Login

russian armor

Matchmaking Hates Players Who Switch Factions

20 Oct 2014, 20:34 PM

Cam not find anything interesting - most texts are just bla bla bla. ...

Is the algorithm PUBLIC ???
21 Oct 2014, 13:07 PM

ELO is a mathematically sound and proven way to measure a persons performance over time. It's nowadays used in almost all competitive games in some way or another. The standard algorithm can be found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system#Theory

No idea how exactly Relic implemented it. The standard algorithm is obviously to a degree flawed here, as CoH2 does not have the ability to end in a draw. It still works of course, but it means it's less stable.

Now ELO is just one part of the system. For a good matchmaking you need to 1.) be able to accurately judge the performance of a player and 2.) be able to match them against similar opponents.

For the pure ELO it doesn't matter too much what you get matched against, but of course for the player experience it. You could be matched against quite a lot stronger players and only win one out of 5 games, but still stay at the same ELO. You lose little for a loss, but gain a lot for a win.

Now the big problem is the matchmaking, but that's not a problem that's easy to fix. If the pool of players is small, the game has to match you against players that differ a lot from your skill. So even a perfect ELO system can still create a bad user experience when the player pool is so small.

Oh hey - http://www.coh2.org/topic/25716/just-saw-99-axis-vs.-1-allied
You are one of that guys who rages about stuff they don't understand. Well, I guess you won't read & understand what I wrote anyways. Since I already put the time in I'll still post...
21 Oct 2014, 13:56 PM

I read and understood :)

But my opinion is that only 50% win ratio check is a good measure for MM performance.

I do not rage but it took few days to:

1. Get the magic knowledge of how it works - why it's not published using BIG letters. (like magic and hidden performance check for new factions matches). I play COH series for YEARS and it's first time I learnt about this procedure.

2.The way it works now is killing this game as new gamers do not stay with it.

I am almost sure "free to play" weekend will give a little feedback as most people will just say it's to hard. While good MM would pair them with their level gamers.

Now it's made just for old stuff players.

But it's Sega/Relic budget problem ....

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS