Login

russian armor

t70 vet 2 commander scan range = 120mm mortar range?

7 Oct 2014, 17:04 PM

im new to soviet i usually play US or OKW, i was playing aroudn with t70 and noticed that that commander scan ability at vet 1 jsut increses the range slightly but at vet 2 it gets doubled is it a bug?

7 Oct 2014, 17:12 PM

Nope, intended. Vet 2 gives a sight boost at all time, which then stacks with recon mode giving huge sight range. A similar thing happens on 221/222s with spotting scopes.
7 Oct 2014, 17:17 PM

Nope, intended. Vet 2 gives a sight boost at all time, which then stacks with recon mode giving huge sight range. A similar thing happens on 221/222s with spotting scopes.

i watched a lot of replays of all type of players but i never saw any one use this ability. this is realy good when teamed up with jacksons
7 Oct 2014, 19:16 PM

I was using this yesterday to scout ahead for my Howitzer strikes and to avoid P4s with my T34s. It's such a huge sight distance it really comes in handy.
It's a shame it's not viable to use with T4, since it would work a wonder with SU-85s.
7 Oct 2014, 19:43 PM

i watched a lot of replays of all type of players but i never saw any one use this ability. this is realy good when teamed up with jacksons

Yeah it's shockingly underutilized. The biggest drawback is the weakness of both T70s and 222s. If you're not attentive they can each be killed in like 1 or 2 shots. And it can be difficult for them to vet up safely to get that extra sight range.

Back before WF one of my favorite 2v2 combos was Elite troops + Elephant. Your teammate could get a 222 with spotting scopes, and then you could instantly vet it up to vet 3 where it could then see across the entire map. No more bad flanks for you, and only bad flanks for them. Shit was dope.
8 Oct 2014, 16:44 PM

Yeah it's shockingly underutilized. The biggest drawback is the weakness of both T70s and 222s. If you're not attentive they can each be killed in like 1 or 2 shots. And it can be difficult for them to vet up safely to get that extra sight range.

True, it's fragile. That's why sometimes when it hits Vet 2 (or even before) if it's on the field and the opponent has bigger tanks/AT guns around, i'll change it to 'Capture mode' and also turn on Recon mode and then use it to zip behind enemy lines and decap their cut offs/fuel etc. Infantry mostly can't do much against it, and if a Tank or AT gun is coming you'll see it before it can engage and then run away again (only to return and decap again when they get pulled away)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★