Login

russian armor

Fantasy Faction II: Core Infantry

• This thread is locked
Which Core Infantry?
Assault Grenadiers T0Assault Engineers T0Conscripts T0Osttruppen T0Riflemen T0Volksgrenadiers T0Grenadiers T1Penals T1Pathfinders CP1Partisans CP1Irregulars CP1
Option Distribution Votes
1%
0%
4%
3%
19%
29%
32%
6%
0%
1%
3%
Total votes: 68 (Locked)
8 Oct 2014, 23:57 PM
Honorary Member Badge

So, after part I there was a clear preference for the Sturmpioneers, getting twice as many votes as anyone else.

http://www.coh2.org/post/update/post_id/227861

Now, we move onto infantry and I shall explain how this structure works because it cannot be looked at in isolation.

There will be three parts to this that will get voted on in order:

Core Infantry

Elite Infantry

Weapon Unlock

Core Infantry will be chosen from all infantry available from 1st building, immediate call in or CP1.

Elite Infantry will be all infantry available from CP1 or later, 1st or 2nd buildings

So some units will be in both lists

Units will have all abilities and upgrades available to the unit (eg Grenadier LMGs)

Upgrades that must be unlocked before purchase (eg: Molotovs, BARs) will be on the third list and will be available to all infantry in the faction but only one can make the final selection.

This means for example that conscripts, should they be voted in, will have access to only one upgrade so will only be able to have Molotovs or ATGrenades not both

Hope that is clear and that I have not forgotten anyone on that list
8 Oct 2014, 23:58 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I have voted Volksgrens, as they have the shrek without compromising AI nor PGrens tendancy to drop them, are cheap and can be used through the game.

Cold Immunity is also handy
9 Oct 2014, 00:57 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Close call, but i will go with Grens. Jack of all trades.
9 Oct 2014, 00:59 AM
Donator 11

Penals.

Penal is love, penal is life.
9 Oct 2014, 01:04 AM

Penals.

Penal is love, penal is life.

lifelong suck
9 Oct 2014, 01:17 AM

Volksgrens because their easy and amazing scalability through vet.
9 Oct 2014, 03:17 AM
Honorary Member Badge

No one has said Conscripts yet!

Will no one please think of the utility we will be missing?!?
9 Oct 2014, 03:33 AM

the finale of all these polls is gonna actually be an "OKW is OP" thread
9 Oct 2014, 03:55 AM

Yeah I kinda have the feeling this faction is gonna just be OKW, except maybe with T34-85s instead of Panthers.

Which is logical I suppose because IIRC this faction won't have a resource penalty, and super units without even the penalty = super win.
9 Oct 2014, 04:15 AM

Go LMG Gren spam!
9 Oct 2014, 05:07 AM

No one has said Conscripts yet!

Will no one please think of the utility we will be missing?!?

What Utility?

Grens do everything they do better. :/
9 Oct 2014, 05:47 AM
Patrion 14

I dunno, imagine conscripts merging a sturmpio squad, or any elite squad that doesn't rely on armor. They will never die!

If only I could change my vote...
9 Oct 2014, 06:16 AM

so merge makes up for a terrible grenade, an inferior AT trap, no non-doctrinal upgrades and the requirement to get close in order to be able to do anything effective versus an enemy effective predominantly at long range who'll mow you down as you get there (or else has weapons superior in close range performance to yours)
9 Oct 2014, 06:55 AM
Patrion 14

so merge makes up for a terrible grenade, an inferior AT trap, no non-doctrinal upgrades and the requirement to get close in order to be able to do anything effective versus an enemy effective predominantly at long range who'll mow you down as you get there (or else has weapons superior in close range performance to yours)

Errm, I am not saying that at all. What I am saying, is that in a fantasy faction, merge is what I believe to be a very good boost to the faction. You can build, say, one conscript squad, then rely on sturmpios early game, and use the conscript to fill the ranks of soldiers that retreat home, or are otherwise low on men. This means you would have say, 3 sturmpio squads early game, with the reinforce cost of conscripts. My statements have nothing to do in terms of the factions they actually are in. I agree with you that in the soviet faction, conscripts NEED a change.
9 Oct 2014, 09:02 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Yeah I kinda have the feeling this faction is gonna just be OKW, except maybe with T34-85s instead of Panthers.

Which is logical I suppose because IIRC this faction won't have a resource penalty, and super units without even the penalty = super win.

When I get to vehicles I will explicitly state that fuel costs for OKW will be upped to account for the fact that they don't have a penalty, so that should not be a consideration
9 Oct 2014, 09:07 AM

I have to give the nod to volks thanks to the shreck upgrade, the great grenade, and their insane durability with vet. The only other infantry squads that have access to shrecks are pgrens and stormtroopers and there are MUCH better elite infantry choices than those two. Volks might not produce close to the same dps as LMG grens but when you can have access to obers or paras as your elite infantry choice they don't have to.

Shrecks are simply too powerful to pass up.
9 Oct 2014, 16:53 PM

My guess is this faction is gonna be OKW with support units from wehr. So OKW with wehr mortar instead of IG, pak instead of raketen. Oh and a sniper somewhere in there.
9 Oct 2014, 16:57 PM

I voted Volks because of their veterancy. Makes them unkillable. PLus they get schrecks which is a powerful upgrade. Grens are good as well
9 Oct 2014, 18:44 PM

Toss-up between Volks and Grens. Grens get the juicy LMG42, good baseline stats, and nade/faust free. Volks get the shreck, insane veterancy, and great durability.

In the end, voted grens because I find Volks a bit too good. My fantasy faction is powerful but balanced, dammit!

Riflemen are kinda distant runner-ups, thanks to their higher cost and pretty poor scalability unless you get a doctrine and/or fuel costing upgrades for them.

Conscripts aren't even on the radar.
9 Oct 2014, 20:09 PM

Errm, I am not saying that at all. What I am saying, is that in a fantasy faction, merge is what I believe to be a very good boost to the faction. You can build, say, one conscript squad, then rely on sturmpios early game, and use the conscript to fill the ranks of soldiers that retreat home, or are otherwise low on men. This means you would have say, 3 sturmpio squads early game, with the reinforce cost of conscripts. My statements have nothing to do in terms of the factions they actually are in. I agree with you that in the soviet faction, conscripts NEED a change.

The thing about conscripts is that they are much more squishier than... Nearly all axis infantry. Perhaps sturmpios could be merged into, but say, obers, are worth their reinforcement cost for their reduced accuracy from receiving small arms fire - which makes them last longer.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 30
South Africa 1
Germany 537
Peru 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L