Login

russian armor

How to fight against fast luchs

6 Oct 2014, 17:37 PM

Hello comrades, how do I fight the Luchs tank? It is super fast and agile; it can run circles around all my units. I have tried using AT nades against it, but it backs up fast even with engine damage.

How do I stop this tank
6 Oct 2014, 17:39 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

It doesn't have smoke so it's pretty vulnerable to button+zis gun. AT nades help too.
6 Oct 2014, 18:04 PM

If usa go stuart and don't lose stuart until you get jacksons.
As soviets get zis guns if you are brave enough or just build t70 or t34 anything similar to that ..
6 Oct 2014, 18:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2014, 17:39 PMRomeo
It doesn't have smoke so it's pretty vulnerable to button+zis gun. AT nades help too.

It has vet 1 ability to cloack. It's pretty good troll/escape ability
6 Oct 2014, 18:06 PM

Even guards in Green Cover can scare it away I find. Failing that, have a T70 with Cons (AT Grenades), Guards or a ZiS will run it off or destroy it outright.

If you don't have Guards or can't get to T3 in reasonable time, then as Romeo said a ZiS will do the trick, but needs to be supported. Just be sure to keep it protected and don't let it get flanked. Never forget how useful mines are either.
6 Oct 2014, 18:08 PM

Whatsup with the T70 vs Luchs?
6 Oct 2014, 18:50 PM

I haven't tried in a vacuum, but I think a T70 will lose 1v1, but T70 with Guards will mean the Luchs will be in trouble and can be chased down by the 70?

I guess I suggested that because it's the first vehicle you can get as Sov that would be able to chase down a damaged Luchs and finish it off if it tries to flee.
6 Oct 2014, 19:10 PM

I haven't tried in a vacuum, but I think a T70 will lose 1v1, but T70 with Guards will mean the Luchs will be in trouble and can be chased down by the 70?

I guess I suggested that because it's the first vehicle you can get as Sov that would be able to chase down a damaged Luchs and finish it off if it tries to flee.

T70 dies very fast vs Luchs. Screw logic.
6 Oct 2014, 19:38 PM

What are you guys saying ?? T-70 beats luchs hands down
6 Oct 2014, 19:57 PM

The T70 beats a Luchs. The Luch's gun is unable to penetrate T70's armor reliably.
6 Oct 2014, 20:34 PM
Donator 11

T70 is good in killing Luchs tanks but you have to remember that it has to fight it with its frontal armour, rear armour of t70 is so weak it can be quite easily killed even by 222.
6 Oct 2014, 22:41 PM

• rofl at people saying the luchs can take on a t70 1v1. the t70 gun will penetrate every shot where as the luchs will have trouble with its frontal armor.

oorah conscripts from multiple angles to throw atleast one anti-tank grenade, finish off with 2 shots from ZiS. guards can deal decent damage, but its very risky because you can lose a lot of guards in the process. t70 works too.
7 Oct 2014, 13:47 PM

Another thing to try is placing mines on key chokepoints. If they rush a Luchs, most OKW players will be extremely aggressive with it so you can bait it into a mine and finish it off with a couple of Zis shots. This works best on maps like Kholodny Ferma and Road to Kharkov that have obvious chokepoints.
7 Oct 2014, 14:45 PM

Thank you for all the suggestions guys. Right now I have been upgrading my cons to AT nades and getting a fast AT gun. I been having good success, especially with a partner in covering my flanks so I can get a good first shot at that pesky tank!!

QUestion for those players who suggest getting t70 for Luchs: If the T70 a good investment? I am worried that it will be chewed up by schreck volks and Pumas.
7 Oct 2014, 19:45 PM

i think its a good investment to harass the side points of the map. dont use it near the center of the map where the majority of the enemy's AT is gonna be. after you see that the enemy has a lot of shreks or paks, leave it on the edge of the map to kill any squads that try to capture side points. a single volks squad wont do enough damage to the t70 and will be forced to retreat. a puma comes out a lot earlier than the t70 so you should see it coming.
8 Oct 2014, 17:10 PM

Thank you for all the suggestions guys. Right now I have been upgrading my cons to AT nades and getting a fast AT gun. I been having good success, especially with a partner in covering my flanks so I can get a good first shot at that pesky tank!!

QUestion for those players who suggest getting t70 for Luchs: If the T70 a good investment? I am worried that it will be chewed up by schreck volks and Pumas.

I think it depends on how fast you can get it out. If there is already a lot of AT floating about the map it might not be worth it, and I personally would save up for a T70 instead. If I can get it out before they have much armour of their own then I go for it.

Even later in the game when it's too fragile to be fighting up front, it's still useful as a zippy capping/de-capping unit to take their cut-offs or get far flung points for yourself. If you can get it to Vet 2, pop on 'Recon Mode' and the thing is basically a map hack.

Pro-Tip: Put on Recon Mode each time you go into Capture mode, since you can't fire the gun in that mode anyway, you may as well be able to see anything coming for you.
3 Nov 2014, 18:11 PM

ZiS-3 with AT con together will scare them of... but they still go bother you someplace else, better use T-70 or other tank.
5 Nov 2014, 18:09 PM

Hey guys so my usual build is now AT Cons and a ZiS at around the 5 minute mark. It works great :D. Any stupid 222, halftrack, or Puma just dies now :D I guess this deters players from going Luchs
26 Nov 2014, 14:12 PM

How does the SU-76 do agains the Luchs, or does it come too late to be effective anyway?
26 Nov 2014, 14:43 PM

Permanently Banned
Unless your opponent is mentally inefficient in some way or you are on a map with lots of tight corners, it's basically impossible to get an AT nade off on a Luch.

T70 is the only effective early counter to it from what I've come to understand. I remember trying to play vs RtN.Bigrat with just T1+T2 soviets, while waiting for call-ins, and the Luch just made a total mess of me. Going T3 for either T70 or T34 is pretty much a must for Soviets vs Fast Luch.

Countering it with USF? Lol good luck. If you can manage to get the better of it with a Stuart, maybe.

I strongly feel the Luch needs a slight price increase to represent it's powerful role, possibly to 60 or 65. That, or nerf fuel cost of Stuart so it can more appropriately counter it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★