Login

russian armor

Looking for mentor/2's partner

7 Oct 2014, 05:34 AM

hey all. As the title says I'm looking for a sort of mentor to play a few 2's games with. I've been playing CoH since back in the vcoh days. For a short time I was on top 10 for PE and fairly high for US too (can't remember exactly) under the name Lostindreams (I think, so many years ago >.< so assuming my old age hasn't made my micro shit and by fingers slow I think I should be able to make the ladder climb if I put the effort in. I have recently started watching some of the top players stream and am really enjoying getting competitive again. I'm still pretty much not ranked at the moment but this is something I am looking to change.

I've been playing coh2 casually since beta but have recently decided to start getting more serious about my gameplay and playing 1v1 and 2v2 more instead of the lolspamfest that is 3v3 and 4v4 MVGame. I'll have a look through some of my replays and post them soon.

I should mention I am in Australia, but am fairly flexible with times.

Thanks for reading all :)

</rant>
7 Oct 2014, 05:41 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Welcome! I don't know if you have seen my stream but very often I love to play with viewers. So if you want to play with me sometime be sure to stop by! :D
7 Oct 2014, 06:06 AM

Yep have hung out in your stream a couple of times. Good to see someone trying to make USF work. Sure I'll come have a few games if you don't mind a USF noob, I'm sure I could learn plenty off you :p
7 Oct 2014, 06:14 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

cool! I hope I will see you around!
7 Oct 2014, 08:08 AM

Ok here is one 1v1 from earlier today. I usually have a lot of trouble with maxim spam + guards/T34 spam but managed to get my shit together and eek out a win this time. The game before this the same opponent has me surrendering 10 minutes in with a flamed scout car rush

Not my best game but I don't have many replays saved of 1's and 2's at the moment.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/25136/my-1v1-of-fortification-commander

I'll see if I can find any other decent 1v1 replays. would appreciate it if anyone is willing to give me some constructive criticism :)
7 Oct 2014, 10:32 AM
Patrion 14

-First of all you see in the Fog of war that he built tier1, if he didn't cancel it.
That probably means M3 and/or snipers which means for you - keep your units together and don't spread them apart too much.

-Since he built t1, i wouldn't recommend building a kubel. The m3 softcounters your kubel and you have nothing to deal with the m3 in the first minutes if you don't get a Raketenwerfer.
You are doing very good in the first minutes by keeping you units together and focussing on the m3.
Also, you are keeping your kubel at max. range to prevent damage from the m3 - well done.

-You went t3 after that to get a Puma, which is an effective way to get rid of the m3s.
Personally i would have bunkered a little more and have waited for t4 to get a luchs.
Then you would have a good light tanks to hard counter the m3s and any soviet infantry.

-Your choice was the better one tho, cause he went for fast t3. Remember to keep your puma at rangr (Puma:50 range, t34:35 range), and use the reverse mode more often! There were quite a few times (i counted 5) where the Puma was facing its butt to the Soviets.

-Your choice to go for the Stuka was good, too. The 120 was hurting you baldy, and you took it out with the first shot of your stuka, good choice.
What the soviet was clearly doing wrong, he didn't try even once to flank your "blob" in the middle. 1 t34 from front and one from the side with some Flame Penals would have hurt you more.

-Loosing his first t34 was beyond stupid. He was probably going for your stuka. You chased him down well, when he was retreating.

-Your enemys commander choice wasn't the best either: t3 with t34/76 plus t34/85 call in: why?
Then he even went for t4 to ge a katyusha and su85. Again: questionable.

-What i wouldn't have done is going for the second Stuka. You know he had 2 t34, what if he called in another 2 t34/85? One precision shot of the Katyusha (he had the vet and the ammo) and your 88mm would have been taken out temporarily. Your only at would have been a Puma and 4 Volks with Shrecks.
The better choice would have been a Panther here to be safe in late game.

All in all you made the right strategic decisions to counter his (questionable) decisions.
Another thing: When you cant win a fight, don't let your squad last till it has only one man left, retreat instantly to save mp.
8 Oct 2014, 08:06 AM

Thanks for that lummel, appreciate it mate :)

Yep I did actually look in to FoW, I remembered that time :p I was expecting a scout car but I felt like I still needed a kubel. I just tried to be very conservative with my kubel which payed off. Lately I have been getting early Puma against both soviets and USF to counter the usual M3 or maxims and M20/M8/stuart for USF.Until I get the puma out I try to keep my units together to stop the M3 from wiping squads.

I do sometimes rush a luchs if I feel confident there isn't much/any serious AT on the field, but I've been having much more success with the Puma because of how popular early T34's and Shermans are. as you mentioned, I still have a lot of trouble micro'ing the puma properly. tracked vehicles I can handle ok but the Puma and Kubel give me quite a few problems. I'm really not too proficient with microing vehicles in CoH2. It's one of the areas I'd really like to improve on.

Thanks again for your time and advice, much appreciated :thumbsup:
12 Oct 2014, 11:31 AM

any out there looking for a 2's partner?
12 Oct 2014, 15:10 PM
3 Nov 2014, 07:56 AM

I've chucked another replay up of a 2v2 with me and queen, if anyone would care to take a look at it for me and critique it would be much appreciated :)

http://www.coh2.org/replay/26427/tha-powah-of-tha-all-mighty-rngods/page/1#post_id240409
3 Nov 2014, 08:02 AM

Still looking for a mentor by the way, even if it's just the occasional game/replay critique here and there. I've been improving my game a lot the last few weeks but I could always use some expert advice :thumbsup:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★