer, you can tend to have them ninja decapped by opponents in the early game as you have to stay compact in the 1st few engagements.

The Ostruppen, still in the lap of the RNG gods, but they seem at least worthy of consideration now, 210 manpower cost per squad effectively, with a decent chance of vet and the jackpot, an LMG.

As an aside, the Pak 43, available in other commanders, it is only 10 pop cap now, before it was like 18. They documented the range change (reduced) and slight increase in cost, but I did not see the pop cap change mentioned.

Just a pity, the call in tanks from allied commanders, usually have an arty strike ability that nullify the PAK 43 somewhat. Still, the normal pak is a beast, but would you consider the PAK43 instead now or stick to the more mobile, smaller variant?
9 Oct 2014, 19:26 PM

Its great...my personal favorite commander in 1v1 vs USF

I find every ability and call in extremely effective. I dont always go for Ostruppen, it depends on the situation but..Pumas destroy any vehicle, light (AAHT and M20) and medium armored (although at range). The command Tank is also great for holding territory with the defense modifier and is a great infantry killer.

Ill go: 3-4 Grens, 1-2 HMGS,2x PAK40s, ,Pgrens, 2x Pumas, Command Tank. This deals with anything US has. (altho I must say while this is quite strong at the 20min mark, i HAVE lost to longer games where US got 3-4 EZ8s....those are a problem!)

Quick capping and smoke are very useful obviously!

The only thing that is absent is some sort of call in artillery...if it had that it would be OP! XD

somehow ...I cant use it effectively vs Soviets....probably because of Heavy Armor. If anyone has a good strat using this against soviets, Id love to hear it.
10 Oct 2014, 11:10 AM

IMO 2 x Pz.IV is better than 2 x Puma + Command Pz. Iv
15 Oct 2014, 06:42 AM

I like Ostruppen because it stops suicidal play. Allies will go all out to decrew weapons crews and lose more manpower than I will. Then I push them off and recrew with Ostruppen which cost 10 mp per model. You are bleeding the allies dry that way. And Ostruppen with Vet 3 are really frigging tough. You can just use them to gently turn the tide of battle. They won't win 1on1 versus anything but any of your squads + ostruppen should always win. They are good against vehicles because you can use them in green cover on your flanks and any tank or vehicle that attempts to flank will get fausted.

My general strategy is to go light on tier 1 (only 2 grenadier squads and an HMG) and then use call in Ostruppen. Then you can go nuts on things that use crews. Usually 2 paks, another hmg and a mortar. If anything gets decrewed, just recrew with cheap ostruppen. If they are vet 3 ostruppen, then the squad can even tank pretty well. With a command tank, you can effectively pretty much hold any corner of the map (but usually the center).

The problem with the doctrine is the lack of a munitions sink. There's no artillery or anything so I end up floating a lot of munitions. You can get a bunch of mine fields I guess but my pios are usually repairing my pumas and command tank.

The other problem is the lack of power to deal with big stuff. A big push with an IS2 or worse 2 and flanking infrantry can be very hard to hold. The frontal armor is pretty much impenetrable and pumas are very vulnerable while flanking. Just keep everything in cover and use that command tank's bonus.

The Pak43 seems suited for smaller maps where you can control flanks more easily like Langres. It can get decrewed but recrewing isn't that big a deal. I don't think it's a particularly good idea to play passively on most maps though since the pak34 can't cover everything on the larger maps.
15 Oct 2014, 08:33 AM

My general strategy is to go light on tier 1 (only 2 grenadier squads and an HMG) and then use call in Ostruppen.

Well, IIRC the OT call-in comes at 3CP in this doc, so you really can't do this with Mobile Defense IMO.
15 Oct 2014, 08:53 AM

Its great...my personal favorite commander in 1v1 vs USF

Ill go: 3-4 Grens, 1-2 HMGS,2x PAK40s, ,Pgrens, 2x Pumas, Command Tank. This deals with anything US has. (altho I must say while this is quite strong at the 20min mark, i HAVE lost to longer games where US got 3-4 EZ8s....those are a problem!)

Quick capping and smoke are very useful obviously!

That´s an interesting build with double Puma! I will have to check it out.

How do you proceed in late game? Do you go Panzer IV or Panther?
15 Oct 2014, 20:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2014, 08:53 AMCasTroy

That´s an interesting build with double Puma! I will have to check it out.

How do you proceed in late game? Do you go Panzer IV or Panther?

I usually rely on the Pumas and Paks to fight off US armor (remember I dont use this Doctrine vs Soviets because of Heavy Armor). So basically you can skip T3 and T4. Your Pumas and Paks can take care of any US armor....and the rest of your units including the command Tank can fight off Infantry.

That said...if game drags on very long...and you are facing 3 or more EZ8s ..I would recommend T3 P4s.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★